WLeague Coach

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

WLeague Coach

Post by juniorsupporter »

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: WLeague Coach

Post by Rightside »

Well glad we have an announcement......hard to know how familiar he really is with the women’s game but it doesn't sound like a bad appointment.

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by nathanburns15 »

Rightside wrote:Well glad we have an announcement......hard to know how familiar he really is with the women’s game but it doesn't sound like a bad appointment.
Well he was the assistant last W-League season so knowledge wouldn't be a big worry

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

Great appointment.

A young, local coach with vast experience already under his belt, experience at AUFC, and a good working relationship with the coaching community across the state. I'm sure he will spend the time getting to know the local WNPL talent over the next two months before the season concludes but I expect his best work will come not so much in the short term but in the longer run.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

WOW that was an unexpected result. Good luck Ivan. Good luck.

The early appointment is positive.

Huss' departure from the W League is unfortunate. The assembled team was one of our best. The USA girls sublime in their talent. The Brazilian superb. The local girls made the FOXTEL and Radio commentators take note by acknowledging SA women's football was in good shape. No better advertisement for our local comp and talent. They may not have been professionals in the sense of football being their main career but or local girls represented themselves wonderfully.

As we always say on this Forum "Do it well. Do it for the Girls. They deserve the Best".

Roll on Season 2017/2018

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Post by United We Stand »

billy the kid wrote:WOW that was an unexpected result. Good luck Ivan. Good luck.

The early appointment is positive.

Huss' departure from the W League is unfortunate. The assembled team was one of our best. The USA girls sublime in their talent. The Brazilian superb. The local girls made the FOXTEL and Radio commentators take note by acknowledging SA women's football was in good shape. No better advertisement for our local comp and talent. They may not have been professionals in the sense of football being their main career but or local girls represented themselves wonderfully.

As we always say on this Forum "Do it well. Do it for the Girls. They deserve the Best".

Roll on Season 2017/2018

Well said Billy the Kid. I couldn't agree more with what you have written. I particularly like what you said about the "local" girls which contrasts sharply with what "Sportsbird" was writing about our girls. I am living in London now so it is a pity that I will only get to see a couple of games when I temporarily return around Xmas time for a few weeks. So refreshing to read some positive comments on this forum for a change. I hope that you are enjoying the WNPL as I see that it is tight at the top.
Last edited by United We Stand on Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Happy in the land of OZ

Thanks Unite We Stand.

Hopefully the AUFC hand out some $$$$ to the team and provide them with the facilities and support much earlier than a month or two before the season starts. Oh well one out of two might not be so bad.
Last edited by billy the kid on Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

What a great appointment. Ivan Karlovic is the best choice to go forward with the Lady Reds and well into the future.
Ivan is a fantastic communicator and well respected. Ivan has a great football brain and has the skills and knowledge to pass down to the lady reds.
Since Ivan's appointment, there has been a big buzz within the women's football circle. Adelaide United F/C should be applauded for appointing the right person as Head coach. AUWFC also made the right decision not to appoint any previous coaches who were involved with the lady reds in the past.
What I hear coming out of AUWFC is that Ivan will be recruiting young experienced players from the WNPL to develop for the long term rather than short term. There have been too many turnovers of players in the past who have not succeeded or have secured their position. Ivan will be looking at balancing the squad with a mixture of youth and incorporating with senior interstate/overseas players.
Women's football in SA will now be heading in the right direction.

My opinion on some of the WNPL players that will be looked at for the initial squad.
West Adelaide
Nicole Tilley
Elena Psaroulis
Sarah Willacy
Georgia Nicola - Would have been selected if she was not injured

Adelaide City
Daniela Di Bartolo
Alex Chidiak
Georgia Campagnale

Metro United
Lauren Steer - Would have been selected if she was not injured
Isabella Scalzi
Chrissy Panagaris
Ebony Kyriacou

Adelaide Uni
Emily Condon
Maria Rojas
Jenna McCormick

Fulham
Claudia Jenkins

Salisbury Inter
Nil

Cumberland
Hannah Custance

Campbelltown
Kelsey Zafaridis

My opinion on the State League players that will also be looked at.
Adelaide Comets
Sarah Chappel
Victoria Mansueto

Para Hills Knight
Nil

NTC
Sharni Tansell
Georgia Ianella

South Adelaide
Nil

Croydon Kings
Nil

Stirling Districts
Nil

Finding Sportsbird
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by Finding Sportsbird »

Great appointment im sure he will do a good job. So if he is going to recruit for the long term i hope we dont slam him if he doesnt make finals im all for the young and development.
Just on some of your players sportsbird claudia jenkins is off to america for 4 years unfortunately and you left out the captain stella rigon.......any reason...

Coyote
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Coyote »

Thanks for your opinion Sportsbird re potential players and I am sure a lot of those players will be considered for selection. I may have seen a few more state league games than yourself this season so I would like to add that there are a few more girls in the NTC team that I think may be in the mix as well. Emily Hodgson would be one of those especially considering she was in the team last year.

There will always be differing opinions re selection but it is a positive that the coach has been announced earlier compared to previous seasons. Combined with the local talent and hopefully the o/seas players from last season returning, I am confident that the team will have success.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Happy Times
Last edited by billy the kid on Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Finding Sportsbird,
In answer to your question regarding Stella Rigon, Having played with Stella and against her, I feel that she is not quite up to the standard of W League. Fantastic player in the WNPL and a great ambassador for Fulham United.
However, Stella has one great asset of having set shots at goals and is a good communicator but at W League level you need more, much more.
I have followed her last year and my opinion still remains the same.
In relation to Claudia Jenkins, I was not aware that she is heading to America. Good Luck to Claudia.
I also forgot to mention Grace Abbey who has returned from Melbourne.
There are several names that I have not mentioned especially in the NTC that I believe will be W League players in the future.
Seen several of the NTC games and found quite alot of talented girls.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Post by United We Stand »

[quote="sportsbird"]Finding Sportsbird,I also forgot to mention Grace Abbey who has returned from Melbourne.

Yes, I have been told that both Grace Abbey and Ally Ladas have returned from Melbourne. Both did well last season and should be considered. Has Grace played yet? I haven't seen her named in any team lineup on the FFSA website.

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rightside »

United We Stand wrote:
sportsbird wrote: Yes, I have been told that both Grace Abbey and Ally Ladas have returned from Melbourne. Both did well last season and should be considered. Has Grace played yet? I haven't seen her named in any team lineup on the FFSA website.
Grace on the team sheet for Adelaide City tonight :D

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Finding Sportsbird
As you seem to now everything about women's football, what is the feeling around Adelaide City Women's Club players who were allegedly promised a Lady Reds stint now that it has been confirmed that PP will not be Head Coach?
Last edited by sportsbird on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Finding Sportsbird

Feelings must be great top of the table now. Ask the players how they are feeling. Who is the asistant coach? I think kevin.....

Finding Sportsbird

Sportsbird what happened to metro on friday night??? Sorry i couldnt make it please feel me in. You still playing football????.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Finding sportsbird
In answer to question Metro lost. But I dont understand your point. I was at the adelaide city game. Please tell.

RAP300
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by RAP300 »

sportsbird wrote:Finding Sportsbird,
In answer to your question regarding Stella Rigon, Having played with Stella and against her, I feel that she is not quite up to the standard of W League. Fantastic player in the WNPL and a great ambassador for Fulham United.
However, Stella has one great asset of having set shots at goals and is a good communicator but at W League level you need more, much more.
I have followed her last year and my opinion still remains the same.
In relation to Claudia Jenkins, I was not aware that she is heading to America. Good Luck to Claudia.
I also forgot to mention Grace Abbey who has returned from Melbourne.
There are several names that I have not mentioned especially in the NTC that I believe will be W League players in the future.
Seen several of the NTC games and found quite alot of talented girls.
Hi Sportsbird
Thanks for the analogy of me, Sportsbird - I agree with you. Sorry to disappoint you last season.

Regards
Stella

Finding Sportsbird

I think you are a fantastic player stella keep going as most sport educated people will know playing in a higher level is a big gap from local level. It will take time to a just but you have a lot of potential keep going.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Hi Stella,
My opinion on you is only my opinion. This is not a personal attack but my analysis on your form.
One thing I know about you is that you always strive to be the best you can. I know you will prove me wrong in the future. Good luck.

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

Very happy for Ivan, great guy, fantastic knowledge not to mention a great communicator.

Positive move by AUFC.

alwaysoffside
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by alwaysoffside »

BAGGIO 15 wrote:Very happy for Ivan, great guy, fantastic knowledge not to mention a great communicator.

Positive move by AUFC.
Matricciani to assist Ivan is the whisper

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Happy Feet
Last edited by billy the kid on Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

alwaysoffside wrote:
BAGGIO 15 wrote:Very happy for Ivan, great guy, fantastic knowledge not to mention a great communicator.

Positive move by AUFC.
Matricciani to assist Ivan is the whisper
Another good appointment. He's had great results with the side he took to Canberra recently.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Pardon my ignorance but what did he do in Canberra? W league?

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

billy the kid wrote:Pardon my ignorance but what did he do in Canberra? W league?
He's worked with the STIC or Skillaroo's (Unsure of their name), 15's girls all year and took them away to nationals in Canberra.

I think they either won it or came second.

By all reports from parents and FFSA delegates he has worked exceptionally well with the group, even though some of the first choice girls missed the tournament through injury.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

Michael Matricciani (sp?) is the FFSA NTC coach. They competed in the NTC challenge in Canberra in July. Jonno Ruse is FFSA U 15 coach they played at Coffs Harbour earlier in July at the National Junior Championships.

Not sure how either team did. The results are not well-publicized as FFA insists it's about development. NTC won the whole thing, technical points and W/L, in 2014 under Ross Aloisi.

BAGGIO 15
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BAGGIO 15 »

juniorsupporter wrote:Michael Matricciani (sp?) is the FFSA NTC coach. They competed in the NTC challenge in Canberra in July. Jonno Ruse is FFSA U 15 coach they played at Coffs Harbour earlier in July at the National Junior Championships.

Not sure how either team did. The results are not well-publicized as FFA insists it's about development. NTC won the whole thing, technical points and W/L, in 2014 under Ross Aloisi.
Thanks for correcting as I wasn't certain of the title.
I believe they came second in Canberra.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Happy in the Land of Narnia
Last edited by billy the kid on Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.