Kudos and bouquets to the FFSA

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Kudos and bouquets to the FFSA

Post by SAD GAL »

Been to a few Friday night games at the Parks and the Shores and I would like to take this opportunity to send a BIG compliment to those who decided to build these facilities and to schedule Friday night games. Well done. I've really enjoyed the experience and the quality of the games I have watched. The endeavour of the players can never been disputed. Results are interesting and the competition is at a very good standard (from what I have seen so far). Some teams developing as the season progresses and the skill levels are good.

Not big noting myself, but I have always maintained that a central purpose built facility where a few games are played at the same time is what is needed to attract interest and raise the standards of the facilities for the girls. Clubs cannot go alone and develop the facilities. I am sure the fans will come.

MORE PUBLICITY ON THE GAMES IS NEEDED.

iN ANY CASE....WELL DONE TO ALL THOSE INVOLVED.

Rightside
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Kudos and bouquets to the FFSA

Post by Rightside »

+1

Agree 100%

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

agree, I hope they do something about the surface at the Shores complex in the near future, Talking to a few players from different clubs, complaining about soreness knees and ankles, they have searching for alternative footwear more suitable to the hard surface. Other venues are okay.
I am told a men's team use the shores complex as their training/home ground ? I wonder if they have a footwear company sponsor them ?

Hydration Officer
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Hydration Officer »

Credit to all teams involved, and I do feel for teams playing at the Shores, played there during the Masters games last year was very sore afterwards,thought may have been old age. But hearing how these younger and fitter players are feeling sore afterwards, maybe some of the cause is in the playing surface.
Apparently when this complex was built, they went for a cheaper version of artificial turf, does not have the same rubber underlay as the other two venues.

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by united92 »

The General wrote:agree, I hope they do something about the surface at the Shores complex in the near future, Talking to a few players from different clubs, complaining about soreness knees and ankles, they have searching for alternative footwear more suitable to the hard surface. Other venues are okay.
I am told a men's team use the shores complex as their training/home ground ? I wonder if they have a footwear company sponsor them ?
West Adelaide mens and Sturt Lions mens both share it as a home ground. Not sure abouy whether theu train on it though.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Post by United We Stand »

I am not sure if this is true, but I was told that they ripped up the artificial surface during the close season and replaced the underlay with the same type they have at the Elite Systems ground. Can anyone confirm whether that is true?

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

SAD GAL wrote:Been to a few Friday night games at the Parks and the Shores and I would like to take this opportunity to send a BIG compliment to those who decided to build these facilities and to schedule Friday night games. Well done. I've really enjoyed the experience and the quality of the games I have watched. The endeavour of the players can never been disputed. Results are interesting and the competition is at a very good standard (from what I have seen so far). Some teams developing as the season progresses and the skill levels are good.

Not big noting myself, but I have always maintained that a central purpose built facility where a few games are played at the same time is what is needed to attract interest and raise the standards of the facilities for the girls. Clubs cannot go alone and develop the facilities. I am sure the fans will come.

MORE PUBLICITY ON THE GAMES IS NEEDED.

iN ANY CASE....WELL DONE TO ALL THOSE INVOLVED.

I totally agree with this. I was apprehensive about it at first and initially thought that it was a revenue raising move by the FFSA. This has not been the case with the clubs apparently being allowed to collect the gate takings. The artificial surfaces have promoted a good standard of football and an end to uneven surfaces like Hutt Street. There are still concerns with Adelaide Shores and how it contributes to soreness and injuries. The games still need to be promoted a little better, but it has been an overall success with all the teams demonstrating an improvement in the standard of their play. For once, kudos to the FFSA and I hope that they can update the NPL Women's website a little faster.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Football should be played on grass

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by united92 »

United We Stand wrote:I am not sure if this is true, but I was told that they ripped up the artificial surface during the close season and replaced the underlay with the same type they have at the Elite Systems ground. Can anyone confirm whether that is true?
I highly doubt that happened. W-League was played there during the FFSA off season, and after that there was the Masters Games that were also played between the Shores and the Parks. Not enough time between all of that imo.

Journeyman
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Journeyman »

God is an Englishman wrote:Football should be played on grass
Half of a particular amateurs side from the northern suburbs did in the late 90's...it was awesome man

wilyaroo
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by wilyaroo »

Agree. The change to Friday night 'double headers' has been a great improvement.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Journeyman wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Football should be played on grass
Half of a particular amateurs side from the northern suburbs did in the late 90's...it was awesome man

:lol: :lol:

Brewie
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Brewie »

I heard the same rumour about replacing the underlay but it hasnt been done. Other story I heard is changing the infill from cork to rubber. Lets hope they get around to softening the ground at the Shores.

Good on the FFSA for doing something positive here for Women's football. Are the Women's teams are paying the same high hiring charges that the Men's teams fork out to play at Adelaide Shores?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

I would expect all teams would be paying the same hire charge. Would hate to think there's sexism in play.

west adelaide
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by west adelaide »

Brewie wrote:I heard the same rumour about replacing the underlay but it hasnt been done. Other story I heard is changing the infill from cork to rubber. Lets hope they get around to softening the ground at the Shores.

Good on the FFSA for doing something positive here for Women's football. Are the Women's teams are paying the same high hiring charges that the Men's teams fork out to play at Adelaide Shores?
The surface is a shocker. They've added rubber balls from the Parks but it's done nothing to improve it. The coconut & cork infill was never watered properly at the start and half the infill blew away. It's the wrong technology for that part of Adelaide.

As far as being charged, yeh not a cent. Is that a good thing or a bad thing just depends on we're you sit and if you'd involved in the men's or women's game.