West Adelaide WS team new coaches for 2016

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

the barbarian
Apprentice
Apprentice

West Adelaide WS team new coaches for 2016

Post by the barbarian »

ANNOUNCEMENT | West Adelaide Hellas Womens soccer teams are pleased to have appointed Kevin McCormack as the Head Coach for the upcoming season of the inaugural "Women`s National Premier League.
Kevin comes to West Adelaide with extensive experience in Elite Women`s Football, having being involved in SASI Womens Soccer from 1995 -2011, Assistant Coach to the Matildas in the 2003 World Cup and 2004 Athens Olympic games. He has also been the High Performance Coordinator at SASI from 2011 and is currently the Senior Project Officer for the Office for Recreation and Sport, and Director of Soccer At Immanuel College.
Kevin will be reunited with a number of our Senior Women players who went through the SASI development Program during his time as Head Coach, and will be joined by his Assistant Coach Chris Goddard who also has extensive experience in Elite Womens Soccer. John Panagaras is the Reserves new coach and his assistant is Kon Pantelis. All New players welcome.

We welcome Kevin, Chris and John to the West Adelaide Hellas Soccer Club and look forward to Season 2016.

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: West Adelaide WS team new coaches for 2016

Post by SAD GAL »

Luckily I had my breakfast a while ago....and lunch is still to be had. Otherwise I would have choked. This surely a misprint. KM as coach of West Adelaide Hellas Womens Soccer.

Apart from WAHSC having more iterations of a name than anyone else I can remember ie West Adelaide Womens, Adelaide Olympic, West Adelaide Olympic, West Adelaide, etc etc etc, how did they get the old dude out of retirement and interested in local womens soccer? Not saying its bad...after all Max is (I hjope he still is) at Fulham. The games against them two will be interesting. Does WAHSC see KM as a strong marketing and recruiting tool.
So many questions for this WONDERFUl annoucnement.

All the best KM

magicfootball1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by magicfootball1 »

John Panagaras really? what happened to the Northern Elite Club he was starting?

Neyma
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Neyma »

[quote="magicfootball1"]John Panagaras really? what happened to the Northern Elite Club he was starting

:lol:

panaj
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by panaj »

Hello Neyma & magicfootball1,
Thanks for raising your comments.
In answer to your question, NUWFFC is still going ahead but we are waiting for certain stakeholders to sign off.
At this stage, I am committed and looking forward to coaching the reserves at West Adelaide Women's Soccer Club in 2016.
I am also extremely excited & fortunate to be working under two successful coaches, Kevin McCormack and Chris Goddard who have a vast amount of experience and knowledge not only in SASI or State etc but in women's soccer as a whole.
For any players wishing to be part of an exciting new era in 2016, now is the time to bring yourself to our first pre-season training on Monday 7/12/2015 at 645 p.m.
Don't miss out on this great opportunity.

the barbarian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the barbarian »

Just to advise for all intending current and new players, West Adelaide have a meeting come training session on Monday night the 7th December, however due to a number of reasons the session will be held at Western Youth Community centre, at 79 Marion Rd, Cowandilla, with a 6.30pm start, new players very welcome.

the barbarian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the barbarian »

Hi Unfortunately, due to heat and Hot Weather policy, tonights mondays, WA pre season training session has been cancelled, may be switched to friday but will advise, new players not on WA face book page please call 0402965860 for information re sessions.

the barbarian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the barbarian »

Hi all just to advise for interested current and pending new players that the next pre season training night will NOT be friday as a number of coaches and players were not avail or able to attend, but will now be held on Wednesday night 16th December at Kingston Gardens at West Tce. WA home ground, with a 6.45 pm start so please be there by about 6.30pm. Please make every effort to attend this very important session as kevin and Chris(Senior Coaches) would like all the players present and also info re the WNPL will also be distributed. Please bring your gear and Shin guards also. for more info call 0402965860 or send a pm

Brenton T
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Brenton T »

You are kidding me? Cancelled again. Not a good look

magicfootball1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by magicfootball1 »

But they are professional :)

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

I agree not a good look at all. Professional? I hope they are

Raich Carter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Raich Carter »

SAD GAL wrote:I agree not a good look at all. Professional? I hope they are
Did they not turn to a game or only field 8 players?? No wait its a pre-season get together in Dec. When does the season start? Things happen and change.

Not get an invite to the gathering and a little peed off or just your normal bitter self..........
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

Bitter? Mate if you can't see that this is something the majority of women's clubs face. Pre-season or not, attitude is something that is carried through to the season proper. What next? Too hot, too cold...had a friend's party the day before OR I just don't care..So I'll not turn up. Poor effort. The ones that do turn up will quickly work out that because of numbers they are assured of a game whether or not they attend training.

As I said..pre-season or not...Attitude is something that has no pre-season. It shoudl always be teher.

the barbarian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the barbarian »

sad girl you are kidding right? We at WA actually care about our girls and try to negotiate the best options with them so they feel valued. Choice of having to work(maybe get less rostered work time if refuse) or skip work and attend a last minute pre season training session? What would you or the majority of people do? Unfortunately or fortunately most of our girls actually work full time for a living, the younger girls often get part time work over the christmas break and many of them had been rostered to friday night work and as this (fridays) was to be an unschedulled pre season session, which was changed due to the ffsa hot weather policy from the monday, it was always going to be an iffy situation with players availability etc, WA Training in the season proper will be mond/wed and play fridays. Players can plan for this situation. Having said that who really cares what you think.
WA have finished 3rd in the Premier league in the last 2 seasons and won the cup in 2014, based on your assessment does not say much for the, as you put it 'professional' teams that finished below WA.
rather than people be critical of attitudes in this sport etc why not come up with some positives.
No wander people do not post on the forum.