New lady reds Coach

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

New lady reds Coach

Post by John Cena »

Any goss going around about who might be the next coach

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Re: New lady reds Coach

Post by Paleon Patros Germanos »

John Kosmina
Agia Lavra 1821!

Easy Tiger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Easy Tiger »

Are they looking for one or are they waiting for August? Who is in charge of women's football right now?

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

Easy Tiger wrote:Are they looking for one or are they waiting for August? Who is in charge of women's football right now?
August??? That would be too early too appoint ;)

I'm assuming DE's assistant and coach of the FFSA u/15's would be running the show at the moment.

southern
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by southern »

snow white wrote:
Easy Tiger wrote:Are they looking for one or are they waiting for August? Who is in charge of women's football right now?
August??? That would be too early too appoint ;)

I'm assuming DE's assistant and coach of the FFSA u/15's would be running the show at the moment.
you would hope not...

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

Don't think there's a show to run quite yet.

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scipio africanus »

juniorsupporter wrote:Don't think there's a show to run quite yet.
Lets be honest here, whoever gets the job will need every day they can get, to begin to turn things around. Contrary to what some may believe, DE has left little in positive legacy. Half the squad needs to be rebuilt as I can't see any bar one of the interstate and international girls returning and I would imagine some of the local players will also decline the chance to go through it again.

Time is of the essence ... Appointment needs to be done by march, otherwise we start to repeat the same mistakes again (and again).

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

I agree with your timeframe, not only for the Lady Reds, but the NTC program-

M@rvin
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by M@rvin »

Now end of July, still no news of a coach.
The goalkeeper is the jewel in the crown and getting at him should be almost impossible. It's the biggest sin in football to make him do any work.

George Graham

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

scipio africanus wrote:
juniorsupporter wrote:Don't think there's a show to run quite yet.
Lets be honest here, whoever gets the job will need every day they can get, to begin to turn things around. Contrary to what some may believe, DE has left little in positive legacy. Half the squad needs to be rebuilt as I can't see any bar one of the interstate and international girls returning and I would imagine some of the local players will also decline the chance to go through it again.

Time is of the essence ... Appointment needs to be done by march, otherwise we start to repeat the same mistakes again (and again).
BUMP ... its now just about August :roll:

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

Too early. I think it shold occur in the week leading up to the comp starting. The way SA is treating the comp they should be left out until they get their S%^T together.

Sad SA Sad. And they say I'm all about the negative. How about giving me something to cheer about?

M@rvin wrote:Now end of July, still no news of a coach.

3lionsonashirt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by 3lionsonashirt »

They should be appointing someone that hasnt seen much of the SA girls and judge them off what they see, because in previous years its been based on a who you know basis IMO.

should be picking girls with experience and willing to put themselves about the pitch. not off who your best mates with. this is probably the reason its not gone so well in the past. :roll:

but personally hope the lady reds can turn it around soon because we have alot of talent in this state and just have to find the right coach. :D

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

3lionsonashirt wrote:They should be appointing someone that hasnt seen much of the SA girls and judge them off what they see, because in previous years its been based on a who you know basis IMO.

should be picking girls with experience and willing to put themselves about the pitch. not off who your best mates with. this is probably the reason its not gone so well in the past. :roll:

but personally hope the lady reds can turn it around soon because we have alot of talent in this state and just have to find the right coach. :D
Dave was from NZ so not sure how much further removed the coach needs to be!

3lionsonashirt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by 3lionsonashirt »

Lucas Leiva wrote:
3lionsonashirt wrote:They should be appointing someone that hasnt seen much of the SA girls and judge them off what they see, because in previous years its been based on a who you know basis IMO.

Dave was from NZ so not sure how much further removed the coach needs to be!
But he was a shocking coach, I saw what he did in some of the trial sessions with the girls and how he picked the girls from that I have no idea.

You cant pick a team off there talent in training drills. They needs to be playing trial games and putting themselves in game situations. Otherwise they are just passing to cones, which will get you nowhere

Unretired
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Unretired »

My Opinion is it doesnt matter who coaches, if they dont spend the big money on securing decent international players to boost our own SA talent then they will fail again...
How can Brisbane roar secure the number one goalie in Germany but Adelaide can only get New Zealanders. We couldnt even secure the Matildas goalie for 10 grand, so how can we be competitive if we dont spend the money...cut expenses else where... Surely we can do with out an assistant coach...for a year or two... There are people out there who would gladly give up their time to help out for no money at all...

guess_who
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by guess_who »

Retired wrote:My Opinion is it doesnt matter who coaches, if they dont spend the big money on securing decent international players to boost our own SA talent then they will fail again...
How can Brisbane roar secure the number one goalie in Germany but Adelaide can only get New Zealanders. We couldnt even secure the Matildas goalie for 10 grand, so how can we be competitive if we dont spend the money...cut expenses else where... Surely we can do with out an assistant coach...for a year or two... There are people out there who would gladly give up their time to help out for no money at all...
Of course it matters who the coach is. The way Dave carried on at some of the games was terrible. We could only get New Zealanders because of Dave's influence and its probably a cheaper option. I would say Brisbane could secure a decent keeper because they have results to show for for the past 5 or so years. Yeah money talks but it wouldn't surprise me if one of the roar girls knows her or is somehow a link back to aus. Cutting officials is a joke. If you ask people to volunteer ull only get parents of the girls and that's not on.

Unretired
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Unretired »

If your looking for money for better imports then where you going to get it from....The girls get nothing at all. So you cant take it from them..So you have to look at the officials...what does an assistant coach do anyway...last year they had no Physio except at games.. where else can you cut it from..

and yes Im sure Tamika Butt knows the german keeper after playing with her this season but im sure she wouldnt be coming over for the fun of it...they would have had to pay enough for her to come..

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

Retired wrote:My Opinion is it doesnt matter who coaches, if they dont spend the big money on securing decent international players to boost our own SA talent then they will fail again...
Yeah, they've got people lining up to volunteer their time, beating them off with sticks.
Dream on. The Lady Reds are like any other low profile, semi-pro (read amature) womens sporting organisation, would gladly accept more help if it was offered. But volunteers are few and far between.
But please, tell these people you know who would glady give up their time for no renumeration to get in touch, FFSA would love to hear from them.

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

themagnet wrote:
Yeah, they've got people lining up to volunteer their time, beating them off with sticks.
Dream on. The Lady Reds are like any other low profile, semi-pro (read amature) womens sporting organisation, would gladly accept more help if it was offered. But volunteers are few and far between.
But please, tell these people you know who would glady give up their time for no renumeration to get in touch, FFSA would love to hear from them.
I beg to differ.

If the FFSA just asked, I'm confident senior coaches would step up to help/assist and ask for nothing in return.

Unretired
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Unretired »

pretty sure if they advertised...they would get lots of people to help out...there are volunteers sites that you can advertise on.

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

How many seasons before the comp is reduced to a one month round robin tournament....

here we go
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by here we go »

It's only a matter of time unfortunately!!

M@rvin
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by M@rvin »

As there is no news from FFSA, how about this.

The NTC coach will coach the Lady Reds.
No player trials this year as most of the team will be from the NTC squad with selected Prem/Reserve players to make up the rest.
The goalkeeper is the jewel in the crown and getting at him should be almost impossible. It's the biggest sin in football to make him do any work.

George Graham

snow white
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by snow white »

M@rvin wrote:As there is no news from FFSA, how about this.

The NTC coach will coach the Lady Reds.
No player trials this year as most of the team will be from the NTC squad with selected Prem/Reserve players to make up the rest.
Would be logical outcome this close to the season and no successor in sight, but one problem is that W League coaches must be Asia A license or equivalent qualified.

Not sure if GH has the right coaching accreditations yet, unless of course FFSA gets dispensation from FFA.

In the past, dispensation has been given to those at least enrolled in the A course.

corona
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by corona »

new coach Ross Alosis ????? :wink: