2017 WNPL PLAYERS TO WATCH

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

2017 WNPL PLAYERS TO WATCH

Post by sportsbird »

West Adelaide
Nicole Tilley
Dragana Kljajic
Georgia Nicolas

Adelaide Uni
Chantelle Ryder
Laura Johns
Maria Rojas

Cumberland United
Isobel Lukins
Eloise Steer
Hannah Custance

Metro United
Chrissy Panagaris
Donna Cockayne
Kristy Moore

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: 2017 WNPL PLAYERS TO WATCH

Post by juniorsupporter »

Sportsbird, what exactly are we watching these players for? Could you elaborate on what criteria were used to compile your list? And what about the other 4 sides in the comp?

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

I thought I would start the ball rolling in terms of players to watch this year.
They were taken from the newsletter last night at the shores.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Post by United We Stand »

It was good to welcome back the WNPL. The first round of every new season is one where the teams are still "building," but I enjoyed both games. West Adelaide look to have signed some good players (From W-League and NTC) and got off to a flyer. They will certainly be challenging for honours. Metro have a very solid and settled squad and have the return (From injury) of my favourite defender (Isabella Scalzi) to look forward to. They will be the favourites to retain their title. It was a good effort by Cumberland to restrict Metro to a single goal and I hope they are in for an improved season. I look forward to seeing Adelaide City (Under a new coach) and Fulham, two of the better sides from last season.

P.S It was good to see Willacy, Kljajic and Adamopoulos playing in our local league again after being part of the Adelaide United W-League squad.
Last edited by United We Stand on Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

sportsbird wrote:West Adelaide
Nicole Tilley
Dragana Kljajic
Georgia Nicolas

Adelaide Uni
Chantelle Ryder
Laura Johns
Maria Rojas

Cumberland United
Isobel Lukins
Eloise Steer
Hannah Custance

Metro United
Chrissy Panagaris
Donna Cockayne
Kristy Moore

Hey Sportsbird, are any of these players (Listed in West Adelaide's Match Program not Newsletter (sic!) as you put it, in your "Should not have been selected" category? Lol.

P.S You never did reply to my post about a United player in the "Chidiac to Heidelberg" thread. You pleaded your innocence and SQUIRMED out of answering a direct question about a certain United girl by raving on about a United girl who had a virus. Caught out Sportsbird!

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Hey United We Stand,
It was great to see the WNPL take off on Friday. I think we should be focusing on the WNPL as the W League has finished.
No point in bringing up the past until the next season.

Junior supporter, I will start it for the other 4 clubs.

Salis Inter
Jasmine Hurst
Jordan O'Neill

Adelaide City
Alicia Nikolas
Daniela Di Bartolo
Georgia Campagnale

Fulham
Stella Rigon
Victoria Balomenos
Georgia Macri

Campbelltown
Kelsey Zafaridis
Grace Inman

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

sportsbird wrote:Hey United We Stand,
It was great to see the WNPL take off on Friday. I think we should be focusing on the WNPL as the W League has finished.
No point in bringing up the past until the next season.

Junior supporter, I will start it for the other 4 clubs.

Salis Inter
Jasmine Hurst
Jordan O'Neill

Adelaide City
Alicia Nikolas
Daniela Di Bartolo
Georgia Campagnale

Fulham
Stella Rigon
Victoria Balomenos
Georgia Macri

Campbelltown
Kelsey Zafaridis
Grace Inman

Sportsbird, I just wanted you acknowledge that you were not only premature with your judgement of the local girls in United's W-League squad, but so unfair/wrong as well. You squirmed out of that despite your denials. You never did answer my question about a girl who you rudely insulted and was so wrong about. Oh well, I hope that you have learnt something out of all this.

P.S How did you arrive at this list of players? I am not disputing your list, just asking how you compiled it.

P.P.S I agree with the Fulham and Adelaide City lists. You can add MJ to the Campbelltown list. I don't know the girls in the Salisbury Inter but I know enough people to find out more about them and,of course, actually watch them.