Lady Reds vs Roar

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Lady Reds vs Roar

Post by Red-4-Life »

1-0 win on the road. Di Bartolo scored in the 73rd minute to seal the points. 7 points so far, could have had a few more if it weren't for conceding late to WSW and Perth. But no doubt the team is much improved under Ross and finals may be in the picture if this form is kept up. Lets hope he can keep the squad together without losing too many players.

JBJBJB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Lady Reds vs Roar

Post by JBJBJB »

tough game but a win is a win. Girls held on and made history :)
You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Fuller

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

Yes- fantastic result. Well done girls. Congratulations Dani.

thewabster
Star Player
Star Player

Post by thewabster »

well done to Ross and the girls and his coaching staff ...

Great win against a team full of internationals that included a German international of long standing...

gunners01
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by gunners01 »

Well done Lady Reds, Congrats Dani -Wasn't always pretty 2 watch but that's soccer, all that matters is that we held out and got the win :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

grandparent
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by grandparent »

The stats said one thing but the result said
something else
Great result for Adelaide well done to Ross and
the girls and this may just make people take notice.

Mika Matsudaira
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Mika Matsudaira »

grandparent wrote:The stats said one thing but the result said something else
There's only one stat that matters.
There's no paper in the ladies room

grandparent
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by grandparent »

totally agree with that its the final score that counts

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

Apparently our 6th win in 56 attempts and there's still a few "but"s on here...enjoy the win people! Angerer is short listed for Fifa s world player of the year for crying out loud!

BillShankly
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BillShankly »

great win, hard work is paying off

QuantoQuesta
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by QuantoQuesta »

AMAZING result!

Best win ever in Lady Reds history, record points haul already, just fantastic.

I am now totally expecting to smash The Lady Tards next week.

So much for our girls fitness not being up to it etc. Smashed the Matildas basically today YEY LOVE IT

fossil
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by fossil »

QuantoQuesta wrote:AMAZING result!

So much for our girls fitness not being up to it etc. Smashed the Matildas basically today YEY LOVE IT
well done girls lets hope they can get to play against 10 week, it wasn't pretty but the wins the win and Ross will have a massive list of things to fix in the coming weeks and winning while playing ugly can be crossed off.

Princess Fiona
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Princess Fiona »

Congrats to Lady Reds on away win!

Embarrassing 'dive' from Reds Captain Moore in box to get Roar down to 10 though
Need to work on it at training a bit :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0do5xlE9C_A

Sending long balls and playing ugly against 10 can be ticked off Aloisi bucket list

Well done again on away win, hard to get

thewabster
Star Player
Star Player

Post by thewabster »

Adel Utd did the same thing against CCM on Staurday and played balls over the top whenthje space was there.

lets be honest here...Ross can only work with what he has got.

First time I have seen agame this year and apart from 3-4, there are a number of girls that need to trim down and u cant play a passing pressing game and be mobile with such a difference in size.

brisbane players were all trim taut and athletic, so no real excuses.

Ross played a great game plan and counter attacking game. If only Adelaide had 6-7 players like Moore they would be right up there.

Great game by Barbieri by theway.

gunners01
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by gunners01 »

I couldn't agree more, I thought Melissa and Kristy were amazing, our defence alittle raw round the edges - but they got the job done, Brisbane girls did look very athletic but 10 players in that heat proved to much for them. Kristy you've been watching yr Man utd team 2 much going down in the penalty box like that lol xxxx :lol: :lol: :lol:

Black_Panther
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Black_Panther »

Congratulations to the Lady Reds, that's a great result against one of the traditional powerhouses of the womens game.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. That's why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Princess Fiona
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Princess Fiona »

thewabster wrote:Adel Utd did the same thing against CCM on Staurday and played balls over the top whenthje space was there.

lets be honest here...Ross can only work with what he has got.

First time I have seen agame this year and apart from 3-4, there are a number of girls that need to trim down and u cant play a passing pressing game and be mobile with such a difference in size.

brisbane players were all trim taut and athletic, so no real excuses.

Ross played a great game plan and counter attacking game. If only Adelaide had 6-7 players like Moore they would be right up there.

Great game by Barbieri by theway.
Really :shock: didn't seem a great game plan against 10 to me but each to their own
take the win 8)
thewabster wrote:Ross will change the style and u will find that:

All play from the keeper will be from that back, in a number of ways
Ross will find ways of breaking defences
Must have decided the long ball was the way of breaking the Roars defences :wink:

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

QuantoQuesta wrote:AMAZING result!

You're joking right? We looked 2 steps off the pace for the whole game. 'Smashed the Matildas'!?!? We were lucky Bubs was on her game and was able to hold Brisbane goal less. KM probably the only player that looks up to the pace, I don't think one AU player was able to out run their opponent. We struggled big time in the last 10-20 minutes and resorted to hoofing the ball long to empty space rather than trying to hold the ball. Brisbane looked the more likely to score in the second half, Russo (?) looked impressive, and we were just lucky Gory's radar was off target.

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

Congratulations on an excellent win.

re: beating a tema of Matildas. Hence why the Matildas didn't make the last Womens WC.

Watched the game and as much as I wanted to watch the turn overs and lack of intensity from both sides was a turn off. As with all women's football teams, a sprinkling of good players is outweighed by many that are not. Sloppy tackles. Poor passes. Poor one touch and ball control was a major elelment throughout the game. Has not improved. I mean watching a ball bounce off a players foot after she receives a pass is (at W League level) is omniprescent however, unacceptable. Until this is fixed then it show a very broad lack of skill and ability.

End of the day, if I take the game on its merits and as indicative of the W League then it was brilliant.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

KM smartest player out there- got the penalty- arguably won the game for them as I think the outcome would probably have been different had Brisbane not been a player down. Fine effort from all the girls. Great for their confidence not doubt. Hopefully they can keep the momentum going.
Last edited by juniorsupporter on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gunners01
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by gunners01 »

Don't understand the long ball, when ffsa only like u playing frm the back, and we did make school girl errors JM kicking it right across goal, we were lucky they only had 10 players and I agree 1 touch passes were terrible. Kristy is the backbone of the team she can cover many positions, her fitness is amazing I hope she stays with the reds next year, would of liked 2 see JWaterhouse she would of had a lot 2 prove 2 Brisbanes Coach Belinda but again fitness is a problem. But lets take the win move on and hopefully learn from our mistakes, Well done Girls xxxx :lol: :lol:

General Ashnak
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by General Ashnak »

Fitness is always going to be of concern in an amateur competition.
"The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that its not just about football."

- Terry Pratchett, Unseen Academicals

gunners01
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by gunners01 »

A coach always says football is always about what u do off the ball, as well as on the ball- That's where the Lady Reds go wrong our lot seem to be catching there breath :lol: :lol: :lol: