Adel City Women Coaches Not Coaching Next Year

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Adel City Women Coaches Not Coaching Next Year

Post by sportsbird »

heard the reserves and under 17 coaches not coaching next year
also heard a coach from the under 15 is leaving to coach the first team at campbelltown
I wonder what is happening at adelaide city?????

Super_Trooper
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Adel City Women Coaches Not Coaching Next Year

Post by Super_Trooper »

Coaches come and go from clubs all the time regardless if it's Adelaide City, Cumberland, Sturt Marion or whoever!

I have coached womens football for many years at a junior and senior level and have found the rarely are their coaches that stay within the same position for any longer than a year or two with some exceptions... Sometimes they are unhappy at how things have run at the club, they dont like the players or team but sometimes they just receive better opportunities elsewhere which they'd be silly to give up!

Unsure what the reasons are behind the U17 and Reserves coach not returning in 2013 but for the U15 coach to be offered a First Team coaching spot at Campbelltown - well thats a great opportunity so why not take it!!!!

Cumberland posted a few days ago that they were seeking coaches does that mean they are having a crisis too!?!?

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

I think City is always the litmus test.....If they have problems then we shodul all be concerned.

Unfortunately womens soccer had its day n the sun and once these people move on there are many gaps left behind....Hard to fill.

Unfortunate but true.

Easy Tiger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Easy Tiger »

sportsbird wrote:heard the reserves and under 17 coaches not coaching next year
also heard a coach from the under 15 is leaving to coach the first team at campbelltown
I wonder what is happening at adelaide city?????
They will probably go to Uni LOL
Isn't it normal tho? Every club I played for it was like that, coaches come and go.
Big deal!

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

SAD GAL wrote:I think City is always the litmus test.....If they have problems then we shodul all be concerned.

Unfortunately womens soccer had its day n the sun and once these people move on there are many gaps left behind....Hard to fill.

Unfortunate but true.
When did women's football have its day in the sun?!

Fitz
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Fitz »

Lucas Leiva wrote:
SAD GAL wrote:I think City is always the litmus test.....If they have problems then we shodul all be concerned.

Unfortunate but true.
When did women's football have its day in the sun?!
this
ImageImageImage

BEN9
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by BEN9 »

Sturt Marion Women’s Soccer Club is pleased to announce that 2012 Adelaide City Reserve coach Tony Mansuetto will be assisting senior coach Tom Ballantyne and be in charge of the Reserve team for 2013.

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

That's good news for Sturt-

But ben9, are you sure that there aren't any other threads you can post that on? You've only managed 3...I'm sure you could work it in somewhere else! :D

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

The day in the sun was probabaly 2001-2005

In my opinion