AUFC 1 - 2 SFC

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

General Ashnak
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

AUFC 1 - 2 SFC

Post by General Ashnak »

Good entertaining game. Ref tried to be Ben Williams and pretty much succeeded.

Girls should be bloody proud of that performance after they realised that SFC were nothing to fear.

Bubs is a bottle of shiraz legend, love the passion she plays with and forces on the rest of the team.

Who was 24? I didn't recognise her at all and she was destroying SFC until they niggled her out of the game.
"The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that its not just about football."

- Terry Pratchett, Unseen Academicals

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: AUFC 1 - 2 SFC

Post by Red-4-Life »

Not questioning their performance (as I couldnt go) or commitment etc etc but is that what, the 6th time now this season they have conceded a very late goal to drop points? Fix that problem up and they are a top 2 team without a doubt

General Ashnak
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by General Ashnak »

Was complete Fergie Time, though if Quigs had the legs she could have scored a hatty and it wouldn't have mattered anyway.
"The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that its not just about football."

- Terry Pratchett, Unseen Academicals

adam
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by adam »

Louise Mason (new signing) - Scotland

gunners01
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by gunners01 »

A new signing, so that must mean someones been dropped, any guesses had a quick look on the team sheet and didn't see a locals girls name on there xx :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

knobby26
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by knobby26 »

Mason had a good game carved up Sydneys young left back which rarely happens,anyone know on the news of her injury?What about the refeering and the very sofy decisoins.

knobby26
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by knobby26 »

thoughts of The Shores set up?Can someone tell me why clubrooms werent built in the middle instead of one end?But everything else looked good.

adam
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by adam »

Adelaide United: 1. Melissa BARBIERI (gk), 5. Jesse WHAREPOURI, 6. Laura STOCKDALE, 7. Rachael QUIGLEY, 8. Emily CONDON, 9. Lisa-Marie WOODS, 10. Monique IANNELLA, 12. Daila TAIS-BORG, 15. Jenna McCORMICK, 17. Tiarn POWELL, 18. Jessica NAGEL, 20. Kelly BARLTROP (gk), 21. Snez VELJANOVSKA 23. Kristy MOORE (c), Louise MASON

Ins: Jessica Nagel (promoted), Louise Mason (new signing)

Outs: Alexandra Gummer, Tegan Riding (omitted)

Unavailable: 2. Bianca Gray (knee - season), Isabel Hodgson (injury – season)

Neyma
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Neyma »

gunners01 wrote:A new signing, so that must mean someones been dropped, any guesses had a quick look on the team sheet and didn't see a locals girls name on there xx :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Iannella , McCormack, Moore, Quigley, Condon, Nagel. Barltropp . Looks like 7 local players on teamsheet. With season injuries both local with Hodgson and gray.

That argument standing to loose traction.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

Finals still possible- next week's Brisbane game a must win. Then if Brisbane loses to Melbourne, and we beat Newcastle on the 8th, we come 4th. Come on you Reds! I think I'm correct- someone point out if that's not right.

cg1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by cg1 »

juniorsupporter wrote:Finals still possible- next week's Brisbane game a must win. Then if Brisbane loses to Melbourne, and we beat Newcastle on the 8th, we come 4th. Come on you Reds! I think I'm correct- someone point out if that's not right.
JS I can't see finals possible unless Canberra drop lots of points.
Brisbane on 19 points after rd 10
Adelaide 11 pts after rd 10
Even two wins for Adel & 2 losses for Brisbane won't get Adel ahead unless I'm missing something.
If Canberra win tomorrow finals out of reach.
Last edited by cg1 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

Sorry- you're right CG- I was looking at the table which hasn't been updated from last week. Oh well. There's no denying that this Season is a marked improvement over last. Hopefully RA will stick around for another season and the program will pick up steam. It's in everyone's best interest to have the program moving forward and gaining respect in the league.

QuantoQuesta
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by QuantoQuesta »

Most important is that Bubs sticks around!!!

the single biggest difference this year compared to ALL other seasons is that The Lady reds have had a decent keeper. I'd say she has been worth 3 or 4 goals every game this year and if it wasn't for her this season would have been the same as every other one!

No disrespect to KH, SMc etc but MB is a class or two above them both in terms of some of the great saves she pulls off but most importantly the lack of stupid mistakes made..

And just think DE could have signed her two seasons ago.. What an idiot!

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

QuantoQuesta wrote:Most important is that Bubs sticks around!!!

the single biggest difference this year compared to ALL other seasons is that The Lady reds have had a decent keeper. I'd say she has been worth 3 or 4 goals every game this year and if it wasn't for her this season would have been the same as every other one!

No disrespect to KH, SMc etc but MB is a class or two above them both in terms of some of the great saves she pulls off but most importantly the lack of stupid mistakes made..

Absolutely agree QQ. And it's not just the difference she has made between the posts, but the extra leadership she provides on the pitch can't be undersold. The way she has been able to keep her defenders organised has been outstanding.

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

QuantoQuesta wrote:Most important is that Bubs sticks around!!!

QQ, you were DE's number 1 supporter in the day, now the guy is an 'idiot' ... :roll:

This forum never ceases to amaze me.