2017 WNPL Minor Premiers

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

2017 WNPL Minor Premiers

Post by Rightside »

Congratulations to West Adelaide Hellas! Getting it done on goal difference, unbelievably close top 4. Bring on the final series!

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: 2017 WNPL Minor Premiers

Post by sportsbird »

Excellent games at the shores. Great to see the excitement and reaction on the West Adelaide Players faces on hearing that Metro beat Adelaide City.
Congratulations to West Adelaide WFC on winning the minor Premiership. Good to see another team on top of the ladder.
Also congratulations to Metro United on taking out the points against Adelaide City. I actually backed Adelaide City to win that game and take out the minor league ladder. However on a sour note. It was rumored that an assault occurred at the parks during the Adelaide City and Metro United match.
It is believed an Adelaide City coaching staff assaulted a Metro United supporter. Can anyone confirm.
If it is true, it is appalling and the FFSA should ban this person for life. This is the second time in two years that an Adelaide City official has come under scrutiny.
On a good note, come on the finals. Good luck to all teams.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

From what I understand, NOT a member of the coaching staff.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Hi Nick
I might seem to be niave, but Im not sure exactly what you mean.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

I mean that your original assertion that a member of the City coaching staff was involved is erroneous, from what I understand. However, I don't know much, and I may be wrong.

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by n8 »

Apparently a relative of a senior coach from what I heard...

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

Let's focus on the football.

Two great games at The Parks with Campbelltown finally taking it to one of the established sides and ending on a relative high, and a dramatic late win for Metro that saw the most incredible four way finish in recent memory if ever. One point between first and fourth is unheard of.

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by nathanburns15 »

The individual in question was a ground steward and is a relation to the head coach. Disgraceful.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Not a good look for the WNPL and for both clubs in question. Both have a poor track record of poor (dangerous) behaviour by supporters and officials alike.

Roll on the finals I say. Can't wait to see another City v Metro game. Ticket sales will no doubt increase.

Or...Dock them points and see them out of the top 4.