WNPL Coaches - Take a bow.

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

WNPL Coaches - Take a bow.

Post by billy the kid »

With the focus on results and players, too little is said about the calibre of coaches in the WNPL 2017 season.

Step back and look back at the last 10 years and fast forward to today at the changing coaching landscape.

1) We have former Matildas coach and NSL legend Adrian Santrac at Salisbury.
2) NSL and Socceroo player Steve Maxwell at Cumberland.
3) Kevin McCormack former SASI women’s football coach and former WNSL Adelaide Sensations coach and the Matildas Olympic Team assistant coach to Santrac at the 2004 Olympics.
4) Tracey Jenkins the former SASI assistant and State team coach at Adelaide Uni.
5) Max Primaro founder of FUFC and State coach. SASI assistant and many other accolades so my apologies in advance.
6) Marie Spagnoletti: former WNSL player and recipient of FFA’s Community Coach of the year. On top of that many caps as State rep and of course founder member of the MUWSC.

This is no misprint people. All high achieving people at the helm of teams in our WNPL. They all deserve a vote of thanks for their belief in the women’s sport and to back it up with their commitment to coaching. I can only see it getting better and better and hopefully begin to get some of the publicity afforded to the AFL Women’s game. Here’s hoping anyway.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: WNPL Coaches - Take a bow.

Post by juniorsupporter »

Tracey Jenkins- former Matilda as well I believe.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

My apologies Tracey. My researcher needs replacing....ME!!!

I'm sure I've missed other critical details. Please feels free to add.

Point of the matter is about the quality coaches the league has attracted by improving conditions...game day experience and facilities. In years gone by it was a job taken on with trepidation and in many cases resulted in coaches running away never to be seen again.

alwaysoffside
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by alwaysoffside »

billy the kid wrote:My apologies Tracey. My researcher needs replacing....ME!!!

I'm sure I've missed other critical details. Please feels free to add.

Point of the matter is about the quality coaches the league has attracted by improving conditions...game day experience and facilities. In years gone by it was a job taken on with trepidation and in many cases resulted in coaches running away never to be seen again.

Paul Pez says Hi

No Filter
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by No Filter »

too early to say