Lady reds

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Lady reds

Post by paul merson »

Didn't they win today?

Do you guys only jump on here to rubbish them?

Congrats lady reds

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Lady reds

Post by juniorsupporter »

Agreed- 3-1 victory. Well deserved. Good job girls!

Mika Matsudaira
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Mika Matsudaira »

paul merson wrote:Didn't they win today?
Do you guys only jump on here to rubbish them?
Congrats lady reds
Well said.
There's no paper in the ladies room

gunners01
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by gunners01 »

I should think they should of won they played bottom of the table, team full of interstaters ummmm no I'm not excited yet, maybe when they play some of the top teams :lol: :lol: :lol:

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

gunners01 wrote:I should think they should of won they played bottom of the table, team full of interstaters ummmm no I'm not excited yet, maybe when they play some of the top teams :lol: :lol: :lol:
Haha whinge when they lose, whinge when they win, it's hard to understand why women's football struggles to move forward here

Die Toten Hosen
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Die Toten Hosen »

paul merson wrote:Haha whinge when they lose, whinge when they win, it's hard to understand why women's football struggles to move forward here
It's not limited to women's football.
Lesbische, schwarze behinderte sind alle furchtbar nett.

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

Die Toten Hosen wrote:
paul merson wrote:Haha whinge when they lose, whinge when they win, it's hard to understand why women's football struggles to move forward here
It's not limited to women's football.
Too true

gunners01
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by gunners01 »

I'm getting annoyed with RA continued rant about the girls still being unfit, I'm sorry but I can't c any of our SA girls unfit. The coaches in the prems comp. do a superb job on fitness, and these rants from Ross is reflecting badly on the coaches, Maybe Ross u should name and shamE these players my bet is that there all the interstaters not OUR GIRLS :lol: :lol: :lol:

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Well done girls

General Ashnak
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by General Ashnak »

Once again at the game, excellent game over all by our women. They have finally started to bed down the game that Ross has wanted them playing. Our defenders (other than 1 mistake that led to a goal) were brilliant. Bubs is in another level with her direction of her team, her reactions and her distribution.

Woods is one of the most industrious players I have had the pleasure to watch - I just wish it was her and Bianca holding our midfield together :( I hope Bianca makes a complete recovery and comes back at least the player she has been.

Also an excellent shift from (mental blank 13, Powell?) at CF, she had an excellent game and created her own rewards.

Special mention must go to our number 10 who was the first player I have seen match the drive and intensity of Moore, constantly making excellent runs down her wing and putting the NJ defenders under pressure hemming them back into their half.

One final thing, what a joy it was to hear Ross and Bubs spend the last 20 odd minutes berating our players to not make fouls, to keep the ball, to make space for each other and to continue to strive to score.

Finally we have a real AUFC out on the park.
"The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that its not just about football."

- Terry Pratchett, Unseen Academicals

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

Well done on the win. I think the team is sick of losing. (understatement I know). Lets keep winning.

Re: fitness. If you fourmites think prem league fitness is adequate at national league level then I'm flabergasted. Then again if prema fitness at W-League level...then I'm flabergated.

I'm flabergated (my new word of the week).

In any case excellent result.

gunners01 wrote:I'm getting annoyed with RA continued rant about the girls still being unfit, I'm sorry but I can't c any of our SA girls unfit. The coaches in the prems comp. do a superb job on fitness, and these rants from Ross is reflecting badly on the coaches, Maybe Ross u should name and shamE these players my bet is that there all the interstaters not OUR GIRLS :lol: :lol: :lol:

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

+1 SG.

JBJBJB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by JBJBJB »

Some useful info on the Lady reds game.
You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Fuller

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

I'd like to compare those stats to the previous seasons...looks impressive. A shame they conceded late in round 1, lets hope that doesn't have too much to say with where they end up. Finals may be a real possibility if they stay focused, which no doubt Aloisi will make sure happens

JBJBJB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by JBJBJB »

i don't have the complete stats. I'd say possession looks better, but that seems to be a bad word at the moment with some AUFC supporters. I guess the first step is to keep off the bottom and work our way up. 1 game at a time, if we can get similar possession each week we will be consistent. Fitness does play a part (Gunners) the girls need to improve on this more so and it showed in the second half-facts/stats. maybe 60min to 65min mark of intensity then a fade away( certainly saw that in the stats analysis as for a while there Newcastle were ahead of the reds.
It will come i hope and towards the end have some cracker games to watch. Good to see Moore share the ball in box, she created chances and assisted the goals, id like to see her score one for the effort she puts in each week :) deserves a goal!
You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Fuller

terryball
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by terryball »

get some mongrel in ya and shut em all up,score more goals than them you win,
cant do much more,good luck is made not given, so good luck for the rest
of the season and lets ave em

QuantoQuesta
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by QuantoQuesta »

Is this weeks game vs Perth the first real test for the Lady Reds?

WSW have had terrible injuries all season and missing 6/7 key players.
Victory were coached by DE - awful, enough said.
Jets, well they look unlikely to get any points all season and have apparently selected their NTC squad as their W League team?? (good idea for development but means a tough year this year...)
Perth have a good coach, Jamie Harnwell and some good players, McCallum, Gill, Andrews, Tabain, Sandvej... I'd expect them to be the first finals team that we will have played so could be a good test of where we are at?

gunners01
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by gunners01 »

Wow what a great idea from jets selecting all there local NTC players in a few years there be the team to watch - a pity Lady Reds don't do the same. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stitch This
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Stitch This »

gunners01 wrote:Wow what a great idea from jets selecting all there local NTC players in a few years there be the team to watch - a pity Lady Reds don't do the same. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe Arsenal should try playing their academy squad in the EPL?
Time for some righteous indignation

gunners01
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by gunners01 »

Actually if u ever watch the EPL they do in the FA cup rounds AND THE community Shield 2 bring all the youngers on and give them the experience of the faster football. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

Half time

Perth 0 Lady Reds 0

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

Perth 1 ('89) Lady Reds 0

nanstar
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by nanstar »

Loving the Lady Reds improvement this year so far. However I'd love to see them improve on that trend they have to concede a goal around 90 minutes. It's happened 3 out of four matches so far this year.Mental and physical focus required. I hope RA is working on this. I'm behind them all the way.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Improving but still 1-2 seasons away from being a top 4 finals contender

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Once again, a goal conceded in the last 5 minutes. That's the 3rd time this season costing them 4 points (2 vs WSW, 1 vs PG and 1 today vs MV). I think this'll be the difference in them and the top 4 this season

gunners01
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by gunners01 »

Yes couldn't agree more- obviously fitness is a HUGE issue and its sad 2 say we've only won games where the other team has 10 players and full of youngers (ntc) and a team fielding there reserve squad- does not look good on paper- have they improved since last year NO they have a long way 2 go- but only half way through the season so lets hope 4 improvement, would like 2 see Waterhouse and Ionnela get in the starting squad as these girls r talented :lol: :lol:

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

gunners01 wrote:Yes couldn't agree more- obviously fitness is a HUGE issue and its sad 2 say we've only won games where the other team has 10 players and full of youngers (ntc) and a team fielding there reserve squad- does not look good on paper- have they improved since last year NO they have a long way 2 go- but only half way through the season so lets hope 4 improvement, would like 2 see Waterhouse and Ionnela get in the starting squad as these girls r talented :lol: :lol:
I actually disagree.

Firstly I think the team has made considerable improvement from the debacle of DE reign.

Last season the lady reds recorded the worst ever defensive result in the history of the league. This year has seen a sharp improvement.

4 months ago the fitness excuse was legitimate but I don't understand how after 4 months of intense training multiple times a week, why the players aren't now up to required levels?? 4 months under the right regime should be enough time to have gotten the players up and running, literally.

RA has the team well organized, especially given the team really didn't come together until September.

By sounds of it, victory dominated yesterday. I think conceding late goals is more the result of sustained pressure from the opposition rather than just a physical issue.

I've got no issue with playing to your strengths, but when u sit back deep in your own half, and play on tight on the counter, you need to be able to absorb alot of pressure. Even against 10 man Brisbane we sat back and it worked, but against the top teams with 11 players its obviously tough to do it successfully every game.

RA needs to be re-appointed now so the base of this team can be retained for next season. The usual huge turn over each year is a killer to the team. Personally, I would like to see more local content to the team, as I find it a bit hard to relate to the team, which is dominated by interstates and internationals, but getting respectable results is the first step in right direction. To ask anything more of RA upfront with limited preparation would be unreasonable.

Princess Fiona
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Princess Fiona »

Tough luck for the Lady Reds.
Listened to the call on the game and fantastic effort holding out the Victory star studded side....so close to getting more points & away from home too.
DE would have been stressing not scoring.
Well done to the team - great effort!

Two points often mentioned from the call:
"Game played in one half" - Adelaide's half that is &
"Adelaide counter attack with long balls"

Not sure what's happened to Reds "now for the first time in 5 years have a clear vision & philosophy how to play" it's not curriculum possession based play & attack
It's clearly park the team bus in front of goals and counter attack with long balls as necessary

It's working, keep it up, heading for best ever finish!

Another observation
Ross's continual blame of the players lack of fitness is very clever.
First & foremost it's never RA fault for loss or how team plays, they aren't fit enough to play & sustain what he wants.
In fact further credit it's usually not the players fault either that they aren't fit enough. With 10 of the starting 11 either playing majority of their regular season overseas or interstate that's a lot of coaches & teams to pass the buck at for players lack of fitness.
Clever.

RA proving to be a great coaching choice. Lady Reds always needed someone with coaching smarts who will put their reputation ahead of curriculum to win games & be competitive.
Park the bus, long balls, play out from back, possession football…play what is needed, keep it going Lady Reds, finals are possible

gunners01
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by gunners01 »

Well obviously u must be from para-hills if u think the long ball is football, that's not FOOTBALL using all yr players INCLUDING MIDFIELD if u don't have 11 fit players u will not win, playing in yr own half is very dangerous don't see the logic in it, we don't create enough (APART FROM KRISTY) if girls cant perform for 90+ minutes they shouldn't be playing at this level - THIS IS W-LEAGUE not prems, Ross has been spoilt this season with bigger budgets his own team of coaches he doesn't have 2 answer 2 ffsa, DE didn't have this but he created more then we have this season, watch the games again, Ross coaches boring football :lol: 8) 8)

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Is there a 12-step program for emoticon addiction?