Chidiac to Heidelberg United

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

adam
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Chidiac to Heidelberg United

Post by adam »

Heidelberg United have officially announced the signing of Australian international Alex Chidiac, who signs on from Adelaide United after their recently concluded W-League campaign.

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Chidiac to Heidelberg United

Post by themagnet »

Would've loved to see her playing here in the WNPL, it's always a disappointment to lose top quality players :cry: :cry:

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

My spies say there are a few more heading east.

I also hear that most of the top 4-5 teams of 2016 will be fielding many new players with a few leaving the nest to head to a new club. For mine, the top 4 of 2016 may not be the pacesetters of 2017.

Interesting year ahead.

BRING IT ON I SAY

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

via Facebook...

Heidelberg United FC
11 mins ·
|| SENIOR WOMEN ||
Please to announce the commitment of Adelaide United Lady Red - Ally Ladas

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

Bubs snapping them up one by one.

I think you'll find a couple more SA names on the Heidelberg roster before season start.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

Bubs has also signed Courtnee Vine from Brisbane to play at Heidelberg. Young Matildas attacker. Seems to be the flavour of the moment.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

It looks like a West Adelaide/Adelaide United player and an Adelaide United player who had signed with Adelaide City will also be heading to Heidelberg.
It's a shame we are still losing players to interstate clubs.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Post by United We Stand »

sportsbird wrote:It looks like a West Adelaide/Adelaide United player and an Adelaide United player who had signed with Adelaide City will also be heading to Heidelberg.
It's a shame we are still losing players to interstate clubs.

Aren't they players who you think "Should not have been selected" for the United W-League squad Sportsbird? Obviously Skenderovic and Barbieri rate these players and can see that they have potential/ability. It really shows you up in terms of assessing their ability.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

United we stand,
Again, your challenging my comments based on non facts but assumptions.
These two players were not placed in the "should not have been selected" category.
But you are right about one thing, "Skenderovic and Barbieri rate these players and can see that they have potential/ability", one is currently a young Matilda player.
So again, to re-iterate, these two players were not on that list.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

sportsbird wrote:United we stand,
Again, your challenging my comments based on non facts but assumptions.
These two players were not placed in the "should not have been selected" category.
But you are right about one thing, "Skenderovic and Barbieri rate these players and can see that they have potential/ability", one is currently a young Matilda player.
So again, to re-iterate, these two players were not on that list.

Yes, I will challenge you when you are unfair/negative and when you try to squirm out from the comments you originally made about the local girls. The "West Adelaide/Adelaide United girl IS a girl that you said that should not have been selected. You made the assumption that she was injured BEFORE she was selected. However, she found out about her injury AFTER she was selected from the trials. There is another girl that you said was "Incapable of playing at this level" (W-League) who was signed by Heidelberg at the same time as Chidiac. It seems that she is rated highly by Skenderovic and Barbieri (Her second signing!) What about her Sportsbird?
Last edited by United We Stand on Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Yes, I will challenge you when you are unfair/negative and when you try to squirm out from the comments you originally made about the local girls. The "West Adelaide/Adelaide United girl IS a girl that you said that should not have been selected. You made the assumption that she was injured BEFORE she was selected. However, she found out about her injury AFTER she was selected from the trials. There is another girl that you said was "Incapable of playing at this level" (W-League) who was signed at the same time as Chidiac. It seems that she is rated highly by Skenderovic and Barbieri (Her second signing!) What about her Sportsbird?
I will concede that I made an error in one player you mentioned from West Adelaide. Yes I did make that comment. However, I made that comment due to an injury she sustained prior to being selected for the lady reds. This was a known fact and everyone knew it around the soccer circles.
I think you are trying to win this argument without substance. I suggest you go and investigate it further and you will be surprised to find out the truth.

With regards to the second player, I can categorically say that I did not say she should not be selected, I actually made it quite clear she should be in the side once she got over her virus. Unsure where you are going with this one.

Finally, I am happy for you to challenge me on any comments I make, that is what this forum is all about. But to say that I am squirming out of my original comments is untrue and unfounded.
You need to understand that this forum is about people making opinions whether they are negative or positive. I have not been abusive nor have I been personal other than to make my opinions on individual players or organisations and to advise the forum of any news whether they are rumours or facts.

I suppose (and this is my assumption) that you don't listen to the sports radio, news or the sports section of the newspaper because there are negative and unfair comments made on a daily or weekly basis about athletes and clubs etc.

the barbarian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the barbarian »

from much info on this topic it seems many AU squad players are going to heidelberg ,firstly Paid or unpaid to play?? secondly obviously heidelberg will have a large number of W league players in there squad? obviously there is no rule in their wnpl competition that clubs have a limit of W league players in their squads ? does anyone know if their rules are different to the ffsa rules?

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

With regards to the second player, I can categorically say that I did not say she should not be selected, I actually made it quite clear she should be in the side once she got over her virus. Unsure where you are going with this one.

You are squirming and being deceitful again. The second player that I am referring to IS NOT the player that you have mentioned here. I actually quoted you with, "Incapable of playing at this level." (W-League). You know that you never wrote that about the girl with the virus. If you refer back to that bitter original post of yours, you would know that I am referring to the United girl that Barbieri signed soon after Chidiac. That is, Heidelberg's second signing (A.L). I AM dealing with the facts. This is clear especially when I actually QUOTE your comments. I am not the one with an agenda. I just don't accept comments which are clearly inaccurate,unfair and overly negative. I applaud United's change in direction in selecting as many local girls as possible. These local girls have done well this year despite the vitriol coming from you!

P.S Unfair and negative comments in the media DO NOT excuse your comments.
Last edited by United We Stand on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

We should all take a leaf out of the good news factory (AFL-W) and see what F'en spin and media overload we're getting for a f'en 7 week comp...Grand final at the G...Rising Star...Move games to bigger venues...A f'en 7 week comp. Yet we slander the W-League. Whilst we squabble here the AFL is doing everything it can $$$$$$$$$$$$ to make sure the w league works and wants for nothing. Our W-league got very little if any coverage.

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

billy the kid wrote:We should all take a leaf out of the good news factory (AFL-W) and see what F'en spin and media overload we're getting for a f'en 7 week comp...Grand final at the G...Rising Star...Move games to bigger venues...A f'en 7 week comp. Yet we slander the W-League. Whilst we squabble here the AFL is doing everything it can $$$$$$$$$$$$ to make sure the w league works and wants for nothing. Our W-league got very little if any coverage.
That's what can happen when those at the top of the chain actually throw some support and $$$$$ behind it. W-League and women's football can only dream of that kind of backing from the clowns at FFA :evil:

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

the barbarian wrote:from much info on this topic it seems many AU squad players are going to heidelberg ,firstly Paid or unpaid to play?? secondly obviously heidelberg will have a large number of W league players in there squad? obviously there is no rule in their wnpl competition that clubs have a limit of W league players in their squads ? does anyone know if their rules are different to the ffsa rules?

Barbarian. Is it true that West Adelaide are losing their United W-League player to Heidelberg? This is what Sportsbird has claimed. It is just that I have heard different names that have been rumoured to go to Heidelberg and not L.A.
Last edited by United We Stand on Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Panther
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Black Panther »

If Sportsbird has said it it must be true.
El Paso del Norte wrote:I have the opposite problem, mine is so small you can't see it!

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

I think you will find City have lost and gained a few players as have West Adelaide. I don't think it is a secret Sarah W is with KM

the barbarian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the barbarian »

from rumours and club talk a few w league players from various clubs apparently are going to play at heidelberg in 2017, which is disappointing as will weaken the strength of our wnpl, but hey that's how it is.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

[quote="the barbarian"]from rumours and club talk a few w league players from various clubs apparently are going to play at heidelberg in 2017, which is disappointing as will weaken the strength of our wnpl, but hey that's how it is.[/quote

Yes, we all agree with those sentiments, but does that list of players include L.A? Only Chidiac and Ladas have been confirmed so far. Cortnee Vine from the Brisbane Roar is the other player that has been confirmed according to the HUFC Facebook page.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Over to you Sportsbird.

United We Stand wrote:
the barbarian wrote:from rumours and club talk a few w league players from various clubs apparently are going to play at heidelberg in 2017, which is disappointing as will weaken the strength of our wnpl, but hey that's how it is.[/quote

Yes, we all agree with those sentiments, but does that list of players include L.A? Only Chidiac and Ladas have been confirmed so far. Cortnee Vine from the Brisbane Roar is the other player that has been confirmed according to the HUFC Facebook page.

adam
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by adam »

Makes you wonder what Heidelberg are doing:
South Melbourne: We can announce that we have signed Michelle Verzi and Julia Nicolaci for the 2017 NPLW Victoria season from rivals Heidelberg United FC.
Both came to the club having been Captain and Vice Captain at the Bergers in 2016 and will provide us a great amount of experience and leadership.

the barbarian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the barbarian »

have clubs wnpl squads been released yet are they on the my football website? that information will provide some answers.

the barbarian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the barbarian »

heidelberg an interesting situation, Capt and vice leave, wonder why? and interstate recruits come in, capt and vice obviously have some inside knowledge, where as interstate recruits do not know any better?

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Black Panther wrote:If Sportsbird has said it it must be true.

Not necessarily the case if you are serious about that comment and not being sarcastic. Although she has someone leaking information to her, she has been wrong about a number of things and contradicted herself a few times. She has been very negative about the local United girls and bagged them unfairly because her mates missed out on being selected/has her own ideas of who should have been selected. All this in a season where the girls provided great entertainment and came good once they arrived at a more settled lineup and had time to gel. The young local girls have grown with the experience of being part of the squad and learning from such great players such as Monica,Huerta,Colaprico and Naughton. She has even said that Huss Skenderovic is going to cut the majority of the squad. She has been deceitful and deliberately avoided responding to some of the criticisms that I have made of her.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

adam wrote:Makes you wonder what Heidelberg are doing:
South Melbourne: We can announce that we have signed Michelle Verzi and Julia Nicolaci for the 2017 NPLW Victoria season from rivals Heidelberg United FC.
Both came to the club having been Captain and Vice Captain at the Bergers in 2016 and will provide us a great amount of experience and leadership.

My friends in Melbourne have told me that there is absolutely nothing sinister going on despite the fact it is unusual for both the captain and vice-captain to move on. Both girls have been long serving players at Heidelberg and played in three Grand Finals for them. However, they were offered the opportunity to work with a highly-respected coach ( That they have worked with in the past) at South Melbourne and decided that they wanted the fresh challenge. They left on good terms with the club. These girls were both midfielders. One was a defensive midfielder and the other an attacking midfielder. Melissa Barbieri,Heidelberg's newly appointed coach, has signed Ally Ladas and Alex Chidiac to replace them in these roles. Apparently it is as simple as that.

Stop Press: Heidelberg have now confirmed the "commitment" of Grace Abbey on their Facebook page. I wonder if there will be any more from Adelaide United. That is now four girls (Including Cortnee Vine of Brisbane Roar) who played in the W-League in the season that has just ended.

the barbarian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the barbarian »

as mentioned previously, obviously no WNPL restriction of w league players in the Victorian WNPL? does anyone know the rules re the number of W league players that can play for any on wnpl club in the Vic League?

SwandelPark
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SwandelPark »

The Bergers new signings didn't add too much to the team, losing 7-1 v Calder in the Community Cup at the weekend. Feat; 3 South Australians including ex West Adelaide striker Renae Pantelis.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

SwandelPark wrote:The Bergers new signings didn't add too much to the team, losing 7-1 v Calder in the Community Cup at the weekend. Feat; 3 South Australians including ex West Adelaide striker Renae "JD's Spiritual Father".

It pays to get the facts before you post SwandelPark. Apparently there was no Chidiac or Vine. Some of the girls had only just arrived in Melbourne.Abbey and Ladas only played half a game. Interesting to note that two other Adelaide girls ( The ex-West Adelaide player, Pantelis and the ex-Adelaide City goalkeeper, Matilda Comley) featured for part of the game. They have not been mentioned by anyone,"In the know" on this forum. So, in fact, there were four Adelaide girls featuring for only parts of the game. It all sounds like this newly assembled team under a new coach having a much-needed pre-season practice match. This judgement by SwandelPark is premature to say the least. It is much like Sportsbird's early assessment of the local Adelaide United players. Look how that turned out. It is better to assess the contribution of these girls over a season. It is a pity that we are losing these girls from our local WNPL competition. I would have loved to have seen United's Chidiac, Abbey and Ladas stay in Adelaide, even though there may be legitimate reasons for them to move to Victoria. I would love to have seen Emma Checker play in our WNPL, but she,too, will be playing in the Victorian WNPL. In Comley's case, I would understand her wanting to be coached by a legendary Matildas goalkeeper as part of her development. Oh well, I am sure that new "stars" will emerge from our local competition, especially with decent coaches like Pezos and Santrac at the helm.

P.S Information courtesy of two friends who watched the game and one who checked HUSC's website. The reference to JD's Spiritual Father is a technical fault ( It wouldn't allow me to edit it!) and not what I typed. I typed the full name of the girl with the initials, R.P. That is, Renae Pantelis

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

I reckon any discussion about stuff other than the achievements about Alex should be on another topic string.

Lets just worry about SA football...the dedicated players we have here and the great season that lays ahead for the WNPL. After 2016 lets hope we have a cracker of a season.