State League Disappointment

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

Pitchy
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

State League Disappointment

Post by Pitchy »

I, like many others, am quite excited when new clubs join the competition, and with that in mind, I went along quite excitedly to see the Croydon games on Sunday after seeing the hype on this forum.

What a joke and disrespect to the other clubs in the league that the FFSA allowed Croydon play in State League!!! The play was farcical at best and Comets should have put another 10 away (in both Reserves and State team games). What fabrications did the Croydon Coach tell the FFSA to get into State League, but why are the FFSA allowing new teams to enter so high, a quick look at the registered players should have rung alarm bells????

Chatting to supporters, I found out that half the squad had never played football, the other half came from the Coaches previous club and had played Div 5, with a few Div 3 players. The Reserves Captain was lost on the field, with no fitness or ball skills, a quick look on Sporting Pulse (SP) and you see she’s been in Div 5 for years! The poor keeper was battered but was also out of her depth, another look on SP, and you see she’s a Div 4 keeper (she did really well for someone who was playing 4 divs higher than her capability and I believe she was man of the match for Croydon). I understand they have some players who have played Div 1, but are splitting their time between AFL and football so will not be available for many games.

State League is the feeder Div to WNPL, its disrespectful to the clubs that have worked hard through the ranks and the girls who have worked on their fitness and skills, to field a team that has no fitness, plays or basic ball skills. Croydon will get hammered every week in State League, they are Div 4/5 club at best. The FFSA should stand up and drop Campbelltown from the WNPL into State League and Res and drop Croydon down, to allow them to build a team from the ground up.

It’s disappointing to see a coach put his ego before his team! You must learn to walk before you can run.
multiple accounts - wrote: Captn birdseye [ 2 Posts ] Search
flaggy [ 1 Post ] Search
Rascal21 [ 1 Post ]

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: State League Disappointment

Post by Lucas Leiva »

Whilst what you say is valid, consider these points:

- the FFSA canvassed all clubs to express interest in entering the 2016 and 2017 State League
- many established clubs that have existed in D1 and D2 for a while were asked, and said they weren't ready for that step up
- in fact, many clubs in recent years have either refused to be in D1 or have withdrawn from D1 during the season
- Comets and Gawler were in a similar boat to Croydon experience-wise last season (albeit with arguably a better all-round quality to the squad)
- from my understanding, multiple proposals were put forward to solve the dilemma of a small State League
- a number of clubs submitted applications to take the WNPL spot of Sturt Marion - Para Hills Knights, South Adelaide, Adelaide Comets and Campbelltown (as stated here on the forum) - and Campbelltown were assessed and deemed at the time most appropriate by the FFSA

These results are not a sign of armageddon. It just illustrates to clubs that the effort to have and maintain a competitive side is an ongoing process that doesn't end the last day of pre-season, but actually extends for a number of years. If the club's behind these teams are willing to ride the tough times now, they will grow into competitive clubs in years to come.

Also, asking for the FFSA to drop a team from the WNPL to replace a team in the State League is counterproductive and baffling.

Also, if you cared so much about women's football, this wouldn't have been your very first forum post.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Totally Agree with your comments Pitchy.
Football in SA is going backwards.
It is becoming a joke.

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rightside »

Lucas Leiva wrote:Whilst what you say is valid, consider these points:

- the FFSA canvassed all clubs to express interest in entering the 2016 and 2017 State League
- many established clubs that have existed in D1 and D2 for a while were asked, and said they weren't ready for that step up
- in fact, many clubs in recent years have either refused to be in D1 or have withdrawn from D1 during the season
- Comets and Gawler were in a similar boat to Croydon experience-wise last season (albeit with arguably a better all-round quality to the squad)
- from my understanding, multiple proposals were put forward to solve the dilemma of a small State League
- a number of clubs submitted applications to take the WNPL spot of Sturt Marion - Para Hills Knights, South Adelaide, Adelaide Comets and Campbelltown (as stated here on the forum) - and Campbelltown were assessed and deemed at the time most appropriate by the FFSA

These results are not a sign of armageddon. It just illustrates to clubs that the effort to have and maintain a competitive side is an ongoing process that doesn't end the last day of pre-season, but actually extends for a number of years. If the club's behind these teams are willing to ride the tough times now, they will grow into competitive clubs in years to come.

Also, asking for the FFSA to drop a team from the WNPL to replace a team in the State League is counterproductive and baffling.

Also, if you cared so much about women's football, this wouldn't have been your very first forum post.
very well said Lucas, could not agree with all of your points more.

Pitchy
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Pitchy »

The fact this is my first post on a forum that I have observed for many years, speaks volumes for the point I’m making.

Lucas, to Address the points you made:
-Yes I am aware that all clubs were canvased,
-Clubs should not be given a choice in where they go, unless they can provide extenuating circumstances as to why they shouldn’t,
-Once again, clubs should not dictate where they go.
-Comets and Gawler are not comparable. Comets were made up of players who had come through the junior ranks and know how to play football. Gawler also had junior players as well as players who had played in Div 1. Croydon is made up of 50% of players who have never kicked a ball and 35% of players who played in div 4/5!
-Yes I am aware that multiple proposals were put forward, however the inclusion of a “Div 5/No experience at all” in the second tier of women’s football is not the answer!
-Yes I know a lot of clubs submitted proposals. I think any of the clubs that applied would be performing the same as Campbelltown is now.

My thoughts on dropping clubs is no more absurd than the FFSA putting a team of newcomers in a State Division!

We allow clubs and players dictate too much these days. Years ago, if you won you went up and if you came last you went down, you had no choice, that’s how it should be again. How can clubs, players and the competition improve if they are not challenged, we have a stagnant and unexciting league. Clubs should want to be striving to play State League, not being asked if they want to play in it!!!!

Rightside and Lucus, your defence of poor management is why the league is farcical and we don’t have solid competition from the top down.

Croydon will not win a game this year and their goal’s Against will far surpass Gawlers 156 last year! We want girls to love football, not hate it as they lose heart getting smashed each week!

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rightside »

I understand where you are coming from Pitchy, and I think Croydon have definitely bitten off more than they can chew, but they put their case forward to FFSA when no one else did, I don't believe FFSA have turned anyone away from State League (I could be wrong) that wanted to be there. It's a shame stronger clubs didn't want to give it a go, but they can't be forced. FFSA have been trying to work with Jags and other clubs to go into State League and they wont do it.

I agree that clubs and players get to dictate. But too often they then just pull out or fold (or threaten to) and just go play elsewhere or start a new club/team. I'm not sure how that could change.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Just come in.
Croydon Kings were selected to make it an even competition.
FFSA did not want Clubs to have a bye.
Smart thinking FFSA.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

One game, first in and the people working hard to get things underway to appease the Woman's game and they get smashed on here.
Teams have to start somewhere and you might be right about not being in the correct "league" but holy cow, give the girls a break and remember its what is trying to be built here, and clearly is a work in progress being the important factor.
They have a few players to come in, some had to front up to two games as they were a few short and by the sounds of it, Comets are a decent side all the same.
The only way is up!
Ignore this signature

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Bomber wrote:One game, first in and the people working hard to get things underway to appease the Woman's game and they get smashed on here.
Teams have to start somewhere and you might be right about not being in the correct "league" but holy cow, give the girls a break and remember its what is trying to be built here, and clearly is a work in progress being the important factor.
They have a few players to come in, some had to front up to two games as they were a few short and by the sounds of it, Comets are a decent side all the same.
The only way is up!
Totally agree Bomber, the girls and backroom staff, volunteers etc. will be hurting. Sincerely hope that the girls can stick with it and show progress as the season unfolds. As the old saying goes it is too easy to get a kicking when you are down.
Though it is hardly ideal all you can ask for is improvement. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Pitchy
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Pitchy »

That's my point Bomber and Beautiful game, there should be no reason anyone should be hurting!

The players didn't want to go into State League, the Club didn't think the players should play in State League, only the coach. The coach wanted to prove a point to his old club so went into State League. With the calibre of players they have recruited, the team would have still been challenged in Div 3 for example and would have been able to learn along the way. The reason they are short is because players have quit over being in the State League and the coach. They are going to play short every week unless they can recruit some new players but how can you attract players when you are getting smashed each week.

I'm not trying to kick anyone whilst they are down, but can you name any other league or sport that would allow a team of over 50% new/inexperienced players, to go straight into the second tier of a competition???? I'm also involved in the WSANFL, yes they take rookies but players are stringently tested on fitness, ability, skills on the ball etc.

The point i'm trying to make is that the FFSA rule new club entering must have 50% of new players yet allow these girls to be subjected to some of our most skilled players in the competition! Essentially the FFSA are saying Sate League is a mixed skill division?!?!?!? Really the competition is WNPL then Div1 toDiv5, Sate League is a separate competition like Collegiate and should be moved.

terryball
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by terryball »

Knights didn't apply to go up WNPL, they believed you need to earn your place and with over 17 departures from the club rebuilding is the main focus of the female side of the club .

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Pitchy wrote:That's my point Bomber and Beautiful game, there should be no reason anyone should be hurting!

The players didn't want to go into State League, the Club didn't think the players should play in State League, only the coach. The coach wanted to prove a point to his old club so went into State League. With the calibre of players they have recruited, the team would have still been challenged in Div 3 for example and would have been able to learn along the way. The reason they are short is because players have quit over being in the State League and the coach. They are going to play short every week unless they can recruit some new players but how can you attract players when you are getting smashed each week.

I'm not trying to kick anyone whilst they are down, but can you name any other league or sport that would allow a team of over 50% new/inexperienced players, to go straight into the second tier of a competition???? I'm also involved in the WSANFL, yes they take rookies but players are stringently tested on fitness, ability, skills on the ball etc.

The point i'm trying to make is that the FFSA rule new club entering must have 50% of new players yet allow these girls to be subjected to some of our most skilled players in the competition! Essentially the FFSA are saying Sate League is a mixed skill division?!?!?!? Really the competition is WNPL then Div1 toDiv5, Sate League is a separate competition like Collegiate and should be moved.
There is often two sides two every story and you have some decent points if indeed they are accurate. It would be inappropriate of me to confirm or deny any of your claims as I am not involved at any level with Croydon or with the Women's set up. Perhaps Bomber would be more 'qualified' to enlighten us on the situation. Either way it is important the girls get support as they have obviously been thrown in at the deep end. Life is sometimes full of harsh experiences but being humiliated on a football field should not be one of them.

MuddySocks
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by MuddySocks »

I agree. No benefit to the Croydon girls whatsoever. Apart from fitness - what are these girls going to gain from getting smashed every week? Only confidence woes no doubt. We should be inspiring and encouraging girls to play and this certainly will not help as women and girls can be very easily discouraged (I am a woman I know). Too bad if teams didn't want to be promoted, that should be the rules, if you're dominating or winning Div1 then move up. What's the point of playing in the same league over and over and continuing to dominate, also another question of what will they gain from this?

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

terryball wrote:

Knights didn't apply to go up WNPL, they believed you need to earn your place and with over 17 departures from the club rebuilding is the main focus of the female side of the club .
Don't shoot the messenger, but this was in the official memo:

"To address the vacant position, FFSA called for expressions of interest from clubs participating in the State Leagye. Four clubs responded, Adelaide Comets, Campbelltown City, Para Hills Knights and South Adelaide."

terryball
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by terryball »

Lucas Leiva wrote:
terryball wrote:

Don't shoot the messenger, but this was in the official memo:

"To address the vacant position, FFSA called for expressions of interest from clubs participating in the State Leagye. Four clubs responded, Adelaide Comets, Campbelltown City, Para Hills Knights and South Adelaide."
true that but Knights said no thanks.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

Yes, saying that a club responded doesn't tell you what the response was...

Pitchy
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Pitchy »

Croydon 11-0 Loss again.

Should have been 20-0 however the NTC coach told the girls to practice movement drills at half time. It was embarrassing to see the NTC girls go 1 on 1 with the keeper, not shoot but play it back to their keeper to practice forward play movement.

Croydon's FB;

"Women's State League round 3:
Another tough night at the office for the Croydon girls as they came up against the highly rated FFSA NTC girls at Polonia Reserve.
After a heavy defeat in round 1, the Croydon girls were determined to improve on the scoreboard, against opponents who are said to be of higher quality than our round 1 opposition.
And improve they did!!
The game still resulted in an 11-0 loss to Croydon, but many signs of improvement in game play and structure found the FFSA NTC girls having to work hard and be precise in their game play to create any sniff of a chance.
Two blocks of 5-6 minutes in the first half saw Croydon concede 6 goals, and similar small concentration lapses for short moments in the second half saw opposition goals come in clumps! All in all, Croydon's game remained solid for the majority.
Shoutout to the 8 reserves players who stepped up and contributed with significant impact.
A great effort by all, and there is no wonder why they left the field tonight with heads held high!! Great spirit, great girls, great team!"

I'm not sure what game they were watching but Croydon had the ball in their half 12 times.....for kick offs! They didn't improve they had even less structure than the last game. They were not solid and the reserves players didn't step up, they just looked like stunned rabbits in head lights!

The coach needs to get off his high horse and think of the girls, they did not walk off with high heads, they were shattered and defeated. Players are leaving in droves because of him. there are 18 players for 2 teams, i know 2 players have contacted their old club and asked to go back which will leave 16.....the federation really need to step in now.

MuddySocks
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by MuddySocks »

For starters - NTC girls SHOULD NOT be in the State league (neither should Croydon OBVIOUSLY) They are far too skilled. THEY should be in at least the reserve level league over the likes of Campbelltown/salisbury inter. The FFSA have stuffed up big time.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Pitchy wrote:Croydon 11-0 Loss again.

Should have been 20-0 however the NTC coach told the girls to practice movement drills at half time. It was embarrassing to see the NTC girls go 1 on 1 with the keeper, not shoot but play it back to their keeper to practice forward play movement.

Croydon's FB;

Another tough night at the office for the Croydon girls as they came up against the highly rated FFSA NTC girls at Polonia Reserve.
After a heavy defeat in round 1, the Croydon girls were determined to improve on the scoreboard, against opponents who are said to be of higher quality than our round 1 opposition.
And improve they did!!
The game still resulted in an 11-0 loss to Croydon, but many signs of improvement in game play and structure found the FFSA NTC girls having to work hard and be precise in their game play to create any sniff of a chance.
Two blocks of 5-6 minutes in the first half saw Croydon concede 6 goals, and similar small concentration lapses for short moments in the second half saw opposition goals come in clumps! All in all, Croydon's game remained solid for the majority.
Shoutout to the 8 reserves players who stepped up and contributed with significant impact.
A great effort by all, and there is no wonder why they left the field tonight with heads held high!! Great spirit, great girls, great team!"

I'm not sure what game they were watching but Croydon had the ball in their half 12 times.....for kick offs! They didn't improve they had even less structure than the last game. They were not solid and the reserves players didn't step up, they just looked like stunned rabbits in head lights!

The coach needs to get off his high horse and think of the girls, they did not walk off with high heads, they were shattered and defeated. Players are leaving in droves because of him. there are 18 players for 2 teams, i know 2 players have contacted their old club and asked to go back which will leave 16.....the federation really need to step in now.
What is your problem? Is kicking people when they're a bit down your way of getting thrills, or is it just some personal vendetta against the club?
The coach you speak of was the one bloke, with help from wife, that actually created the women's team, and without him, they wouldn't exist today.
He approached the board with the concept which was well received and he got the go-ahead to go for it.
He advertised that skill level wasn't too important to begin with and is more about developing a culture, which doesn't happen overnight.
Would you prefer he had poached, or at least approached all the best players from other clubs?
End of the day, men's teams such as Gawler had a horrific start when they entered the FFSA and got flogged 10-0 every week - did they quit? No! And in fact they are developing reasonably well and are now a decent and more than competitive unit. They were at least afforded time.
You don't have to like it, and yes, maybe they should be playing a lower division, but it is what it is, so suck it up and if you want to continue a smear campaign about it, fine, go ahead, its a free country, but I've gone head to head with better than the likes of yourself on this forum so bring it on and I will smash you down every time.
In other words, get a life miss Negative Nellie.
Ignore this signature

alwaysoffside
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by alwaysoffside »

Bomber wrote:
Pitchy wrote:Croydon 11-0 Loss again.

Croydon's FB;

And improve they did!!

What is your problem? Is kicking people when they're a bit down your way of getting thrills, or is it just some personal vendetta against the club?
The coach you speak of was the one bloke, with help from wife, that actually created the women's team, and without him, they wouldn't exist today.
He approached the board with the concept which was well received and he got the go-ahead to go for it.
He advertised that skill level wasn't too important to begin with and is more about developing a culture, which doesn't happen overnight.
Would you prefer he had poached, or at least approached all the best players from other clubs?
End of the day, men's teams such as Gawler had a horrific start when they entered the FFSA and got flogged 10-0 every week - did they quit? No! And in fact they are developing reasonably well and are now a decent and more than competitive unit. They were at least afforded time.
You don't have to like it, and yes, maybe they should be playing a lower division, but it is what it is, so suck it up and if you want to continue a smear campaign about it, fine, go ahead, its a free country, but I've gone head to head with better than the likes of yourself on this forum so bring it on and I will smash you down every time.
In other words, get a life miss Negative Nellie.
Go Bomber
Great response
Take Afl for example, one club can beat another club by 100 +
with both clubs having the same budget similar facilities and very qualified coaching staff.
That's sports for you.
If the rumours are true Croydon the club will be the envy of most other clubs in the not too distant
future.

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

Bomber wrote: Would you prefer he had poached, or at least approached all the best players from other clubs?
I had a player tell me that they were approached at the end of 2016.

But largely I agree with your points, but I also agree State League is not the appropriate launching pad.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Lucas Leiva wrote:
Bomber wrote: Would you prefer he had poached, or at least approached all the best players from other clubs?

But largely I agree with your points, but I also agree State League is not the appropriate launching pad.
Naturally there would have been a couple of approaches, but not to rape one club in particular. Remember Alex Chidiac started off a Croydon junior, and if we had a women's team earlier, you never know how things could have unfolded. But no point looking backwards, and over time I'd like to think things can only improve.
Ignore this signature

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

Bomber wrote:
Lucas Leiva wrote:

Naturally there would have been a couple of approaches, but not to rape one club in particular. Remember Alex Chidiac started off a Croydon junior, and if we had a women's team earlier, you never know how things could have unfolded. But no point looking backwards, and over time I'd like to think things can only improve.

Agree, and my hope is that a lot of established clubs like Croydon begin to invest in the women's side of the game as more junior girls come through, as it's the established sides with good facilities that can have a big, quick impact.

Captn birdseye
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Captn birdseye »

Bomber and Always offside, I think you are being fairly harsh in your criticism of another person highlighting the inadequacy’s of the FFSA and a club. Yes, Pitchy has focused on one club but is ultimately saying, to achieve improvement within women’s soccer in SA we need to improve the FFSA and how we allow clubs to run.

Bomber….to correct some of your facts:
According to the Croydon coach he was “begged by the board of Croydon” to start the women’s competition for three years and finally relented, not that he contacted the board. His wife actually didn’t want anything to do with it and wanted to, and still wants, to play for her old club.
You say culture doesn’t happen overnight but it needs a basis to start from. The coach started with lies and deception from the get go, he told players anything they wanted to hear just to get them through the door, the players now realise that and some have left (I believe they now have only 15 players for 2 squads). Skill level is not important but one of the key skills at being a good coach is knowing your players ability’s and pushing them at the correct pace to achieve their goals, not throwing them in deep water and hoping they can swim!
He did attempt to poach the best players from clubs, he used match sheets to find the best players and contacted them from there. His old club were very accommodating to him and released more players then the FFSA rules allow (5) to Croydon to help them start up as well as sharing the Croydon FB page. I know he was still contacting the clubs players up until a few weeks ago trying to poach them, which is poor Sportsmanship when you have promised you wouldn’t do it. I was one of the players he contacted to play, so most of the points I’ve made here are points he has personally told me and I’ve verified with others he contacted.
You can have time to improve, that’s not what I believe Pitchy was saying, he was saying, take the time in a lower div that is suited to your ability.
I don’t believe Pitchy was creating a smear campaign, just because you are friends with the said person and club, you’re being defensive not objective. Other people have criticised other clubs worse than this and you have not been this vocal. Everyone on this forum wants women’s football to be competitive, fun and to ultimately grow the sport for the better, I think sometimes we need to watch the words we use at others ie “bring it on and I will smash you down” (and no, I don’t know Pitchy).

Alwaysoffside
The difference between the AFL and what Pitchy is highlighting is that in the AFL the players are of equal skill and development. The example that has been highlighted is the equivalent of a Div 7 Amateur football league team being thrown into the SANFL and expecting to be competitive!
I wouldn’t believe all the rumours you hear about the Women’s team, most have them have been made up.

Unfortunately I believe the FFSA have really let the girls in this club down and should be held accountable at the end of the day. Stevie Wonder could see the Croydon coach’s ego was affecting his ability to lead his team(s), the federation should not have allowed him to field two teams with the numbers he had or in the division he did with the listed players. I know friends of some of the Croydon players and have been told they are pretty much broken and have no passion to play for the rest of the season, which is the opposite of what the FFSA say they are fostering! One of the girls said “even if we get a new coach, we are still a div 5 team in State league!”. They additionally need to address how 15 (pretty deflated players already) are going to be able to play 2 games a week for the rest of the season????

Croydon is a strong club and I hope the behaviour of one doesn’t ruin the reputation for a whole. I’m really hoping the club can band together and help heal some of these girls and make them find the love that they used to have for soccer, because at the end of the day, it really is a beautiful game!
multiple accounts - wrote: Pitchy [ 3 Posts ] Search
flaggy [ 1 Post ] Search
Rascal21 [ 1 Post ]

redwin
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by redwin »

I heard the coach has already stepped aside.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Seriously, some of you people really need to get a life.

Don't tell me about "facts" when I am on the board of the club.

Believe what you want to believe - the club has been around since 1950 and some pithy remarks trying to undermine it by a few nobodies wont change anything.
Ignore this signature

Neyma
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Neyma »

What are the NTC girls doing in the state league??? full-time program against basically new players to the game??? no development for anyone there

JBJBJB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by JBJBJB »

Bomber wrote:Seriously, some of you people really need to get a life.

Don't tell me about "facts" when I am on the board of the club.

Believe what you want to believe - the club has been around since 1950 and some pithy remarks trying to undermine it by a few nobodies wont change anything.
Bomber you just keep progressing, hats off for trying to expand football. Good luck with it all, see ya around at a game or two :)
You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Fuller

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Neyma wrote:What are the NTC girls doing in the state league??? full-time program against basically new players to the game??? no development for anyone there
The FFSA are preparing the NTC for a smooth transition into the WNPL under the current relegation guidelines.
Unfair for the other state league clubs who were prepared to challenge entry into the WNPL.
It's easy for the FFSA to get the NTC into the WNPL without to many complaints.

Hydration Officer
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Hydration Officer »

do they meet the criteria that other clubs have been working so hard at trying to meet all the requirements ?