U11 FFSA girls - A true example of development over winning

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

Left Wing Back
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

U11 FFSA girls - A true example of development over winning

Post by Left Wing Back »

U11 Ladies FFSA

I would like to thank the coaches, parents and clubs that are doing the U11 Girls this year. The league has been a perfect example of development and the love of the game. I thank every coach that has assisted us when we have been short and playing it in the spirit of the game. Thankyou for such a pleasurable year :D .

Marty McKee
PHESC U11 FFSA Coach

philweb
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: U11 FFSA girls - A true example of development over winn

Post by philweb »

I concur Marty, it has been most enjoyable.

I know our Girls have really enjoyed it.

It would be nice to see more positive threads such as this.

All the best.

Phil Webster
South Adelaide Women's Football Manager

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

My daughter is playing her first year in this league as a 7 year old and I'm very impressed with the sportsmanship and approach to these games by players, parents and coaches.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Left Wing Back
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Left Wing Back »

philweb and Black_Panther, thankyou we have really enjoyed it as a team this year. the smiles are proof many clubs can work together to create the right atmosphere and the right reason why these girls play, the enjoyment. Philweb it was so appreciated lending us a couple of girls and was one of the most enjoyable games to watch all year the ladies played a beautiful game of football that day. We have played short all year and everyone has helped every week, we may have a full team by the end of the year, but without the other clubs help it has made all the games such great games.

All the volunteers who are helping in the Under 11 girls, your all doing an awesome job.