V. Canberra

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

V. Canberra

Post by juniorsupporter »

Excellent. Well done girls. Many fine performances. Stuck in until the end. Congratulations. Hard work clearly paying off.

adam
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: V. Canberra

Post by adam »

yes well done!!!

very good first half... very gutsy second half...

some photos - http://fb.me/38N9iNraU

BillShankly
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BillShankly »

very impressed with the team today, played with great structure and were defensively rock solid.

Woods was exceptional in midfield.
McCormick keeps on developing into a fantastic central defender

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

BillShankly wrote:very impressed with the team today, played with great structure and were defensively rock solid.

Woods was exceptional in midfield.
McCormick keeps on developing into a fantastic central defender
+ 1, McCormick was fantastic, didn't give Heyman an inch

QuantoQuesta
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by QuantoQuesta »

Great performance!

No surprise that it coincided with more of our local youngsters finally getting a game - Jess W, Moni and Emily were outstanding!

gunners01
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by gunners01 »

Couldn't agree more, what an amazing win and seeing so many SA players Jess and Moni were awesome they deserve to start every week, fitness was amazing, Emily was ok but struggled but still great experience for such a young player she can take so mu2ch out of this game I'm glad she had a run :lol:

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ginger Pele »

Was an excellent performance y/day with all the girls playing for the shirt.. A deserved 2-0 scoreline going in to the break and could have been more.. 2nd half a touch scrappier but I felt that was by design as Ross looked to have changed the formation by dropping Moore back and condensing and narrowing the play giving Canberra no time to settle and get in to there stride.

Barbieri was a rock and her communication skills are worth an extra player as she was always talking to and marshalling her defence to put them at ease. The thing I noticed the most though was that the attitude and the focus of the girls was spot on. Ross has brought in a really professional ethos into the group and they are responding to this.

There are some really good people around Womens and Girls football and there are some wonderful players coming through the Pathway and at clubs so there is much to look forward to and with the culture that is slowly moving in to the womens game coming through Ross and the many under him then we have a bright future ahead for the Women and Girls of this State that love playing the game...

Well played, Well Coached and Well Done!!!

grandparent
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by grandparent »

Must say I was very impressed with the result, did not see the game but over the last 3 matches beating the 2nd and 3rd place sides and only just going down to the top side in the dying moments of the game things are starting to look good for women's soccer in this state. Keep up the good work ladies and well done and congratulations to RA and his staff.

thewabster
Star Player
Star Player

Post by thewabster »

Got to say.. but I knew with quality coaching not only Ross, but with Joel Porter and Paul Pezos, things would move forward. You would have also noticed that behind Ross, a guy was operating a lap top and game controller. This was linked wirelessly to a panning video camera on top a telescopic pole. Ross taped the game yesterday (and the quality is briliant). Ross will use this digital taped game and Im sure will have reviewed it by now and I would think that one of sessions this week will be a review session for the girls. The guy taping the game has developed this system on his own and is associated with West Adelaide. There is nothing like this in Australia and this state is lucky to have access to this sort of technology.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

I have seen a similar system being used with NTC boys (may in fact be the same guy?) Many thanks to those from the men's game who are making same resources available to the women's game. Thanks to those who are putting their efforts in. Greatly appreciated by all of us.

It is one game. I think what's happening with the W-League side shows what positive things can come when a variety people lend their talents to struggling programs. Hopefully it will continue.

cg1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by cg1 »

thewabster wrote:Got to say.. but I knew with quality coaching not only Ross, but with Joel Porter and Paul Pezos, things would move forward. You would have also noticed that behind Ross, a guy was operating a lap top and game controller. This was linked wirelessly to a panning video camera on top a telescopic pole. Ross taped the game yesterday (and the quality is briliant). Ross will use this digital taped game and Im sure will have reviewed it by now and I would think that one of sessions this week will be a review session for the girls. The guy taping the game has developed this system on his own and is associated with West Adelaide. There is nothing like this in Australia and this state is lucky to have access to this sort of technology.
Interesting on the video…??
Speaking of advances - Metro Prem Women will be using a drone helicopter for direct overhead view with real time video downlink to monitors the coaches will have to assist in training, evaluating and modifying their attacking and defending structures in training and trials. Sessions will be recorded and played back to the players for educating and analysing.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Awesome stuff! Would be sitting 2nd if those late points were held on to but that's the way it is and it is 1000x better than any previous season. WSW a very winnable game again this weekend