Lady Reds Team Selction

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

magicfootball1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Lady Reds Team Selction

Post by magicfootball1 »

According to some , RA only took over the NTC, claimed the accolades and then moved on.

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

sportsbird wrote:
otto62 wrote:So many players leaving now that RA has left! Must be a sign of the quality of his coaching and how well respected he was among the playing group, that as soon as he left they did too. :wink:
otto62,
You are a funny person, unsure if you were joking or being serious.
Players were leaving when RA was coaching. Thats' really how well respected he was.
And for the few players that have left recently were advised by RA to head interstate because SA is going no where and if they remained will find it difficult to make the matildas or have any future.
Finally, you mentioned in the past how great RA was a coach and how he has developed the players.
Tell me how many players he has coached in the NTC development squad that has been promoted to the lady reds this year with the exception of Tiarn Powell, M Rajcic who was rejected by RA and is now captain of the lady reds and Lauren Steer?
Just in case your not sure, just 2.
So in 2 and half years he has done a fantastic job.
So having experienced RA as a coach, after he leaves AU and leaves coaching women's football to go to the HAL, the SA players respect him enough to follow his advice for their careers. Sounds like a well respected mentor to me, going out of his way to help his former players. :lol:
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

juniorsupporter wrote:Sports bird, I count 8 players in Lady Reds who played NTC under Ross. Steer, Condon, Campagnale, abbey, peat, McNamara, Jenkin, Bentley.

See (again) this w-league article: http://www.w-league.com.au/article/adel ... i1s3sl7nps
For your info juniorsupporter.
Steer, Condon & Campagnale were given contracts for the lady reds by the FFSA prior to RA appointment. So it brings it back to 5. Not a bad result.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

I'm not going to argue. Pigeon chess. But pretty sure that's incorrect- and I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing anyway. I was just addressing your assertion that only 2 NTC players under Ross were in the Lady Reds squad this season. Clearly that is incorrect, even by your own admission.

Fitball
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Fitball »

United We Stand wrote:
Fitball wrote:
Brenton T wrote:Sportsbird: the Officaial Media (good news factory) for the FFSA?

Or is it the Mushroom Factory?

I think United We Stand has inadvertantly provided a response to Sportsbirds' vote of confidence of the FFSA. Politics has and always played a part in City's reluctance to play ball with the FFSA. This is commendable. In years gone by, City has either "forgotten" or "downplayed" state and SASI trials which resulted in very few if any City players going out to trial. From recollection, when SAWSA took away the role of the clubs to nominate players for selection, City was insulted and focused on its own back yard. From what I saw and heard, City didn't penalise those players whom wanted to and were selected to play state.
Brenton you have been away a long time.. I'm sure you will find a lot has changed in camp city.. For better or for worse? It's in the eye of the beholder

Fitball, you seem to understand the "political" situation. As a person who is not connected with the club, I am interested to know what's going on between Adelaide City and the FFSA. I am a supporter of the game and only interested in the game progressing. It seems that if there is "politics" playing a role, that this is a disincentive for girls playing for City and,overall, a negative for the game. Whatever the issue, it must be resolved for the good of the womens' game.

It's not us that's has to want to change things. Unfortunately it stopped becoming a place that develops players and more about a particular style of play. Every player has a role and one role only. There's no room for player creativity or diversity. Now yes, you can argue that this method has been effective and successful but at what expense? A player that has w league resposability has no value to that system, they get taken away for a season or two, or they have to miss trainings. What's the point in developing a junior if the federation takes them? And they may not return ? A complete waste of time when your focused on winning silverwear. I don't agree or disagree as I said before this method has proven to be effective and I very much agree that w league players cause disruption and disharmony within a team. But I guess the point is you can't have your cake and eat it. As for the politics between the FFSA and the club like any politics someone stood up and had an oppinion... House always wins in these situations unfortunately.