MOTION OF NO CONFIDENCE IN THE FFSA WOMEN'S ADMIN

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

bambam
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

MOTION OF NO CONFIDENCE IN THE FFSA WOMEN'S ADMIN

Post by bambam »

As a result of a survey carried out, it identified that 95% of people associated with women's football e.g. clubs, players, parents and supporters were extremely unhappy with the FFSA Women's Football Administration Department.
Currently, a draft proposal of "a no-confindence motion" against the FFSA Women's Department is being developed.
A face book page is also being developed to obtain as much information regarding peoples concerns and the opportunity to put their ideas forward.
A section in the face book page will also have an area where you can place your particulars in support of the motion.
Please support this motion, otherwise the FFSA Administration Dept will continue to operate as they do now.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

WOMEN PARTICIPATION = MEN PARTICIPATION

GOVERNMENT GRANTS = MEN AND WOMEN 50/50

CLUBS FUNDING = MEN AND WOMEN 50/50

FIRSTLY, WE WILL BE STARTING WITH THE MOTION, THEN THE GOVERNMENT FUNDING DEPT & THEN ALL CLUBS.

GET ON BOARD AND SUPPORT WOMEN'S FOOTBALL INTO THE FUTURE.

Keep an eye out for further info.

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: MOTION OF NO CONFIDENCE IN THE FFSA WOMEN'S ADMIN

Post by scipio africanus »

Can you please provide a link to the results of this survey??

I'm aware of plenty of angst across the board in the women's game, (which lets be honest, has been present for a number of years), but 95% would be a tidal wave against the current administration if true.

I'm interested to know who conducted the survey and what was the sample population and amount of responses.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

:roll:

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Finally, someone has the fortitude to take on the FFSA and hold them accountable.

You can count me in the motion.

Fight on bambam

M@rvin
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by M@rvin »

I too would like to see the results of the survey.
Also what is the plan to replace the current administration?
Just the bosses or all staff?

More information please.
The goalkeeper is the jewel in the crown and getting at him should be almost impossible. It's the biggest sin in football to make him do any work.

George Graham

Kelticwolf
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Kelticwolf »

I totally agree it is a joke

bambam
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by bambam »

I can assure you this is not a joke.

Until the motion is drafted and completed it is inappropriate for me to make any further comments or answer any queries as it may jeopardise my action to make FFSA Admin accountable.

Kelticwolf
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Kelticwolf »

bambam wrote:I can assure you this is not a joke.

Until the motion is drafted and completed it is inappropriate for me to make any further comments or answer any queries as it may jeopardise my action to make FFSA Admin accountable.
Sorry I was agreeing with you I should have said the administration is a joke. Some of the decisions they have made are really laughable. All you have to do is look at the leagues they have chosen this year.

Rey Mysterio
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Rey Mysterio »

Every year at the same time these thoughts are presented by someone. I am not saying that the FFSA is without fault, very few of us are, however I am very interested to hear what you alternative would be and how you will fund this?

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

Rey Mysterio wrote:Every year at the same time these thoughts are presented by someone. I am not saying that the FFSA is without fault, very few of us are, however I am very interested to hear what you alternative would be and how you will fund this?
Simple accountability for consistently poor decisions would be a good start :D

I would like to see competition policy set by the clubs i.e. the actual stakeholders of the game, and the FFSA simply administer those rules, rather than be ignored and dictated to and putting up with inconsistencies. If mistakes are made, then the stakeholders can only blame themselves.

It's a model that I believe the most successful league in the world is based upon, the English Premier League. The Premier League is operated as a corporation and is owned by the 20 member clubs. Each club is a shareholder, with one vote each on issues such as rule changes and contracts. The clubs elect a chairman, chief executive, and board of directors to oversee the daily operations of the league.

I don't recommend we need to go as far as the clubs administering the league, that can be left to the FFSA with all their other roles, but the competition rules, should be set by the clubs and enforced by the FFSA. Clubs should also appoint the board as well.

Rey, too many good volunteers are walking away from the game (let alone players) after being fed up with smashing their heads against the wall.

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

Every year they seem to confuse us all even more. Some consistency cant be too much to ask for, surely?

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scipio africanus »

themagnet wrote:Every year they seem to confuse us all even more. Some consistency cant be too much to ask for, surely?
What are you on about???

They are consistent at being inconsistent ;)

JBJBJB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by JBJBJB »

Bambam , hardly think this can take traction without proof of survey and number of ppl, Interviewing 20 ppl doesn't constitute 95% of ppl in women's sport.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. of what?, please explain ? very hard to digest without having any facts.
You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Fuller

Trần Lệ Xuân
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Trần Lệ Xuân »

Nothing to do with me.

Possessionfootball
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Possessionfootball »

JB did you actually read the post as it said nothing about 20 people being surveyed
Maybe read it again

JBJBJB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by JBJBJB »

i was being sarcastic ! 95% of ppl of 20 people or 3000 people there is a difference -have been surveyed ?
Not sure who Bambam is but it does sound very personal to me. - Sad to hear, some things are improving for the betterment of women's football, as for improvement yes there is always room for more, like any developing competition it will have its issues.

Anyway my thoughts on it - not looking to argue just some balance to what has been said.

thanks.
― Richard Fuller

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

JBJBJB
You mentioned some things are improving.
Would be great if you could name a few so we are aware of the improvements.

JBJBJB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by JBJBJB »

• Better web / promotion of the sport for women
    New online team lists and functions to assist and make it easier for clubs admin
    Charity Cup day a good promotion of the game and benefit to clubs playing together - a good showcase
    Rule review and updating guidelines and procedures - in other words taking time to review and try to improve things , based on club input.
    Club input into league structure - was an improvement ( ppl may not agree with some things but clubs did vote for it )
    W league improvement and shows some players improving from previous years = a positive for the sport.
    Growing juniors and introduction of more SSG games, intro of lady birds and connecting with community- when you see 50 young ones playing and enjoying themselves learning about the sport, plus regional development.
    FFA curriculum progressing in clubs, my understanding is also all coaches in the Prems league are all C license plus - that's a big improvement
    Return of older players to game regardless of age
just some items off the top, looking in past wont help , looking forward will.

Still waiting for info Bambam?
― Richard Fuller

M@rvin
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by M@rvin »

Come on Bambam, post the results of the survey if there are any.
Who did you ask? You didnt ask me or any one that I have asked.
The goalkeeper is the jewel in the crown and getting at him should be almost impossible. It's the biggest sin in football to make him do any work.

George Graham

magicfootball1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by magicfootball1 »

It's a no show ! All puff and wind

bambam
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by bambam »

The proposed motion and survey is almost completed and will be posted on the forum by Monday 24/3/2014 or earlier.
Everyone are welcome to complete the survey and support the motion.

Playthewhistle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Playthewhistle »

Thought you said the survey had already been carried out? not that it was almost completed?

You cant make a statement like '95% of people associated with womens football' are extremly unhappy, when its really just 95% of the people you actually surveyed. My club has 60 womens players, 4 coaches, and obviously alot of parents and supporters to go with that and no one has completed a survey, or are extremly unhappy.

Cheersquad
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Cheersquad »

play the whistle, your club was one of the first to complete the survey!

Playthewhistle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Playthewhistle »

I doubt that! Look forward to seeing everything 'on the forum by Monday 24/3/2014 or earlier'

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

All power to you but the cronies will congregate around the FFSA and nothing will happen. They will get the chance (in priovate) to counter the survey results and the motion. You WILL NOT GT A CHANCE TO air your grievances.

If you look at past postings (uo to a decade ago when it was SAWSA) the same stuff happens.

Do like me.....leave and follow a properly run sport.

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

What I don't get is why someone doesn't just speak to SAASL about starting a competition...16 teams across all FFSA divisions are affiliated with SAASL Men's sides.

I think it's about time. Just leave elite competition to the FFSA (eg. Premier League / State League) who obviously can't handle organising more than 2 games a weekend and start a 4/5-division comp with SAASL.

Simples!

Please note however that SAASL will leave it up to a club to organise it's affairs and there is no one to run and cry to when things aren't going your way. It's football the way it's meant to be.

bambam
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by bambam »

As my previous survey was a personal one, I felt that it required an additional survey for all people who wish to participate and voice their opinions.
This Survey will close April 18th 2014.
Copy the following address https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9HNSHX5 and paste to the address in explorer and commence your survey.
The results will be published and transparent for all to see when concluded.
A motion of no confidence is currently being prepared.
Facebook to follow as well.

Sven
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Sven »

bambam wrote: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

WOMEN PARTICIPATION = MEN PARTICIPATION

GOVERNMENT GRANTS = MEN AND WOMEN 50/50

CLUBS FUNDING = MEN AND WOMEN 50/50
All for improving Womens football but some of the above is unrealistic. Are you trying to say is that there should be grant/funding equality based on a pro-rata of participation numbers?

bambam
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by bambam »

Survey update.
Since posting the survey yesterday, we have had an overwhelming response.
So far we have received great feedback with excellent suggestions/ides including constructive criticism. etc.
Great to see people are genuine about the future of Women's Football and have made the effort to participate in the survey.
Join in and have your say.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

BamBam
I have completed your survey and found it to be good.
However, I believe you could have raised more questions as there are other serious concerns in relation to the management of Women's Football within the FFSA.
For example: Why are the clubs allowing their best players to play for the NTC in the boys league and causing the Premier league to be second rate.
As a player, what incentive is their to play in the prems when you are not competing with all the best players.
You might as well play socially in the lower divisions.
I agree with snow white and let the clubs rule the game and the FFSA administer it.
If this continues more players will fall out of the game.
Just look at why young players between the ages of 14 to 16 are playing in the prems. It's not because they maybe outstanding players, but rather clubs falling short of players and forced to push them up to cover the players lost in the state Development.
There are now 4 teams of approx. 40-50 players out of the club system.
Well done FFSA, its great to see that you are investing your interest in the development squads while ignoring the clubs, players and future players.
BamBam I hope you succeed in your endeavours.
also still waiting for the motion by the way.