Maria 'Cote' Rojas hailed as ‘one of Chile’s best’

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

flashBLACK
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Maria 'Cote' Rojas hailed as ‘one of Chile’s best’

Post by flashBLACK »

Maria 'Cote' Rojas hailed as ‘one of Chile’s best’ ahead of Copa America campaign

Adelaide University striker Maria ‘Cote’ Rojas has been labelled as a ‘key player’ in Chile’s Copa America campaign ahead of this weekend’s friendly against Peru.

http://adelaideunisoccerclub.com/2017/0 ... iles-best/

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Maria 'Cote' Rojas hailed as ‘one of Chile’s best’

Post by billy the kid »

And a wonderful person as well. We done Maria

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

I'm somewhat surprised how a fully fledged international striker for Chile cannot get a look in with the lady reds, a team that has never made the finals??????????

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Post by United We Stand »

[quote="snow white"]I'm somewhat surprised how a fully fledged international striker for Chile cannot get a look in with the lady reds, a team that has never made the finals??????????[/quote

Rojas was part of the "Train-On" squad and was only out of the main W-League squad because of the quality of the four allowable imports. Ordinarily she would have walked into the squad, but with Huerta,Colaprico, Naughton and Monica taking the four spots she was squeezed out. I don't know if the rules allowed Rojas to replace one if the imports if they copped a serious injury, but she would have been available to step right in. I suspect that the rules would have allowed this "injury replacement."She was training with the train-on squad at Angle Park where the W-League squad trained. In any case, United were the second top scorers in the league,so United's recruiting was spot on and can't really be criticised.

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

United We Stand wrote:
snow white wrote:I'm somewhat surprised how a fully fledged international striker for Chile cannot get a look in with the lady reds, a team that has never made the finals??????????[/quote

Rojas was part of the "Train-On" squad and was only out of the main W-League squad because of the quality of the four allowable imports. Ordinarily she would have walked into the squad, but with Huerta,Colaprico, Naughton and Monica taking the four spots she was squeezed out. I don't know if the rules allowed Rojas to replace one if the imports if they copped a serious injury, but she would have been available to step right in. I suspect that the rules would have allowed this "injury replacement."She was training with the train-on squad at Angle Park where the W-League squad trained. In any case, United were the second top scorers in the league,so United's recruiting was spot on and can't really be criticised.
Rojas has been here for two W League campaigns.