Round 2 tips

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Round 2 tips

Post by billy the kid »

Ok Round 2 tips. I’m getting in early. I’m excited…

Metro v Westies (1-3) No doubt this will be a fiery encounter. Match of the round no less.

Adelaide Uni v City (2-2) Cote may be nursing an injury after Westies did a number on her. However, a draw seems fair. Tis is my number 2 match of the round. City as with Fulham had their postponed. Many unknowns here with the loss of players and a new coach will present its own challenges one being how does a settled Uni play against a revamped City team.

Salisbury v Cumby (6-0) This may get ugly. I think the fast paced Salisbury game will dissect Cumby. That’s unless Cumby negates the No 2 midfielder for Salisbury. Cumby have had moments of quality however, when they get into their last third of the pitch they seem to become confused and lack the confidence to go for it. Salisbury has heaps of confidence and the inclusion of many players from Para Hills (sad that they were relegated) will mean they will have a 2-0 start to the season and goal difference to be a factor come finals.

Fulham v Campbelltown (2-3) I haven’t seen Fulham yet however, I think Campbelltown look to have hit the grounds with a settled formation and MJ up front will run riot. That is…if she gets good delivery of the ball and doesn’t have to go deep down back to collect and carry.

On another note: How good is it to see the quality of coaches the women’s’ premier league has been able to secure.

1) Tracey at Uni
2) Marie at Metro
3) Kev and Chris at Uni ( the combo of the year I say)
4) Santrac at Salisbury
5) Maxwell at Cumby
6) Max at Fulham
7) Pezzos at City
8) Sortini and Campbelltown
All excellent coaches

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Round 2 tips

Post by sportsbird »

METRO 1vs WAFC 1 - DRAW
ACWFC 3 vs AUWFC 0
SIWFC 1 vs CUWFC 3
FUWFC 4 vs CUWFC 0

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

sportsbird wrote:METRO 1vs WAFC 1 - DRAW
ACWFC 3 vs AUSC 0
SISC 1 vs CUWFC 3
FUFC 4 vs CCSC 0
Get it right at least, not every club is separate from the men's side, most play under the same banner. And some clubs go for SC not FC too.
Last edited by themagnet on Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ronnie Chiggs
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Ronnie Chiggs »

Wash your mouth out. They should all be FC.
No-one is innocent

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

Ronnie Biggs wrote:Wash your mouth out. They should all be FC.
Great...if so, can you tell me the difference between AUFC, AUFC and AUFC?

Princess Fiona
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Princess Fiona »

Metro 2 v WA 1
Metro couldn't play that bad two weeks in a row surely, Metro should lift and love the physical game that WA play.
Team list has a couple of players out though for Metro

City 4 v Uni 1
Uni terrible last week, Uni defence can't see being fixed in 4 days. City team list looks excellent. :wink:

Inter 2 v Cumby 1
Can't see where Cumby are going to score goals from watching part of last Friday game.
Inter didn't have any trouble scoring.

Fulham 6 v Campbelltown 1
If Inter can score 5 fulham should be able to match and do better. MJ to get a consolation goal assuming she plays

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

Princess Fiona, I think you have it spot on for the most part- I think Metro and Salisbury may find a few more goals- I also think that if MJ plays Fulham, with all of their experience, probably know how to deal with her up front. Not sure if it will be 6-1, but that's probably not too far off.

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rightside »

who saw the games last night?

Uni 5-4 over City must have been a thrilling game! and DiBortolo with all 4 goals

Westies 5-1 over Metro, surely the team to beat this year.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

I agree Rightside. Thrilling round with a goal fest and 2 more games to come tomorrow night...and more goals. Didn't see the games but the score sheets were interesting reading

Early season form can be deceiving however, you CANNOT discount the results from Westies. THEY ARE A FORMIDABLE FORCE and have NO WEAKNESSES.

I'm worried about Metro though. Time has caught up with them and for all their experience, the faster paced sides will cause them grief. Salisbury will be open of them.

Looking at tomorrow night's games, there could be more goals on offer.

Keep up the good work teams and coaches.

Leppskiii
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Leppskiii »

No weaknesses? :lol:
"Just ask yourself, have you hugged your goalkeeper today?"

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

Rightside wrote:who saw the games last night?

Uni 5-4 over City must have been a thrilling game! and DiBortolo with all 4 goals

wouldn't be too many times where a player has scored 4 goals in one game and be in a losing side ?
and City were 4-3 up half time ??

Galey
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Galey »

The General wrote:

wouldn't be too many times where a player has scored 4 goals in one game and be in a losing side ?
4-2 at half time...I reckon Uni scored 3 goals in the last 8 minutes

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Sensational effort from the little Di Bartolo.....Good to see that all is forgiven and the Di Bartolo's are back at the club.

Looking at the results I hope that the season won't be riddled with HUGE blowouts like what we've seen the last 2 weeks. Not a good look for the Prems comp.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Post by United We Stand »

[quote="billy the kid"]Sensational effort from the little Di Bartolo.....Good to see that all is forgiven and the Di Bartolo's are back at the club.

Looking at the results I hope that the season won't be riddled with HUGE blowouts like what we've seen the last 2 weeks. Not a good look for the Prems comp.[/quote

Absolutely! The Di Bartolos have been an integral part of the club in different capacities for many years. They certainly have done far more good than bad and been loyal club people. Just a pity that last year's indiscretions have cost the club Scalzi, Ladas, Kljajic,Willacy and Bassett. Certainly, retaining Danni Di Bartolo has been important given these losses. I hope that they have been able to plug those significant losses and produce the good football that City is renowned for. I am surprised that Uni beat City last night.

dirtyd22no
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by dirtyd22no »

The General wrote:

I saw a kid score 5 once in a 5-7 loss. It was U6s though... :D