Metro United vs Adelaide City

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

Troll
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: Metro United vs Adelaide City

Post by Troll »

AWA wrote:
United We Stand wrote:As a neutral....
. :shock: :lol:
I know right! :lol: the twat just admitted he was standing on the Adelaide City supporters side.. And God forbid you say city played cabernet! 5-1 close game!

AWA
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by AWA »

United We Stand wrote: P.S I asked why City's dangerous striker (D. Di Bartolo) wasn't playing and was told that she was injured by THREE brutal tackles in a previous game which only incurred ONE yellow. It's no wonder the City supporters were screaming at the ref. Lucky there wasn't a full scale brawl.
MORE :lol: United We Stand neutral comments
Capital letters of "THREE" & "brutal" and yet you didn't see any of these tackles but are happy to parrot whatever was told to you on a public forum by a City supporter.
Maybe look up the term 'neutral' - I think you may not have grasped the meaning :clown:

Troll
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Troll »

I don't think anyone really cares if Di Bartolo was playing or not.

Troll
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Troll »

AWA wrote:
United We Stand wrote: P.S I asked why City's dangerous striker (D. Di Bartolo) wasn't playing and was told that she was injured by THREE brutal tackles in a previous game which only incurred ONE yellow. It's no wonder the City supporters were screaming at the ref. Lucky there wasn't a full scale brawl.
MORE :lol: United We Stand neutral comments
Capital letters of "THREE" & "brutal" and yet you didn't see any of these tackles but are happy to parrot whatever was told to you on a public forum by a City supporter.
Maybe look up the term 'neutral' - I think you may not have grasped the meaning :clown:
:lol:
:lol:

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by nathanburns15 »

At what point is it acceptable behaviour for a supporter to enter the field of play and 'remonstrate' with players?

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

'Female supporter ... Joined the players remonstrating' ...

Just so we are clear, are you stating that all you witnessed was a city supporter illegally enter the field of play and just verbally 'argue' with a metro player?

Can you rule out any physical contact made by that city supporter who entered the field?

I missed the game and obviously didn't see the incident, but keen to understand what happened by someone who claims to be 'neutral'
I'm still waiting on what I thought was a relatively simple question and response.

For the sake of clarity, I will re-ask for the third time.

United We Stand, given your neutrality and birds eye position sitting with the Adelaide City supporters right in front of the alleged incident, can you definitively rule out that the Adelaide City spectator who entered the field of play whilst the game was on, made no deliberate contact whatsoever with any player on the pitch??

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Post by United We Stand »

AWA wrote:
Yes, I am a neutral. If you have read my previous posts,I have friends at both Sturt and City. Although I mainly watch the men's NPL matches. I do enjoy watching the women's Premier league matches occasionally. If you read my posts carefully, I am not critical of Metro but the refereeing. That does not make me a City ( Or any other team's) supporter. I just don't like referees who fail to discharge their responsibility in terms of duty of care.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

snow white wrote:

Just so we are clear, are you stating that all you witnessed was a city supporter illegally enter the field of play and just verbally 'argue' with a metro player?

Can you rule out any physical contact made by that city supporter who entered the field?

I missed the game and obviously didn't see the incident, but keen to understand what happened by someone who claims to be 'neutral'
I'm still waiting on what I thought was a relatively simple question and response.

United We Stand, given your neutrality and birds eye position sitting with the Adelaide City supporters right in front of the alleged incident, can you definitively rule out that the Adelaide City spectator who entered the field of play whilst the game was on, made no deliberate contact whatsoever with any player on the pitch??
I would have mentioned any physical contact if I saw it. All I saw was people arguing with each other in a heated manner. Both Metro and City officials acted responsibly and tried to calm people down as it threatened to get right out of control. I DID give you a clear response. Do you not accept that account of what happened? I have nothing to gain by making anything up.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

nathanburns15 wrote:At what point is it acceptable behaviour for a supporter to enter the field of play and 'remonstrate' with players?
I never claimed that it was acceptable behaviour. I agree with you about that. I was explaining why it got to that. I also believe that it is totally unacceptable for any player to kick a player who is lying on the ground. I believe that the female supporter that ran on to the pitch was a family member who was concerned about her sister (?) being seriously hurt.

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

United We Stand wrote:
snow white wrote:

I would have mentioned any physical contact if I saw it. All I saw was people arguing with each other in a heated manner. Both Metro and City officials acted responsibly and tried to calm people down as it threatened to get right out of control. I DID give you a clear response. Do you not accept that account of what happened? I have nothing to gain by making anything up.
Fair enough. Are you aware then of any discussion that there was intentional physical contact by the spectator on a field player?

By the way, if a player did kick another player, that too is unacceptable and a red card the minimum appropriate response, but that decision should have have been left to the Referee to decide.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Troll wrote:I don't think anyone really cares if Di Bartolo was playing or not.
The City supporters care. Their top striker. They had just witnessed another important player being kicked whilst lying on the ground AND an opposition player getting off scott free. That City girl could have been seriously hurt. You don't understand that? You make me the villain for writing what I witnessed. I wrote that as I don't like referees not protecting players and letting stuff like that go.
Last edited by United We Stand on Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Troll wrote:
AWA wrote:
I know right! :lol: the twat just admitted he was standing on the Adelaide City supporters side.. And God forbid you say city played cabernet! 5-1 close game!
You do know that there were City supporters on both the eastern and western sides of the pitch don't you? I was standing on the eastern side ( Same side as the Metro supporters?) in the first half and the western side during the second half. What a simpleton you are! Read my posts again. I said that Metro deserved to win and deserved the title. Does that make me a Metro supporter? You are a :clown:

BeNatural
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BeNatural »

snow white wrote: I found it hard to believe that a referee would just abandon the game just because a single supporter illegally entered the pitch.
Why?

Entering the field by a spectator is a serious offence under the FFSA Disciplinary Regulations.

He had every right to abandon the match. Its about setting an example.

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

juniorsupporter wrote:Baby, That's pretty bad form. If you're going to name involved parties on a public forum then all the other parties involved should have the same exposure- players and spectators who entered the field of play. Plenty of blame to go around, looks like to me. With plenty of people who stepped over the line. Ref was just trying to do his job in a hostile, volatile environment. Naming names on here is uncalled for, especially when events are still very fresh. Shame on you.
It's actually listed on FSP (always is).

Maybe the idea of all matches being played at The Shores and Elite Systems next year is not a bad one...
Last edited by Lucas Leiva on Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

BeNatural wrote:
snow white wrote: I found it hard to believe that a referee would just abandon the game just because a single supporter illegally entered the pitch.
Why?

Entering the field by a spectator is a serious offence under the FFSA Disciplinary Regulations.

He had every right to abandon the match. Its about setting an example.
Sorry, that wasn't my best worded sentence.

I was trying to imply that perhaps a fair bit more happened than just a city spectator entering the field of play and 'arguing', and hence the game was abandoned.

You are right, pitch invasions are very serious and should be dealt with harshly by FFSA.

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

Girls are so complicated :?

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

snow white wrote:
snow white wrote:Can you rule out any physical contact made by that city supporter who entered the field?

I'm still waiting on what I thought was a relatively simple question and response. For the sake of clarity, I will re-ask for the third time. United We Stand ... can you definitively rule out that the Adelaide City spectator who entered the field of play whilst the game was on, made no deliberate contact whatsoever with any player on the pitch??
Are you aware then of any discussion that there was intentional physical contact by the spectator on a field player?
snow white, I can confirm that there has been discussion by one person insinuating that there may have been physical contact. :wink:
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

otto62 wrote:
snow white wrote:
snow white wrote:Can you rule out any physical contact made by that city supporter who entered the field?

I'm still waiting on what I thought was a relatively simple question and response. For the sake of clarity, I will re-ask for the third time. United We Stand ... can you definitively rule out that the Adelaide City spectator who entered the field of play whilst the game was on, made no deliberate contact whatsoever with any player on the pitch??
Are you aware then of any discussion that there was intentional physical contact by the spectator on a field player?
snow white, I can confirm that there has been discussion by one person insinuating that there may have been physical contact. :wink:
:wink:

Fitball
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Fitball »

United We Stand wrote:
AWA wrote:
Yes, I am a neutral. If you have read my previous posts,I have friends at both Sturt and City. Although I mainly watch the men's NPL matches. I do enjoy watching the women's Premier league matches occasionally. If you read my posts carefully, I am not critical of Metro but the refereeing. That does not make me a City ( Or any other team's) supporter. I just don't like referees who fail to discharge their responsibility in terms of duty of care.

Blown your cover! :D I actually would've been a bit nicer to u if I knew earlier :lol:

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

Blown your cover! :D I actually would've been a bit nicer to u if I knew earlier :lol:[/quote]

Aaah my friend Fitball. So you think you know who I am? So, have we crossed paths?

BeNatural
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by BeNatural »

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

Aren't FFSA mens div 3 next year relaxing fencing rules?

Could be some issues arising
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by nathanburns15 »

The thing I don't understand about this - Adelaide City want a replay at a neutral venue because their fans invaded the pitch? That would set an awful precedent.

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scipio africanus »

nathanburns15 wrote:
The thing I don't understand about this - Adelaide City want a replay at a neutral venue because their fans invaded the pitch? That would set an awful precedent.
Yes, would set a very, very dangerous precedent.

If you're losing a game, all you need to do is invade the pitch, get the match abandoned and then you are entitled to a fresh start at a neutral venue????

I'm truly surprised that City are publicly demanding a replay given they were 5:2 down late in the game, playing with 10 men and it was their supporter who caused the match to be abandoned.

Just doesn't make sense.

Marley
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Marley »

If only Brazil had used a bit of Adelaide City logic in that world cup semi v Germany . 7-1 down send a fool on the pitch problem solvered :lol:

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

As I do not follow Metro or City, I thought it was a great game between two rivals.
I was on the eastern side of the game and was not able to see what caused the incident.
However, I saw a game with intensity, aggression and skills. It was the best game I have seen for a long time.
Metro were completely on top but City unfortunately could not handle the physical aspect of the game.
The referee handled the game very well considering the pressure of the game.
Maybe there were two frees which could have gone either way. But referees do make mistakes as the players do.
The referee should not be held accountable for abandoning the game due to a City supporter who went onto the pitch whilst the game was in progress regardless if it was a sibling. It could have been chaos. Luckily it did not get out of hand.
Overall, I thought the match was great apart from being abandoned early and feel for Metro for not receiving the Premier League trophy they deserved on the day.
The FFSA will be harsh on this one and I hear one of the clubs will be fined heavily and points deducted next year. A coach will also be disciplined over the incident by a one or two match ban.

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

sportsbird wrote:As I do not follow Metro or City, I thought it was a great game between two rivals.
I was on the eastern side of the game and was not able to see what caused the incident.
However, I saw a game with intensity, aggression and skills. It was the best game I have seen for a long time.
Metro were completely on top but City unfortunately could not handle the physical aspect of the game.
Maybe there were two frees which could have gone either way. But referees do make mistakes as the players do.
The referee should not be held accountable for abandoning the game due to a City supporter who went onto the pitch whilst the game was in progress regardless if it was a sibling. It could have been chaos. Luckily it did not get out of hand.
Overall, I thought the match was great apart from being abandoned early and feel for Metro for not receiving the Premier League trophy they deserved on the day.
The FFSA will be harsh on this one and I hear one of the clubs will be fined heavily and points deducted next year. A coach will also be disciplined over the incident by a one or two match ban.
In the 7 times we've won the men's premiership, we have never received the trophy straight after the game, its usually been the next home game or at the cup final.

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

Heaps of finger pointing going on here.

The game had a lot at stake - a championship no less - so can understand the heated intensity of the situation. However I have been at many games with as much on the line if not more with more than the reported 400-500 and had not seen crowd interference. The other thing that is ironic is that the "Respect" banners would've been out for all spectators to see as well.

I'm making this comment in general rather than specific to this game, but it's symptomatic of an environment where family members outnumber pure spectators (one-eyed or not) for such events to occur. Not the first time aggression at a Women's match has made the papers here in SA and not the last, but by putting a fence between spectators and the pitch won't change the actual spectator or what they're saying or feeling.

Time all families were educated on the correct protocol at Women's (and Junior) matches. And the best thing? They can't use the excuse they're "paying customers and have the right to" like alot of AFL banana spectators do.

neits/burgo/shadow
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by neits/burgo/shadow »

paul merson wrote:
sportsbird wrote:As I do not follow Metro or City, I thought it was a great game between two rivals.
In the 7 times we've won the men's premiership, we have never received the trophy straight after the game, its usually been the next home game or at the cup final.
WHAT?!?!? The women's game not being treated equally to the men again??! You trying to start another fight PM? :lol: :wink:

This seemed to be the most discussed football topic in the women's forum all season and its still not worth reading...so sad for the women's game.

Not surprised how the events of Sunday played out...was only a matter of time.

Bring on Season 2016! :mrgreen: 8)

United We Stand
Star Player
Star Player

scipio africanus wrote:
nathanburns15 wrote:
Yes, would set a very, very dangerous precedent.

If you're losing a game, all you need to do is invade the pitch, get the match abandoned and then you are entitled to a fresh start at a neutral venue????

I'm truly surprised that City are publicly demanding a replay given they were 5:2 down late in the game, playing with 10 men and it was their supporter who caused the match to be abandoned.

Just doesn't make sense.

You make it sound like a City supporter ran on to get the game abandoned because they were losing. So you complete ignore the rather serious incident which ignited the fury of the crowd? Some people are even making fun of something that could have ended up with a girl seriously hurt AND the fact the referee failed in his duty of care to protect players from such violence.