New clubs

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

New clubs

Post by Rightside »

Someone was telling me last night Olympic are starting a women's team next year? Seems to be quite a few clubs keen to join the womens comp next year

Olympic
Western Strikers
Salisbury Utd
White City
Noarlunga/Sth United
Northern Demons

Any others?

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: New clubs

Post by juniorsupporter »

Most interesting to me is White City- With Tracey as Girls and Women's TD, Kevin Holohan as Head of Female football and Cassio as Junior boys TD - getting serious over there (certainly putting some resources towards women's football).

One question though- Where are all the players for these new teams going to come from? And which comps will they play in?

Brian the Postman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brian the Postman »

juniorsupporter wrote:Most interesting to me is White City- With Tracey as Girls and Women's TD, Kevin Holohan as Head of Female football and Cassio as Junior boys TD - getting serious over there (certainly putting some resources towards women's football).

One question though- Where are all the players for these new teams going to come from? And which comps will they play in?
Northern Demons is an interesting one, it wasn't long ago that they were complaining about the costs of operating a mens team and threatening to pull out.

I know there's some good players that have come out of Pirie and a lot of young girls play in primary school but have to give up with no pathway. Potentially it's a good thing, but odd nonetheless.
It's all in the Delivery!

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

Spreading the talent even thinner.......OR.................providing solid structures in the leagues beneath the WNPL to ensure a strong women's football competition? The latter will ensure that those promoted are working towards a structure that will see them make the jump to the leagues above them seamlessly and remain competitive.

All round good news. Tracey over the WC is pretty good. She's had success with getting Uni to become a powerhouse.

The WNPL can only prosper with teams below them willing and bale to take the next jump.

Next question is that with all the requirements for clubs to be eligible to have a team in the WNPL.....how is the NTC able to place a team in WNPL 2018? Just curious I suppose when some teams were precluded from making the transition into the WNPL because they believed that they could not met the criteria.

funkypet
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by funkypet »

Kevin Holohan holding a position at another club, this can't be correct. He isn't allowed on another committee for three years (related to a court matter). Thats why he hadn't been involved at Uni part way through this season. The info must have been wrong if he has a position at another club.

Will be interesting at Uni's presentation night.

Not enough players to go around unless poaching and promise of $$.

Looking forward to what's ahead.

LOVE OF FOOTBALL
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by LOVE OF FOOTBALL »

The old story of robbing peter to pay Paul.
We do not have the population.
Like you said funkypet. " Not enough players to go around unless poaching and promise of $$."

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

As long as these clubs have a solid structure in place for the girls/women and they work from the ground up then this should be a good thing for womens football in this state.
If clubs think they can just chuck a women's team in with no planning, no structure, no backing, then it will fall apart.
Good luck to all the clubs, I hope they do the right thing by the women's game.

Captn birdseye
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Captn birdseye »

After this year with Croydon, I have no doubt they'll all be put into State League, it doesn't take much to get in anymore!