Cup penalties

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

brushmancity
Apprentice
Apprentice

Cup penalties

Post by brushmancity »

So I was at a game this afternoon and after full and extra time the scored was nil nil, so onto penalties. After the regulation 5 penalties each the score was 2-2 any normal person would then assume sudden death NOT so with this referee he restarted the penalties at nil nil and then said the original penalty takers to start again. This referee would not be moved by several officials from both sides and also disgruntled spectators saying he knew the rules and we didn't. After these penalties the home team "won" the game leaving plenty of people bewildered. If FFSA read this post you have to take this referee through refresher courses to relearn the rules. UNLESS I AM WRONG!!!!

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Cup penalties

Post by juniorsupporter »

Clearly that's not the procedure according to the rules of the game. One assumes that one of the clubs in question will send a report to FFSA.

brushmancity
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by brushmancity »

I know that at the time of the second set of penalties both coaches were going to put in a report to the FFSA but seeing as the home team "won" we shall see if they do, the away team will?

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by nathanburns15 »

I was also at this game. Shambolic refereeing to put it nicely. Surely if you know you are refereeing a cup game you would brush on the rules of a penalty shoot out prior? Game should be replayed but this time under the actual laws of the game.

runcorn2adelaide
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by runcorn2adelaide »

Any update on this crazy shoot out?
Does the result stand ?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

nathanburns15 wrote:Game should be replayed but this time under the actual laws of the game.
Wouldn't you just redo the penalties rather than the whole game?

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by nathanburns15 »

Game to be replayed.

brushmancity
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by brushmancity »

Common sense prevailed at last 8)

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Agreed- who were the teams involved?

terryball
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by terryball »

thebeautifulgame wrote:Agreed- who were the teams involved?
PH.East v Metro DIV1

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

I am guessing the only people who agree with this outcome are Metro people or supporters ?

I am not involved with either club, seems to it is the most ridiculous decision ever.

From different junior and senior matches I have watched, seems to me like every time one of the so called "glamour" wnpl clubs complain about something the ffsa does not have the courage to stand up to them.

Why would you replay a whole game just because the penalty shootout was a mix up ?
I imagine both coaches shook hands and signed the team sheets on the day ? That right there, says both teams agreed on the outcome, end of story.

What happen did someone at the losing club not agree with the outcome because they lost, and decided to put in a protest ?
I am only guessing reading between the lines here.

What about if Metro won and the other team tried to lodge a similar protest ? I would say they would have not a chance because they are only considered a minnow club.
Of course Metro want the game to be replayed, they such a big pool of players to pick from, while the other club are only have two teams.

I don't put all the blame on ffsa, but the one or two "special clubs" who go sooky to them when things don't go there way

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by nathanburns15 »

The General wrote: Why would you replay a whole game just because the penalty shootout was a mix up ?
I imagine both coaches shook hands and signed the team sheets on the day ? That right there, says both teams agreed on the outcome, end of story.
Before the penalty shootout concluded both coaches had agreed to put in a report regarding the referee. After the shootout the PHE coach said he was happy to replay the game.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

nathanburns15 wrote:
The General wrote: Why would you replay a whole game just because the penalty shootout was a mix up ?
Before the penalty shootout concluded both coaches had agreed to put in a report regarding the referee. After the shootout the PHE coach said he was happy to replay the game.
but why replay the whole match, just redo the penalties. Even then, despite the mix up - it was the same for both teams.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

The ref clearly has no understanding of the game and should be shown the door permanently. Ridiculous
Ignore this signature

brushmancity
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by brushmancity »

As a follow up the penalties will be retaken, don't know where don't know when. To be pedantic about the actual game penalties, the first. 5 the score was 2-2 then came the second set with the same players taking them resulted phe miss, metro miss, phe miss, metro score, phe score, metro miss,phe score, metro miss,phe score, metro miss. So if it had gone to sudden death metro would have won. If only the ref had known the rules. Whatever outcome now it will be a shallow win for either team.

Dry July
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dry July »

brushmancity wrote:So if it had gone to sudden death metro would have won.
How do you know? Different players would have taken the kicks and the outcome could have been different.