Charity Cup

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Charity Cup

Post by united92 »

Predictions? Will be a bit hard to tell how both Metro and City are going with the League season still over a month away
Attachments
FB_IMG_1455719454527.jpg
FB_IMG_1455719454527.jpg (85.33 KiB) Viewed 8739 times

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Charity Cup

Post by The General »

Why so early ? Could the Men's ( and women's ) played theirs in a months time when women's season kicks off ?

BillShankly
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BillShankly »

men's season kicks off next weekend

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Post by United We Stand »

It is a pity that this game, which is normally played a week before the league season opening round, is being played so early in the Pre-season. These two teams played out a cracking game in last year's Cup Final, but this one promises to be a typical pre-season game with the girls not at their peak. I realise the men's season starts next week, but the FFSA didn't need to program these games together on the same night. Anyway, good luck to both City and Metro.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Congratulations Adelaide City for last night's Charity Cup win. They looked far more advanced in their pre-season preparations than Metro. Watching the game confirmed for me that this game should not have been played one month before the season was due to start. Both teams were nowhere near what they are capable of and it just looked like a typical pre-season "trial" game.

the barbarian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the barbarian »

wow I thought AC were outstanding, they looked fairly sharp, their Going to be very hard to beat this year, Metro seemed to have lost a few important players and realistically, without them I do not see them pushing AC.

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

City and West Adelaide to fight it out for the title. Watch Fulham as the dark horse.

cg1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by cg1 »

The only thing crystal clear was Weidenbach & Scalzi should be playing for L/Reds in W League. Quality.

Danny Way
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Danny Way »

No MJ no Metro.
A quality Adelaide City from a powerful improved West Adelaide, then the rest, is how I see 2016 panning out.

the barbarian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the barbarian »

Scalzi best defender in the league, should be in w-league squad, no argument there.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Barbarian, who have WA picked up this season? Has McCormack been able to attract any top players?

SwandelPark
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SwandelPark »

cg1 wrote:The only thing crystal clear was Weidenbach & Scalzi should be playing for L/Reds in W League. Quality.
Give DiBartolo a go too! ...oh wait

Southern star
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Southern star »

cg1 wrote:The only thing crystal clear was Weidenbach & Scalzi should be playing for L/Reds in W League. Quality.
I have to agree with the barbarian on this one I believe Scalzi stands far above anyone else at the moment.

Southern star
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Southern star »

United We Stand wrote:Barbarian, who have WA picked up this season? Has McCormack been able to attract any top players?
I haven't heard on the new players that wa have picked up but they have always been successful and having a coaching team like Kevin and Chris behind them can guarantee a fantastic season. I believe it will be a City and WA dominated league this season

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scipio africanus »

With the quality of the coaching staff and with the calibre of players recruited, west Adelaide favourites IMO to challenge city for honour's this season.

Southern star
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Southern star »

scipio africanus wrote:With the quality of the coaching staff and with the calibre of players recruited, west Adelaide favourites IMO to challenge city for honour's this season.
So West Adelaide have recruited? Couldn't have said it better myself scipio africanus

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scipio africanus »

Southern star wrote:
scipio africanus wrote:With the quality of the coaching staff and with the calibre of players recruited, west Adelaide favourites IMO to challenge city for honour's this season.
So West Adelaide have recruited? Couldn't have said it better myself scipio africanus
I think you'll find that they have at least three marquee recruits, if not more and they'll be watching Adelaide city very closely as it will come down to those two in September. Metro have lost over half of their starting 11 from last year's double winning side so looks like a rebuilding year underway, and I can't see anyone else with the depth and talent to challenge for the title.

Southern star
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Southern star »

scipio africanus wrote:
Southern star wrote:
I think you'll find that they have at least three marquee recruits, if not more and they'll be watching Adelaide city very closely as it will come down to those two in September. Metro have lost over half of their starting 11 from last year's double winning side so looks like a rebuilding year underway, and I can't see anyone else with the depth and talent to challenge for the title.
That great for West Adelaide. City looked good on Friday night it will be a great battle between the two! I'll be sure to make sure I'm at those games. Yeah I personally can't see the other teams getting close to either city or WA. I believe there are a few trial games scheduled for the next couple of weeks, I can't wait to see some of the scores! I believe WA are playing ffsa and Sturt before the season begins.... From what I hear they will be all in favour of WA

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by united92 »

I wasn't at the game but I hear that Metro only had 1 or 2 players from those who played in either the final League game or the Cup Final, so was basically a Reserves team against Citys strongest team. Bit hard to judge on that isn't it?
But I agree that it shouldn't have been played so early. Has to be the week before the League starts.

Southern star
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Southern star »

united92 wrote:I wasn't at the game but I hear that Metro only had 1 or 2 players from those who played in either the final League game or the Cup Final, so was basically a Reserves team against Citys strongest team. Bit hard to judge on that isn't it?
But I agree that it shouldn't have been played so early. Has to be the week before the League starts.
From what I remember metro only had 2 or 3 players missing from the squad that won them the title last year. I heard that Laura Stockdale has signed for them, by the looks of things the will need her this year if they wants to be competitive

WPLFAN
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by WPLFAN »

Southern star wrote:
united92 wrote:I wasn't at the game but I hear that Metro only had 1 or 2 players from those who played in either the final League game or the Cup Final, so was basically a Reserves team against Citys strongest team. Bit hard to judge on that isn't it?
From what I remember metro only had 2 or 3 players missing from the squad that won them the title last year. I heard that Laura Stockdale has signed for them, by the looks of things the will need her this year if they wants to be competitive
Metro only had 4 players play in the charity cup game that were also in the cup final. One of which was the goalee. They have lost 4 players from the squad from last year (2 retirements and 2 acl's)