Croydon W-coach to step down?

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

redwin
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Croydon W-coach to step down?

Post by redwin »

Can anyone confirm?

Apparently to focus more on growing the club.

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Croydon W-coach to step down?

Post by Rightside »

Wasn't Jess Waterhouse taking on that role of growing the club as Technical Director? Is she still there?
has she played for them?

Captn birdseye
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Captn birdseye »

Jess was only used by the coach as a 'front' so that he could secure State League placement. She is playing AFL this year and not soccer.

I've heard he was asked to step down by the club after numerous complaints from members, players and parents......looks like Pitchy was onto something for all those haters!

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

If the above is true, the guy sounds like a real winner :roll: . That's unfortunate for the girls, the club and the competition as a whole. Hope they find a good replacement that can improve the situation. Club's reputation is on the line now....

simon kasperski
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by simon kasperski »

I am happy to clarify all things Croydon Kings Women's Teams!!!
I have not stepped down or been asked to step down by the Croydon Kings, the players, or supporters or parents.
We have had only 1 player leave the club since the beginning. This player was asked to leave as their core values towards the game did not align with what Croydon Kings are about. The decision was made in the best interests, and at the request of the majority of the playing group!
Our keeper does miss her old team mates because of the friendships that were made....... but let's look at the facts! She was married at the Croydon club, has 3 kids that all play at the club, and she has been the main driving force in our player aquisition. She is exactly where she wants to be, following a dream!!! she doesn't want to be anywhere else. THIS IS FACT!
Jess Waterhouse did sign with the club, but has now decided to priorotise her ameteur AFL career for at least this season, but has stated that she would still like to be involved with the club in one way or another, and will make herself available for games when it does not clash with AFL game day. ALSO FACT!!
The decision to join the State League competition was one that was put to the whole playing group, and was supported by an overwhelming majority. We were approached and asked by the FFSA if it was something that we would consider, and the decision was not taken lightly, and was not made against the will of the playing group. As a group, we had the guts to step up when no other club was game enough to, for the sake of the Women's game, and we are happy to be playing at this level, and believe we can be competative in the not to distant future.
We currently have 24 registered players. We have 6 players out due to injury at the present moment. I have never argued the fact that we need more players to top up the playing squads.
With the FFSA criteria of 50% players must be new to the game or previously unregistered, it was always going to be a struggle to attract a large number of highly skilled and experienced players. I did approach 4 players from other clubs prior to pre-season but was unsuccessful in aquiring any of them. All of our players have come from advertisements and the success of our summer league teams.
Croydon Kings did NOT beg me to do this for the last 3 years, but infact it was discussed since 2015, and was given the "go ahead" in July 2016. The purpose of our first ever Women's team at the club was to build a foundation in the Women's game, and make the game more accessable to all players. our intention was to field 1 community league team, but that became hard as our playing group grew to a number to large for 1 team, but not quite large enough for 2. The decision to now field 2 teams was one that was made by myself in order to allow every player the opportunity to play, and to grow our stature as rapidly as we could.
The moral amongst the players is still high and the players understand and except our position this season, and are looking to improve on results and grow as a unit.
The teams are not funded by the club!!! They are self funded! We are relying on sponsorship, donations and my back pocket!!!
We fully understand that we are "underdone" for the level required at State League, but with 50% players new to the game, what did people really expect?
The reason why NTC girls were playing back to their keeper was because this was our strategy against a team that had scored heavily against other teams, with a 17-1 thumping of Stirling in round 1. We were aware that they would attack fast and move the ball quickly, so our plan was to stem the flow of consistent scoring, which we were successfull in achieving.
We are not the only team who have had lob-sided results in the Women's State League this season, so to have a direct crack at us and no other club, gives the impression that it may be a personal issue........Just sayin!!!
I am proud to have achieved what we have so far, starting from scratch, without a red cent, or a single marquee player, and will continue to strive to make our club a powerhouse in Women's football.
Onwards and Upwards!!!

alwaysoffside
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by alwaysoffside »

simon kasperski wrote:I am happy to clarify all things Croydon Kings Women's Teams!!!
I have not stepped down or been asked to step down by the Croydon Kings, the players, or supporters or parents.
We have had only 1 player leave the club since the beginning. This player was asked to leave as their core values towards the game did not align with what Croydon Kings are about. The decision was made in the best interests, and at the request of the majority of the playing group!
Our keeper does miss her old team mates because of the friendships that were made....... but let's look at the facts! She was married at the Croydon club, has 3 kids that all play at the club, and she has been the main driving force in our player aquisition. She is exactly where she wants to be, following a dream!!! she doesn't want to be anywhere else. THIS IS FACT!
Jess Waterhouse did sign with the club, but has now decided to priorotise her ameteur AFL career for at least this season, but has stated that she would still like to be involved with the club in one way or another, and will make herself available for games when it does not clash with AFL game day. ALSO FACT!!
The decision to join the State League competition was one that was put to the whole playing group, and was supported by an overwhelming majority. We were approached and asked by the FFSA if it was something that we would consider, and the decision was not taken lightly, and was not made against the will of the playing group. As a group, we had the guts to step up when no other club was game enough to, for the sake of the Women's game, and we are happy to be playing at this level, and believe we can be competative in the not to distant future.
We currently have 24 registered players. We have 6 players out due to injury at the present moment. I have never argued the fact that we need more players to top up the playing squads.
With the FFSA criteria of 50% players must be new to the game or previously unregistered, it was always going to be a struggle to attract a large number of highly skilled and experienced players. I did approach 4 players from other clubs prior to pre-season but was unsuccessful in aquiring any of them. All of our players have come from advertisements and the success of our summer league teams.
Croydon Kings did NOT beg me to do this for the last 3 years, but infact it was discussed since 2015, and was given the "go ahead" in July 2016. The purpose of our first ever Women's team at the club was to build a foundation in the Women's game, and make the game more accessable to all players. our intention was to field 1 community league team, but that became hard as our playing group grew to a number to large for 1 team, but not quite large enough for 2. The decision to now field 2 teams was one that was made by myself in order to allow every player the opportunity to play, and to grow our stature as rapidly as we could.
The moral amongst the players is still high and the players understand and except our position this season, and are looking to improve on results and grow as a unit.
The teams are not funded by the club!!! They are self funded! We are relying on sponsorship, donations and my back pocket!!!
We fully understand that we are "underdone" for the level required at State League, but with 50% players new to the game, what did people really expect?
The reason why NTC girls were playing back to their keeper was because this was our strategy against a team that had scored heavily against other teams, with a 17-1 thumping of Stirling in round 1. We were aware that they would attack fast and move the ball quickly, so our plan was to stem the flow of consistent scoring, which we were successfull in achieving.
We are not the only team who have had lob-sided results in the Women's State League this season, so to have a direct crack at us and no other club, gives the impression that it may be a personal issue........Just sayin!!!
I am proud to have achieved what we have so far, starting from scratch, without a red cent, or a single marquee player, and will continue to strive to make our club a powerhouse in Women's football.
Onwards and Upwards!!!
Very quiet
Some keyboard warriors must be looking for a new rock.

KRO
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by KRO »

Hi Simon. Thanks for your response. I recall your genuine enthusiasm and positiveness on the u11 sidelines last winter when the idea was first developed. You knew it was going to be tough but you saw the opportunities and you have run with them. Good luck to you and CKFC except when our girls eventually play each other when a 3 all draw would be great with hat-tricks to them both.

Captn birdseye
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Captn birdseye »

simon kasperski wrote:I am happy to clarify all things Croydon Kings Women's Teams!!!
Onwards and Upwards!!!

Never argue with someone who believes their own lies.......

The only thing I'll say on the matter is there are no true facts in what you are saying at all and foundations built on lies can only support the walls of truth for so long!
multiple accounts wrote: Captn birdseye [ 2 Posts ]
Pitchy [ 3 Posts ]
flaggy [ 1 Post ]
Rascal21 [ 1 Post ]

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Captn birdseye wrote:
Onwards and Upwards!!!

The only thing I'll say on the matter is there are no true facts in what you are saying at all and foundations built on lies can only support the walls of truth for so long!
:lol:

Oh the irony. That statement in itself shows that it is YOU that has NFI.

Drive carefully (if you're old enough).
Ignore this signature

Wayne Kerr
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Wayne Kerr »

Bomber wrote:
Captn birdseye wrote:
Onwards and Upwards!!!

:lol:

Oh the irony. That statement in itself shows that it is YOU that has NFI.

Drive carefully (if you're old enough).

It must be school holidays...
We got Ova' Here?? #ACCUPAHATERS!

redwin
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by redwin »

simon kasperski wrote:We have had only 1 player leave the club since the beginning.
Lie!
simon kasperski wrote:The reason why NTC girls were playing back to their keeper was because this was our strategy against a team that had scored heavily against other teams
Lie!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Woosh!
Ignore this signature

JBJBJB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by JBJBJB »

bomber should it not be zoom! :)
You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Fuller

FoundIt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by FoundIt »

redwin wrote:
simon kasperski wrote:We have had only 1 player leave the club since the beginning.
Lie!
simon kasperski wrote:The reason why NTC girls were playing back to their keeper was because this was our strategy against a team that had scored heavily against other teams
Lie!
explain how it is a lie.

what players have left, and why do you not believe this was a strategy?
Im closer than you think

redwin
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by redwin »

FoundIt wrote:
explain how it is a lie.

what players have left, and why do you not believe this was a strategy?

Keep digging...

Dandylion
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Dandylion »

Seriously guys no body on here cares about what's happening at Croydon kings women. Keep your domestics for home

brushmancity
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Croydon W-coach to step down

Post by brushmancity »

Re Kings reserve side today they were well beaten by Metro but I have to admire their guts and determination of their players. They cheered after the game none of this head down and giving up. I hope things improve for this club and imo should have been placed in lower divisions and to be placed in the state league was most definitely the incorrect decision by FFSA.