WNPL Grand Finals

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

WNPL Grand Finals

Post by united92 »

WNPL Grand Final
Metro United vs Adelaide City

WNPL Reserves Grand Final
Metro United vs Para Hills Knights

Thoughts?

Urusei Yatsura
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: WNPL Grand Finals

Post by Urusei Yatsura »

When and where will they be played.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

I think it's this Friday. Reserves at 6 pm and Prems at 8.15 pm

Metro look set to win the double. A week's rest for the Prems will see off a city side that had to battle through 90 minutes plus 30 minutes of extra time and the penalties.

An early goal to Metro will see city's coach (and the bench) go ballistic. A second my Metro in the second half will see Metro scamp away to a 3-
Last edited by billy the kid on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Post by United We Stand »

billy the kid wrote:I think it's this Friday. Reserves at 6 pm and Prems at 8.15 pm

Metro look set to win the double. A week's rest for the Prems will see off a city side that had to battle through 90 minutes plus 30 minutes of extra time and the penalties.

An early goal to Metro will see city's coach (and the bench) go ballistic. A second my Metro in the second half will see Metro scamp away to a 3-0 win.

Metro doesn't have the fanfare and self-promotion machine of city but its a blueprint (in my humble opinion) of how the women of MUWFC have taken their own destiny into their own hands and have become strong on and off the field. And for the cynics, I am not involved with Metro. I'm someone whom admires their hard work ethic and strong club ethos.

Interesting perspective that you have about Adelaide City. What do you base the "fanfare and self-promotion machine of city (Sic!) on? Where is that coming from? Can you give an example of what you are talking about? You also seem to have issues with the City coach who,admittedly, is "animated." Nothing wrong with that. It takes all types. However, the last laugh is on you as he has won several championships and won Coach of the Year several times.For someone who says that they are not involved with Metro, you sure sound like a fanatical Metro fan and clearly display a biased approach. What you say about Metro's club ethos doesn't correspond with what other clubs and their followers think about your beloved club's ethos. I can assure you that the common belief is very different from yours in that respect!!

P.S Billy you are surely "kidding" about the 3-0 scoreline prediction aren't you? Look at the results between the two sides over this season. Usually there is only a one goal margin either way.

The Bluehearts
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Bluehearts »

billy the kid wrote:I think it's this Friday. Reserves at 6 pm and Prems at 8.15 pm
That's when, but where?
Linda Linda

Dandylion
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Dandylion »

How is it that Parra Hills prem team gets relegated and your reserves finish within top two? What is the point of that? You telling me half those reserves aren't better than those prems? Definitely something going on there.
Last edited by Dandylion on Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

3-1 to Metro

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scipio africanus »

billy the kid wrote:3-1 to Metro
BTK, for what is worth, you have been around on the forum since 2002 and never came across as a Metro supporter.

Not that I have any issue with that, but ironic you being attacked for expressing an opinion from someone who proclaims to be a 'neutral supporter' but only ever talks about City and how great they are and is the first to jump in to their defence. You can't even make a score prediction without raising his/her ire!

'Neutral' indeed :roll:

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Cheers Scipio.

Hence why edited my Reponses. I elected to be humble and just revisit my predictions.

I have been around for a long time and seen many clubs up close and personal. Seen the old National League teams, state, etc. and I believe I speak from a position of knowledge (albeit probably a tad dated).

The Finals series has been brilliant. The Cup comp and final was also a great spectacle and display of the beautiful game. Towards the last 2 months of the season, I saw the emergence of Para Hills and Sturt as future threats to the league. No matter the scoreline both of those teams continued to play solid and skilful games. I enjoyed it. I wished that the Prems would remain as it is for season 2017. So much to build upon.

Westies need to focus on the game and play to their undoubted skilful best. Saw it in many games however, when the switch flicked, out came the crude tackles and hacking play that I can only explain as a result of tired and unfitness. Uni have played some excellent games and the skill of the little master up front is a joy to watch. How can our game not benefit with someone like her in our comp. Fulham have won the Cup this years and finished the year in 3rd. Looking back over the recent history, this mob almost ceased to exist. A blue collar team that has showed what persistence and good recruiting will achieve. Cumby should just continue to build on its solid base and maybe recruit some players from Div. 1.

Season 2017 will build upon this. The scheduling of games on Friday nights at the shores or elite is a master stroke.

City will NOT match it with the total team football and experience of Metro. They are street smart and have the tenacity. City will no doubt give it a go. Good luck to both but Metro for mine.

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scipio africanus »

billy the kid wrote:Cheers Scipio.

Hence why edited my Reponses. I elected to be humble and just revisit my predictions.

I have been around for a long time and seen many clubs up close and personal. Seen the old National League teams, state, etc. and I believe I speak from a position of knowledge (albeit probably a tad dated).

The Finals series has been brilliant. The Cup comp and final was also a great spectacle and display of the beautiful game. Towards the last 2 months of the season, I saw the emergence of Para Hills and Sturt as future threats to the league. No matter the scoreline both of those teams continued to play solid and skilful games. I enjoyed it. I wished that the Prems would remain as it is for season 2017. So much to build upon.

Westies need to focus on the game and play to their undoubted skilful best. Saw it in many games however, when the switch flicked, out came the crude tackles and hacking play that I can only explain as a result of tired and unfitness. Uni have played some excellent games and the skill of the little master up front is a joy to watch. How can our game not benefit with someone like her in our comp. Fulham have won the Cup this years and finished the year in 3rd. Looking back over the recent history, this mob almost ceased to exist. A blue collar team that has showed what persistence and good recruiting will achieve. Cumby should just continue to build on its solid base and maybe recruit some players from Div. 1.

Season 2017 will build upon this. The scheduling of games on Friday nights at the shores or elite is a master stroke.

City will NOT match it with the total team football and experience of Metro. They are street smart and have the tenacity. City will no doubt give it a go. Good luck to both but Metro for mine.
Another good post BTK.

Balanced as well.

In pre-season, everyone talked up City and West Adelaide and quite a few (including myself) wrote Metro off given the amount of key players they lost from last years double winning side, but to their credit, they have come out and both their Prems and Reserves have won the minor premiership and both sides are now in their respective grand final.

Fulham have been a revelation this year under Max. A job very well done.

Uni looked very threatening for a while there, but lost momentum as the overseas players gradually departed.

Big disappointment for me was West Adelaide given the high calibre of coaching they have available and a very strong player list. I'm sure even they will admit to be very disappointed in not being able to make a top 4 final series with only 8 teams in the comp.

Given Cumberland's performances last season, the new coaching regime was able to pull a number of big upset victories for the year with essentially the same team from what I can see, so credit for them and like you said, with a bit more recruiting can consolidate even more next year.

It's been a good year for women's football. Lets hope many of our local players make it into the lady reds to finish off the year nicely.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Cheers again Scipio.

All I have ever wanted is for this game to be at the level it deserves to be at. Cubs must (and have shown to) strive to be the best they can be. No longer are coaches just taking up a Prems role only to run away in a short time never to return OR because they cannot get a gig with the boys OR they have a daughter playing. Dare I say it, we have career coaches: Eduardo, Max, Tracey, Kev Mc, and others (my apologies for not knowing your names) who have been around for a while AND have made HUGE inroads. Hats of to Kev for making his way back into the women's game. It would be a shame for him not to coach again. Time away from the game has helped and after a slow start, got his team up and running when it became clear they could make it into the top 4.

The top 4 is the best thing ever, it breathed new life into the competition. No longer do teams lament the year that was because one of the BIG teams have sewn up the league title. The final 2 or so rounds of the season were hotly contested with teams in 3-5 fighting to stay in the 4 or trying to break in. How good was that!!!

2017 promises to be even bigger and better And yes, there are many Prems players that can and should make it into the Lady Reds. And with proper pay and conditions too.

Princess Fiona
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Princess Fiona »

United We Stand wrote:

An early goal to Metro will see city's coach (and the bench) go ballistic. A second my Metro in the second half will see Metro scamp away to a 3-0 win.

Metro doesn't have the fanfare and self-promotion machine of city but its a blueprint (in my humble opinion) of how the women of MUWFC have taken their own destiny into their own hands and have become strong on and off the field. And for the cynics, I am not involved with Metro. I'm someone whom admires their hard work ethic and strong club ethos.

Interesting perspective that you have about Adelaide City. What do you base the "fanfare and self-promotion machine of city (Sic!) on? Where is that coming from? Can you give an example of what you are talking about? You also seem to have issues with the City coach who,admittedly, is "animated." Nothing wrong with that. It takes all types. However, the last laugh is on you as he has won several championships and won Coach of the Year several times.For someone who says that they are not involved with Metro, you sure sound like a fanatical Metro fan and clearly display a biased approach. What you say about Metro's club ethos doesn't correspond with what other clubs and their followers think about your beloved club's ethos. I can assure you that the common belief is very different from yours in that respect!!

P.S Billy you are surely "kidding" about the 3-0 scoreline prediction aren't you? Look at the results between the two sides over this season. Usually there is only a one goal margin either way.
Can't speak for btk but I can easily presume United We Stand constant praise and defending of City on forum is a good example of "fanfare and self promotion".
Oh and no doubt the UWS I'm a 'neutral' will be the next post....

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by united92 »

United We Stand wrote:

UWS, for a so-called "neutral", all I've ever seen you do is talk up Adelaide City and jump to their defence whenever anyone says anything negative about them. Not the most "neutral" person I've ever seen.

As for the 3-0 scoreline, it wouldn't surprise me if that did happen. Metro not making the Cup Final may have been a blessing in disguise. Week off for Cup Final week, week off after beating City 2 weeks ago in the Qualifying Final... They'll be fresh and have had the time to get players with niggling injuries right.
City on the other hand haven't had a break and are clearly carrying a few injuries. It was quite obvious that both City and Fulham were running out of legs last week, and the game going the full 120 minutes and penalties would have been music to Metro's ears.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Great comments and from where I sit/stand, city have played their final against Fulham and were lucky to have won.

The metro coach walked by and had a wry smile because she knew that whichever team they played they would have the upper hand because of the rest periods in between games. Fulham looked spent after the Cup final and game vs Uni The game city had against Metro failed to rise to any height. No one wanted to score and the end result was a win to Metro. I don't see them playing the same way whilst city WILL be worse form wear. No lucky goals or penalties to save them.

My scoreline is flattering and may be even worse.

The unaligned and unbiased BtK.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

scipio africanus wrote:
billy the kid wrote:3-1 to Metro
BTK, for what is worth, you have been around on the forum since 2002 and never came across as a Metro supporter.

Not that I have any issue with that, but ironic you being attacked for expressing an opinion from someone who proclaims to be a 'neutral supporter' but only ever talks about City and how great they are and is the first to jump in to their defence. You can't even make a score prediction without raising his/her ire!

'Neutral' indeed :roll:

Scipio you need to carefully read my comments before you raise doubts about my neutrality. I have always said that I have friends at Sturt and Adelaide City. I have also said that I really like the way that City play football. At their best they are a delight to watch. I have always been upfront about that. When I post on here, I sometimes refute something which, in my opinion is clearly wrong. I can do this because I am not involved or one-eyed about any of the women's clubs.

I do not only praise City. This year, I have also enjoyed the football that Fulham have served up. I praised them as well. They were brilliant in the Cup Final and thoroughly deserved to beat City. I praised Sturt when they beat City in a league game. In fact, I actually think that ALL the clubs with the exception of Metro, have improved playing on the artificial surfaces. Metro also played good football,l but this year's version isn't as good as last year's great team.

Billy the Kid is,of course entitled to his opinion. However, the way his comments were worded was typical of a biased Metro supporter. He also made ridiculous and unfounded comments about City. I would defend any club which is being unfairly targeted. In a season where the games between Metro and City have been even he predicts a 3-0 scoreline. Was he just trying to get a reaction or is he a Metro supporter? He then talks about self promotion and fanfare associated with City. WTF? He still hasn't answered my post about that. I respect the fact that he predicts a Metro win. I have absolutely no problem with that. It is just those other comments where he is ridiculing City that I have an issue with. Where is his neutrality?

P.S Another forum contributor has commented that my comments about last week's games (I actually praised both teams!) were "spot on" without bringing "neutrality" into the discussion.
Last edited by United We Stand on Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

billy the kid wrote:Cheers Scipio.

Now, THESE comments are more like a neutral supporter. I have no issue with these comments. Interesting, however, that there was no mention of City in your season review and only mention them in your prediction in the Cup Final. This,together with your previously negative comments hints at you maybe just being anti-City for some reason.

P.S I also speak from my vast experience as a player, coach and even an administrator at Federation clubs. I am still involved at a NPL men's club (Not City!!)

P.P.S I totally agree that playing the NPL Women's competition at Elite Systems and Holdfast Shores on Friday nights has been a resounding success.
Last edited by United We Stand on Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

But as a 'neutral' why do you care if billy the kid has issue with City?

Best you stop insulting everyone's intelligence with I just 'rate their style of play'.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

snow white wrote:But as a 'neutral' why do you care if billy the kid has issue with City?

Best you stop insulting everyone's intelligence with I just 'rate their style of play'.

I have already answered that. This is a forum. Accordingly, I am also expressing my opinion about anything which I consider unjust/untrue/unsubstantiated. That's all. I don't just talk up City. If Billy made ridiculous and unfounded comments about Fulham (Self promotion,fanfare or the coach going ballistic etc. etc.) I would probably have a go at that too. That sort of negativity just isn't needed in what has been a successful season. Metro were the most consistent team throughout the year and deserved their Premiership. Good luck to them. However, I still enjoy the City (And now Fulham!) playing style more than the other clubs. If you can't accept that, it is your problem.

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

United We Stand wrote:
snow white wrote:But as a 'neutral' why do you care if billy the kid has issue with City?

I have already answered that. This is a forum. Accordingly, I am also expressing my opinion about anything which I consider unjust/untrue/unsubstantiated. That's all. I don't just talk up City. If Billy made ridiculous and unfounded comments about Fulham (Self promotion,fanfare or the coach going ballistic etc. etc.) I would probably have a go at that too. That sort of negativity just isn't needed in what has been a successful season. Metro were the most consistent team throughout the year and deserved their Premiership. Good luck to them. However, I still enjoy the City (And now Fulham!) more than the other clubs. If you can't accept that, it is your problem.
Your entitled to your opinion but it's evident you support city. Just come clean and we can all move on. I too have friends at various clubs doesn't mean I support those clubs.

What did billy the kid say that was untrue? City bench going ballistic? No lie in that. 16 suspended games for just one individual in past two seasons, year long bans for supporters and clubs fined the heaviest fine allowed under ffsa rules for bringing the game into disrepute would equate in most people's minds as going 'ballistic'. You claim you correct the facts but you conveniently didnt mentioned these FACTS.

I also note that when metro won the minor premiership or made the final or even when they lost, their was hardly a beep from their supporters, yet you talk of 'typical biased metro supporters' even when bully the kid isn't from metro.

And before you jump on your high horse and accuse me of being a biased supporter of whatever club, I have supported and watched Adelaide city since the 1970's when they played at Kensington oval, I've been a member of the club, some of my family has served on the board, I have signed city guernseys of championship years and I have very good friends who currently run the club.

But I call bull when I see it.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

snow white wrote:
United We Stand wrote:

I have already answered that. This is a forum. Accordingly, I am also expressing my opinion about anything which I consider unjust/untrue/unsubstantiated. That's all. I don't just talk up City. If Billy made ridiculous and unfounded comments about Fulham (Self promotion,fanfare or the coach going ballistic etc. etc.) I would probably have a go at that too. That sort of negativity just isn't needed in what has been a successful season. Metro were the most consistent team throughout the year and deserved their Premiership. Good luck to them. However, I still enjoy the City (And now Fulham!) more than the other clubs. If you can't accept that, it is your problem.
Your entitled to your opinion but it's evident you support city. Just come clean and we can all move on. I too have friends at various clubs doesn't mean I support those clubs.

What did billy the kid say that was untrue? City bench going ballistic? No lie in that. 16 suspended games for just one individual in past two seasons, year long bans for supporters and clubs fined the heaviest fine allowed under ffsa rules for bringing the game into disrepute would equate in most people's minds as going 'ballistic'. You claim you correct the facts but you conveniently didnt mentioned these FACTS.

I also note that when metro won the minor premiership or made the final or even when they lost, their was hardly a beep from their supporters, yet you talk of 'typical biased metro supporters' even when bully the kid isn't from metro.

And before you jump on your high horse and accuse me of being a biased supporter of whatever club, I have supported and watched Adelaide city since the 1970's when they played at Kensington oval, I've been a member of the club, some of my family has served on the board, I have signed city guernseys of championship years and I have very good friends who currently run the club.

But I call bull when I see it.

So Snow White,you can have friends at various clubs but you don't support them. However, you deny me the same situation?

You think that I am selective with the facts do you? I said that I tend to defend things on this forum which are untrue/unsubstantiated or unfair. I was speaking in general to explain the motivation behind my posts. You chose my criticism of Billy the Kid's (Interesting that you called him "Bully the Kid" lol) comment about the coach being ballistic. I NEVER said that the coach going ballistic isn't true. I even said that he was "animated." What I objected to was Billy the Kid's choice of words which were purely intended to RIDICULE Adelaide City. I just thought that what he wrote was unfair.

What isn't true was his unsubstantiated claim about self promotion and fanfare. Surely you can see that a comment like that comes from a person who has an axe to grind. He still hasn't directly given any examples of that as I have challenged him to.

You chose to go into past events which were unfortunate ,but not relevant to the issue that I objected to. Even if what you brought up was relevant, YOU conveniently left out that BOTH Metro and City brought the game into disrepute by having the game abandoned. Moreover, you left out the fact that the whole unsavoury episode was triggered off by a Metro girl's cowardly and violent action of kicking a City girl whilst she was on the ground. That Metro girl received a six game suspension.BOTH teams were guilty not just one. So who is being selective with the facts?

The Metro supporters not saying much after winning the Premiership does NOT conclusively prove that they can't be biased. I know of one Metro supporter who wrote a grossly unfair and untrue post slamming City and had it removed by the Moderators on this forum. That definitely was evidence of bias and the person responsible had an axe to grind with City (He was involved with City and had a grievance with them). Do you know Billy (Bully? lol) the Kid personally and can verify that he isn't from Metro? How do you know that he isn't from Metro? He is either a Metro fan or someone with a grievance against City, but that is his problem. I am free of any hangups like that.

Finally, I am going to confess that I am a passionate supporter of........................THE BEAUTIFUL GAME!!!! Yes, I enjoy also watching junior ,men's and women's football in Adelaide and the rest of the world. I will go to the Grand Final free of any nervousness/anxiety usually associated with a supporter of the Grand Finalists and enjoy the game. I am sure that it will be a cracker. May the best team win!!

P.S I will be the one with the City cap,scarf, jacket and flag!! ONLY JOKING!!!!!!

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

Very articulate in your responses UWS. Even cheking (sic) grammar.

What is evident however, is that you have made assumptions about BtK whilst endeavouring to portray a position of neutrality in the midst of vigorously defending Adelaide City FC (est. 1946 or is it 2000). My recollection is that city (sic) broke away from the boys in the early 2000's because it was treated appallingly and as second class citizens. Now they seem to be back in the fold. Is this correct? And does the city (sic) committee (men, boys, girls and women) consist of representation from all groups? Or do city (sic) girls and women, have to function as a sub group/committee?

In reality for al the froth and bubbles (and yes they have established a strong presence in the girls and women's league) however, Metro as a stand alone club, that has a club run predominantly by women is a passionate club and have passionate supporters. From what I have observed from afar is that they support the team all the way. Their supporters are vocal but not disrespectful.

I think ALL clubs have over the years had incidents which they are not proud of. They happened. And thankfully, they have become far a few nowadays.

Compared to Metro AND for all the hoo ha city (sic) have achieved very little on the ground.

Fulham is another club I have seen from afar (binoculars) and they've had period of success. Periods where they struggled to win a game and this year done well. Have their achievements been fully recognised? Well a Cup is in their possession. As was a top 3 position. They are (from what I understand) part of a strong club structure that has equal representation on their committee.

Westies has had MANY iterations. George stayed strong and for a club with limited resources achieved well. With Kev at the helm, this club will get stronger. Now to develop their junior structure.

For mine Metro tomorrow night 3-0
Last edited by SAD GAL on Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

You claim to be 'neutral', yet invariably defend vigourously almost all things City and I struggle to recall a single time you actually were critical of City. Thats fine, but don't call yourself neutral.

You claim to defend things on this forum which are 'untrue/unsubstantiated or unfair' yet you:
a) made false allegations against Billy the Kid that he was a metro supporter.
b) wrote off the behaviour of the city bench as 'animated' ignoring that certain individuals have copped 16 games of suspensions in past two seasons alone
c) claimed Metro/City brought the game into disrepute for having a game abandoned, yet it was a 'supporter' who entered the field of play who had the game abandoned and Metro the club was not punished for any infringement, unlike City the club.
d) you claim a Metro player incurred a SIX game suspension. I have looked into this (check sporting pulse) and it appears to have only been a two game suspension for an on field incident, yet you tell us that you defend things that are 'true'. You can't even get simple facts right.

You hardly hear a beep out of metro supporters on here, win or lose. That is a fact and yes, supporters of club tend to be biased, hence they are supporters, unlike yourself who parade around claiming to be 'neutral'. You refer to one instance (yes one) of a 'metro supporter' who you admit was involved with city, and yet you paint this picture of systemic metro subjectivity on this forum. That's drawing a very long bow for a club who even when they won the league (minor premiership) for both Prems and Reserves, didn't say boo.

I will let Billy the kid defend himself and I will take his/her word that they spoke the truth when they said they are not metro supporters. As noted earlier, billy the kid has been on this forum since 2002. That's 14 years to show biased towards metro which hasn't been forthcoming.

These are my last words on the subject, as the focus should be on the positive and on the game itself and between two talented teams. I roll my eyes every time this nonsense comes up.

Good luck to both teams tomorrow night. Let the past be exactly that, the past and may the best team and football be the winner.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

SAD GAL wrote:Very articulate in your responses UWS. Even cheking (sic) grammar.

What is evident however, is that you have made assumptions about BtK whilst endeavouring to portray a position of neutrality in the midst of vigorously defending Adelaide City FC (est. 1946 or is it 2000). My recollection is that city (sic) broke away from the boys in the early 2000's because it was treated appallingly and as second class citizens. Now they seem to be back in the fold. Is this correct? And does the city (sic) committee (men, boys, girls and women) consist of representation from all groups? Or do city (sic) girls and women, have to function as a sub group/committee?

In reality for al the froth and bubbles (and yes they have established a strong presence in the girls and women's league) however, Metro as a stand alone club, that has a club run predominantly by women is a passionate club and have passionate supporters. From what I have observed from afar is that they support the team all the way. Their supporters are vocal but not disrespectful.

I think ALL clubs have over the years had incidents which they are not proud of. They happened. And thankfully, they have become far a few nowadays.

Compared to Metro AND for all the hoo ha city (sic) have achieved very little on the ground.

Fulham is another club I have seen from afar (binoculars) and they've had period of success. Periods where they struggled to win a game and this year done well. Have their achievements been fully recognised? Well a Cup is in their possession. As was a top 3 position. They are (from what I understand) part of a strong club structure that has equal representation on their committee.

Westies has had MANY iterations. Is it Olympic, West Adelaide, West Adelaide Olympic? In any case it has had periods where it went it alone and was relegated to half a pitch a B12 on Park Tce. Then to Ferryden Park. George stayed strong and for a club with limited resources achieved well. With Kev at the helm, this club will get stronger. Now to develop their junior structure.

For mine Metro tomorrow night 3-0

Sad Gal. Thanks for your complimentary remarks regarding how articulate my responses are. Thank you for the "history lesson," but I was aware of the history of all the women's clubs. I am not sure why you felt the need to write about all that. You posed some questions about the structure of the women's club. I am sorry, but I cannot answer those questions. I am not involved except for watching most of their matches.

What is "all the froth and bubbles" and "all the hoo ha" that you are referring to? Can you give me specific examples? Billy the Kid was unable to do so when I asked him to. What has City failed to achieve compared to Metro?

You say that Metro supporters are not disrespectful. Yes,in the main, they are not. They are definitely vocal. However, I have witnessed a few Metro supporters abusing fans of rival clubs. It is a pity as this club has achieved great results,especially with their "Prems" and Reserves.

You also say that I have made assumptions about Billy the Kid. I have QUESTIONED whether he is either a Metro supporter OR someone who has grievances against City. I am not sure but I think that it is the latter. I base that on the tone of his original post which clearly intended to ridicule the club.

Enjoy the Grand Final and I hope that you are not a "sad gal" if City win the Grand Final. Cheers.

Leppskiii
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Leppskiii »

:lol: 10 Years later still the same.
"Just ask yourself, have you hugged your goalkeeper today?"

Urusei Yatsura
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Urusei Yatsura »

Leppskiii wrote: :lol: 10 Years later still the same.
Look who crawled out of the woodwork.

RAP300
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by RAP300 »

This is the most entertaining thing that's happened in 10 years on this forum

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

It sure is.

n8
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by n8 »

One thing for sure adelaide city supporters will whinge, port and moan about the referee and the physical approach metro will take to the game.

But it will be a cracker of a game cant wait, metro to take the win in extra time.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

snow white wrote:You claim to be 'neutral', yet invariably defend vigourously almost all things City and I struggle to recall a single time you actually were critical of City. Thats fine, but don't call yourself neutral.

You claim to defend things on this forum which are 'untrue/unsubstantiated or unfair' yet you:
a) made false allegations against Billy the Kid that he was a metro supporter.
b) wrote off the behaviour of the city bench as 'animated' ignoring that certain individuals have copped 16 games of suspensions in past two seasons alone
c) claimed Metro/City brought the game into disrepute for having a game abandoned, yet it was a 'supporter' who entered the field of play who had the game abandoned and Metro the club was not punished for any infringement, unlike City the club.
d) you claim a Metro player incurred a SIX game suspension. I have looked into this (check sporting pulse) and it appears to have only been a two game suspension for an on field incident, yet you tell us that you defend things that are 'true'. You can't even get simple facts right.

You hardly hear a beep out of metro supporters on here, win or lose. That is a fact and yes, supporters of club tend to be biased, hence they are supporters, unlike yourself who parade around claiming to be 'neutral'. You refer to one instance (yes one) of a 'metro supporter' who you admit was involved with city, and yet you paint this picture of systemic metro subjectivity on this forum. That's drawing a very long bow for a club who even when they won the league (minor premiership) for both Prems and Reserves, didn't say boo.

I will let Billy the kid defend himself and I will take his/her word that they spoke the truth when they said they are not metro supporters. As noted earlier, billy the kid has been on this forum since 2002. That's 14 years to show biased towards metro which hasn't been forthcoming.

These are my last words on the subject, as the focus should be on the positive and on the game itself and between two talented teams. I roll my eyes every time this nonsense comes up.

Good luck to both teams tomorrow night. Let the past be exactly that, the past and may the best team and football be the winner.

My last words on the matter.

Firstly, I HAVE been critical of City when I said that they (along with Metro last year) brought the game into disrepute.Moreover, I WILL be critical of City if it is warranted. It is a case of not having too much to be critical of. I haven't been critical of other clubs this season either. It has been a very good season. Congratulations to every club in the Women's NPL.
Secondly, I QUESTIONED whether Billy the Kid was either a Metro supporter or a person who has a grievance against City. That IS NOT a false allegation.
Thirdly, the issue of the City bench was NOT the issue. We were arguing about the City coach. I wrote the description of the coach as being "animated" and NOT the entire bench which includes Assistant Coaches/Medical staff).
Fourthly, yes BOTH teams brought the game into disrepute. Yes a City supporter ran on to the pitch as it was her sister that was assaulted and injured on the ground. Metro, for their part, brought the game into disrepute when their player violently kicked a City girl whilst lying on the ground. That triggered the ensuing skirmish which led to the game being abandoned. They are both guilty in my estimation.
Fifthly, I was actually told by a Metro supporter that, the Metro girl that assaulted the City girl, was given a six week suspension. I vaguely remember hearing that by others as well. If it was a two week suspension, then I have to say that it wasn't a deliberate misrepresentation of the facts on my part. Moreover, if it was only a two week suspension, it beggars belief as it was one of the most violent acts that I have witnessed. That is why I accepted what I was told about the length of the suspension. It certainly deserved a long suspension.
YOU made a false allegation when you wrote that I painted a picture of "systemic Metro subjectivity on this forum." I certainly did not. You are misinterpreting my comments. I was trying to point out that ANY club supporter is capable of displaying bias. The claim was made that Metro supporters hardly make a peep. I was just using an example just to show how a supporter of ANY club can display bias. Yes, City supporters too. I have heard City supporters be biased and make stereotyped comments about Metro's supposed over physical tactics against the City girls. In my opinion, Metro HAS NOT been over physical this season at all.

I agree with you when you say that we should focus on the positive. Billy's ridicule of City certainly wasn't reflecting the spirit of what you are saying. I also sincerely hope that football ( I don't really care about the result) is the winner as it has been during the season and especially during the Finals series.

M@rvin
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by M@rvin »

MUFC win 4 goals to nil
The goalkeeper is the jewel in the crown and getting at him should be almost impossible. It's the biggest sin in football to make him do any work.

George Graham