Lady Reds Team Selction

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

Brenton T
Apprentice
Apprentice

Lady Reds Team Selction

Post by Brenton T »

Heard that the squad for 2015/16 season has been decided upon.

Iffffff what I hear is true then there are some interesting selections that will leave some (many) people aghast.

adam
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Lady Reds Team Selction

Post by adam »

names released so far

Tiarn Powell
Claudia Jenkins (GK)
Marijana Rajcic
Lauren Steer
Matilda McNamara
Grace Abbe

Journeyman
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Journeyman »

Brenton T wrote:Heard that the squad for 2015/16 season has been decided upon.

Iffffff what I hear is true then there are some interesting selections that will leave some (many) people aghast.
Why 'aghast' ?

Brenton T
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Brenton T »

Doesn't anyone stand out as an odd choice to you?
adam wrote:names released so far

Tiarn Powell
Claudia Jenkins (GK)
Marijana Rajcic
Lauren Steer
Matilda McNamara
Grace Abbe

Journeyman
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Journeyman »

Brenton T wrote:Doesn't anyone stand out as an odd choice to you?
adam wrote:names released so far

Tiarn Powell
Claudia Jenkins (GK)
Marijana Rajcic
Lauren Steer
Matilda McNamara
Grace Abbe
No...perhaps you'd like to expand rather than being so cryptic

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scipio africanus »

Is CJ a field player and not a GK??? Stand to be corrected.

adam
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by adam »

i was only going from the following link... but i think you are correct and they are wrong?

http://thewomensgame.com/2015/09/adelai ... -season-8/
Along with Powell and Rajcic, the Reds have signed a trio of debutantes in goalkeeper Claudia Jenkins and Matilda McNamara and Grace Abbey following their performances at recent trials.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

She has been the NTC keeper this season. I believe she has been signed as a backup keeper. As a former field player she is also very good with her feet. But I think she's been taken as a keeper.

BlueForever
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by BlueForever »

Any news on who the 1st keeper is yet.

SwandelPark
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SwandelPark »

No big name signings? Other clubs have announced a whole host!

Disappointing Jenna has gone to Canberra.

United for the wooden spoon

rochlz1evanine
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by rochlz1evanine »

asfasdfasdfdasf

ʃₐᵇf(x)dx=F(b)-F(a)
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ʃₐᵇf(x)dx=F(b)-F(a) »

rochlz1evanine wrote:asfasdfasdfdasf
At least your posts are consistent.

yoda
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by yoda »

juniorsupporter wrote:She has been the NTC keeper this season. I believe she has been signed as a backup keeper. As a former field player she is also very good with her feet. But I think she's been taken as a keeper.
Signed as a keeper by Aloisi
"Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

"Go, I will. Good relations with the Wookiees, I have."

yoda
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by yoda »

BlueForever wrote:Any news on who the 1st keeper is yet.
Yes but news not released publicly. From the US arriving midweek.
"Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

"Go, I will. Good relations with the Wookiees, I have."

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

And the point is?

Rajcic selection is bewildering to say the least.
yoda wrote:

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

So has the squad been finalised yet??

What trial games have been played?

banterfc
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by banterfc »

It is believed they have played 1 trial game against the school girls team, United didn't look too bad but only won 4-0. Will be an interesting season, I don't know why they haven't released the full team yet.

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

banterfc wrote:It is believed they have played 1 trial game against the school girls team, United didn't look too bad but only won 4-0. Will be an interesting season, I don't know why they haven't released the full team yet.
Cheers for the update.

Would have expected more goals against the School girls team, but provided they played well and create plenty of chances, not a bad start, with the start of the season just around the corner.

Considering the amount of turnover the squad has had, I'm expecting at least another 2-3 trial games before the season starts, but thats tight given season starts mid-October. Hopefully the players can gel in time.

united92
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by united92 »

SAD GAL wrote:And the point is?

Rajcic selection is bewildering to say the least.
yoda wrote:
Why is the Rajcic selection bewildering?

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

The professionalism of the Women's Dept of the FFSA is outstanding.
It's great to see the players have been announced well before the season started.
It's absolutely fantastic that the majority of players are local.
What a wonderful coup to secure a well respected Coach who has been here for a long time prior to the start of the season and will leave as soon as the season is over. Fly in Fly out. That's innovation FFSA, great negotiation skills, great work, great for the future.
This is a well run dept. Could not have asked for any better.
How wonderful that Ross Aloisi has left the state program in great shape. Great to see majority of the players he coached are now in the lady reds.
Finally, Women's Football is going forward. Fantastic.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Post by United We Stand »

I hear that NO girls were nominated from Adelaide City for the W-League trials. If that is true, that is a disgraceful state of affairs on behalf of City and the FFSA. (Politics?). I am sure that anyone who watched the Cup Final between Metro and City would agree that there were a number of City (And Metro) girls that deserved a spot on the training squad. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Last edited by United We Stand on Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by nathanburns15 »

United We Stand wrote:I hear that NO girls were nominated from Adelaide City for the W-League trials. If that is true, that is a disgraceful state of affairs on behalf of City and the FFSA. (Politics?). I am sure that anyone who watched the Cup Final between Metro and City would agree that there a number of City (And Metro) girls that deserved a spot on the training squad. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Probably don't want parents jumping the fence to 'remonstrate' with the opposition.

Brenton T
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Brenton T »

Sportsbird: the Officaial Media (good news factory) for the FFSA?

Or is it the Mushroom Factory?

I think United We Stand has inadvertantly provided a response to Sportsbirds' vote of confidence of the FFSA. Politics has and always played a part in City's reluctance to play ball with the FFSA. This is commendable. In years gone by, City has either "forgotten" or "downplayed" state and SASI trials which resulted in very few if any City players going out to trial. From recollection, when SAWSA took away the role of the clubs to nominate players for selection, City was insulted and focused on its own back yard. From what I saw and heard, City didn't penalise those players whom wanted to and were selected to play state.

Fitball
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Fitball »

Brenton T wrote:Sportsbird: the Officaial Media (good news factory) for the FFSA?

I think United We Stand has inadvertantly provided a response to Sportsbirds' vote of confidence of the FFSA. Politics has and always played a part in City's reluctance to play ball with the FFSA. This is commendable. In years gone by, City has either "forgotten" or "downplayed" state and SASI trials which resulted in very few if any City players going out to trial. From recollection, when SAWSA took away the role of the clubs to nominate players for selection, City was insulted and focused on its own back yard. From what I saw and heard, City didn't penalise those players whom wanted to and were selected to play state.
Brenton you have been away a long time.. I'm sure you will find a lot has changed in camp city.. For better or for worse? It's in the eye of the beholder

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Sorry to be a broken record, but has the final squad been announced? Keen to see who has been recruited.

How did the team go on the weekend (assuming they played a friendly)?

To date, I'm only aware of one game being played (against School girls) and the first official game is next week.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Post by United We Stand »

Fitball wrote:
Brenton T wrote:Sportsbird: the Officaial Media (good news factory) for the FFSA?

Brenton you have been away a long time.. I'm sure you will find a lot has changed in camp city.. For better or for worse? It's in the eye of the beholder
Fitball, you seem to understand the "political" situation. As a person who is not connected with the club, I am interested to know what's going on between Adelaide City and the FFSA. I am a supporter of the game and only interested in the game progressing. It seems that if there is "politics" playing a role, that this is a disincentive for girls playing for City and,overall, a negative for the game. Whatever the issue, it must be resolved for the good of the womens' game.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

scipio africanus wrote:Sorry to be a broken record, but has the final squad been announced? Keen to see who has been recruited.

How did the team go on the weekend (assuming they played a friendly)?

To date, I'm only aware of one game being played (against School girls) and the first official game is next week.
There is an article at : w-league.com.au which previews the Lady Reds this season and gives an up to date roster, along with a summary of the ins and outs. One mistake in the article says that Bubs went to Melbourne City- she's at Victory.

http://www.w-league.com.au/article/adel ... i1s3sl7nps

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

So many players leaving now that RA has left! Must be a sign of the quality of his coaching and how well respected he was among the playing group, that as soon as he left they did too. :wink:
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

otto62 wrote:So many players leaving now that RA has left! Must be a sign of the quality of his coaching and how well respected he was among the playing group, that as soon as he left they did too. :wink:
otto62,
You are a funny person, unsure if you were joking or being serious.
Players were leaving when RA was coaching. Thats' really how well respected he was.
And for the few players that have left recently were advised by RA to head interstate because SA is going no where and if they remained will find it difficult to make the matildas or have any future.
Finally, you mentioned in the past how great RA was a coach and how he has developed the players.
Tell me how many players he has coached in the NTC development squad that has been promoted to the lady reds this year with the exception of Tiarn Powell, M Rajcic who was rejected by RA and is now captain of the lady reds and Lauren Steer?
Just in case your not sure, just 2.
So in 2 and half years he has done a fantastic job.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Sports bird, I count 8 players in Lady Reds who played NTC under Ross. Steer, Condon, Campagnale, abbey, peat, McNamara, Jenkin, Bentley.

See (again) this w-league article: http://www.w-league.com.au/article/adel ... i1s3sl7nps