FFSA

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

Stand Strong
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

FFSA

Post by Stand Strong »

So after there 2 teams letting in 35 goals this weekend is there system working, are the coaches working. Anyone have any views to add.

evens
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: FFSA

Post by evens »

yes there system has worked ffsa have collected a good sum of money from all those girls parents and the coaches also get paid well . The real question ill be asking if my daughter was in the system is. what is she getting out of playing week in week out? and or will she be better of at the local club playing at the same level with more experierenced players in her group so she can excell in. rather than be put off the sport and be put off by the greed of having to make money from some false system giving false hopes!

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

You have to question the purpose of pulling the best out of the next generation out of their clubs to concede 20 goals and I'm reliably informed barely created an attack and could have easily been 30 nil with some more accurate finishing. Even more startling is how their coach could sit on the bench in total silence whilst watching painstaking goal after painstaking goal conceded. Pretty sad actually.

Evens is on the ball. The 'elite' system appears to be little more than revenue raising and the majority of the 'lucky' players selected mere training fodder for those very few players earmarked for youth Mathilda squads.

I feel sorry for the parents of these players who spend alot of money and especially time driving their daughters to far away trainings many nights a week, only to see the majority of their daughters hit 16-17 totally disillusioned with the game and far removed from their clubs.

But hey, as long as ffsa make good money and we look good at a one week tournament at Coffs Harbour every year, all must be good in the game.

BillShankly
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BillShankly »

Watched uni play cumby today
Cracking game
Both teams look much improved

Stand Strong
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Stand Strong »

Just to bring the FFSA team back to the fore front but why cant the FFSA do changes, this group of players are developing as say the FFSA. So why have them in the toughest leagues getting smashed week in and week out, now after the other week teams that really want to win the league and they do are in this for goal difference only now.
The FFSA Prem team last year finished.

9th with 25 for 42 against -17
So far this year they are,
7th with 0 for 41 against -41 after 3 games

FFSA why not make some changes to the leagues and help the growth and development of our young players not demoralise them, yes they can simply leave and return to clubs but most clubs are full then what throw tier players to the side to keep them. No as I say make changes enhance the youth develop them and provide a steady back bone for there futures.

NTC to Prems - Keep the girls In girls leagues they would play quality prem teams
FFSA Prems to Reserves - They would also get good games there
FFSA Reserves to 17's - All girls would make age group and it would be a healthy environment for them to learn and develop and also help lift the 17's comp to the next level ready for reserves.

I don't know if this has been done in trials or not, not sure if anyone would agree but from what I see each week it would be worth a shot.

the barbarian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the barbarian »

possibly an ok idea , but all the ffsa games played so far then would need to become nul and void due to goal difference problem or the ffsa games are all replayed? other option is not use goal difference to determine difference between teams on equal points at end of season, but use the Basketball system head to head results. say for example if Metro and AC were level on points at end of season then their head to head battles count regarding the finishing order. Then how many goals teams score against other teams really does not matter

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scipio africanus »

We had a head to head rule in place a few years back, but FFSA in all their wisdom, decided to return to a goal difference system.

End result the top clubs have no choice but to be merciless in pursuit of goals.

It would not surprise me if FFSA is now contemplating (mid-season), a rule change or player eligibility change for their teams to stop the humiliation.

You really have to wonder the judgement (or agenda) of some on here who argue that the Prem League is actually growing stronger and that the FFSA program is on track in terms of development, despite 40 plus negative goal difference after 3 games and zero goals scored. :roll:

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

No agenda. Just my humble opinion based on my observations over the last five years or so. Anyone is free to disagree.

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scipio africanus »

Agree JS, that it isn't wise to criticise the FFSA, especially when one has a vested interest in championing its current course and management.

Out of curiosity, have your 'observations' included actually watching any of the three FFSA Premier League games thus far this season???

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

This season, not yet. But it doesn't take too much imagination, given the score lines, to know what the games looked like. As you probably know as well I've spent a fair few Sunday's watching ffsa u15 prems games in previous years.

I'm not arguing that the girls aren't overmatched at the moment, just that long term that it's beneficial for the girls who participate in the program. They need to play against sides who are faster and stronger than they are, in order to develop better speed of movement and decision making., whether that means prems, or a boys competition (u14?) in future who knows.
Last edited by juniorsupporter on Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stand Strong
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Stand Strong »

I have seen 1 game pre season and even though it was early on it was only just before the season started and the reserves team were handed a hefty goal difference in that game as well. there was little organisation and the team as a whole was well under match fitness. It was as I said a trial game but played with intensity by one team at least.