RND 4 Adelaide Vs Brisbane

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

M@rvin
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

RND 4 Adelaide Vs Brisbane

Post by M@rvin »

The next game is at Burton Park KO @ 1600.
How will they go against Brisbane :?:
The goalkeeper is the jewel in the crown and getting at him should be almost impossible. It's the biggest sin in football to make him do any work.

George Graham

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: RND 4 Adelaide Vs Brisbane

Post by Red-4-Life »

Casey Dumont suspended for Brisbane so that helps Adelaide a bit. I really think Adelaide can pull off an upset if they play like they did against Perth and just work on a few basic things. Hopefully theres a good turnout as well!

Super_Trooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Super_Trooper »

I like the Brisbane strip - very pretty! Might need to add one to my collection! :D

Even with Dumont out Brisbane still have Butt, Popovic, Burgess, Cannuli and my all time favourite ranga inthe world POLKINGHORNE..... Amazing team!!!

There are lots of positives to take not only from vs Perth but all the games this season. Defence cannot let the loose attacking players thru and I hope we still try to play some strong attacking football. This game in particular our midfield will need to stand up and take hold of the game from the start.... Maybe a goal could be to not concede in the first 10 mins!?!?

Would be hard to get the Win but hey we're on home turf and we do seem to have a new found confidence.. Who knows - This game will show where we really stand in the competition!!

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Super_Trooper wrote: Even with Dumont out Brisbane still have Butt, Popovic, Burgess, Cannuli and my all time favourite ranga inthe world POLKINGHORNE..... Amazing team!!!
Way to shatter my dreams of seeing a win :( :P

BEN9
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by BEN9 »

The next game is at Burton Park KO @ 1600.
How will they go against Brisbane

More importantly
WHO will go?

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

The Red Terrace will be there, well whoever can make it. We'll add some noise and colour to the ground with chants, banners and flags. The girls deserve our support :D

Gazelle
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Gazelle »

I think it was a big mistake to put the game on at this location. Whoever organised venues needs to rethink using Burton Park for next season.
Gazelle

TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC »

im a greek, and today is 8th 11 2011

and my ass is still sore, ouch!
RADIO LALASEMENO
http://www.lalasemeno.gr

this has just changed my life............above link

dont use my name..

What has 100 legs & 4 teeth? The front row of the Collingwood cheer squad

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

Gazelle wrote:I think it was a big mistake to put the game on at this location. Whoever organised venues needs to rethink using Burton Park for next season.
FFSA controlling AU were always going to use their own ground instead of forking out more money each week to hire another ground, this way they may actually recoup some of their expenses rather than lose even more money using the likes of Hindmarsh.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Gazelle wrote:I think it was a big mistake to put the game on at this location. Whoever organised venues needs to rethink using Burton Park for next season.
Agreed, it is out of the way for so many people who want to watch the girls and because of this they probably wont go. Convenient for those who live in the northern suburbs though!

Gazelle
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Gazelle »

Paul, it may save the FFSA money, but if they only get 20% of the crowd out there, isn't it counterproductive for the development of the sport??

Think of the young kids and families. They're not likely to go so far to watch a game of women's football.
Gazelle

Super_Trooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Super_Trooper »

SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN...!!!!

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

Gazelle wrote:Paul, it may save the FFSA money, but if they only get 20% of the crowd out there, isn't it counterproductive for the development of the sport??

Think of the young kids and families. They're not likely to go so far to watch a game of women's football.
I didnt say it was right I just answered your post as to why they would have done it.

BlackBrian_7
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BlackBrian_7 »

Does Aivi Luik still play for Brisbane?

BeNatural
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BeNatural »

Gazelle wrote:Paul, it may save the FFSA money, but if they only get 20% of the crowd out there, isn't it counterproductive for the development of the sport??

Go so far? We live in Adelaide not Sydney. From top to bottom you can drive in just over an hour.

Also, its like your saying there no people that live up in the "Elizabeth/Salisbury" area. I believe from Gepps Cross to Gawler there are something like 300,000 residents.

Gazelle
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Gazelle »

"Also, its like your saying there no people that live up in the "Elizabeth/Salisbury" area."

Maybe you'd like to take some time to rethink how to word your thoughts better.

For starters: It takes over half an hour to get to Burton from the CBD.

That's nice that you've done some research on populations, but how many of those 300,000 are interested in women's football? Did you ever consider how many people there may be who live south of the CBD?? At least if the game was at Hindmarsh it would be convenient for all as it is a central location.

We'll see how many supporters turn up to the game in comparison to a Hindmarsh game.
Gazelle

BeNatural
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BeNatural »

Gazelle wrote:"Also, its like your saying there no people that live up in the "Elizabeth/Salisbury" area."

Maybe you'd like to take some time to rethink how to word your thoughts better.

For starters: It takes over half an hour to get to Burton from the CBD.

That's nice that you've done some research on populations, but how many of those 300,000 are interested in women's football? Did you ever consider how many people there may be who live south of the CBD?? At least if the game was at Hindmarsh it would be convenient for all as it is a central location.

We'll see how many supporters turn up to the game in comparison to a Hindmarsh game.
Wow... takes over half an hour to get to the ground! Some people just dont want to drive more than 5 minutes these days.

If you are a true supporter, you will go and watch the team wherever they play in Adelaide.

SAD GAL
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SAD GAL »

The W- league games SHOULD NOT be played further than 10ks or more out of town. Burton Park…What da!!!

The Southern and Northern Leagues have NEVER supported the mens' boys girls and women's comp. Even if they did, it was because they had no choice. Those two regions have more loyalty to their Southern and Northern leagues than the FFSA’s. Hence, it should be played within 10 k’s.

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

Hindmarsh isnt an option, so rule that out.

The next most obvious is the FFSA's own ground, ok it hasnt been built in a place where everybody would like it but its theirs and an economically good option.

You need to remember the FFSA could have just turned their back on the side, but they ran with it and are probably trying to keep it running on a budget, hence making decisions which it feels are best for the game, if the FFSA blow too much money on this we may end up with no team!

So seriously stop being so precious and drive out of your suburb to support the game or sit at home and watch what ever game is on the ABC but just stop whinging ffs.

Unretired
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Unretired »

paul merson wrote:Hindmarsh isnt an option, so rule that out.

The next most obvious is the FFSA's own ground, ok it hasnt been built in a place where everybody would like it but its theirs and an economically good option.

You need to remember the FFSA could have just turned their back on the side, but they ran with it and are probably trying to keep it running on a budget, hence making decisions which it feels are best for the game, if the FFSA blow too much money on this we may end up with no team!

So seriously stop being so precious and drive out of your suburb to support the game or sit at home and watch what ever game is on the ABC but just stop whinging ffs.
+1

Gazelle
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Gazelle »

SAD GAL wrote:The W- league games SHOULD NOT be played further than 10ks or more out of town. Burton Park…What da!!!
+1

I personally wouldn't mind travelling the The Paddocks at Para Hills, but Burton is another 20mins north. There are plenty of alternatives that the FFSA could have chosen. We are not at all short of good quality playing fields.
Gazelle

BeNatural
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BeNatural »

Gazelle wrote:
SAD GAL wrote:The W- league games SHOULD NOT be played further than 10ks or more out of town. Burton Park…What da!!!
+1

I personally wouldn't mind travelling the The Paddocks at Para Hills, but Burton is another 20mins north. There are plenty of alternatives that the FFSA could have chosen. We are not at all short of good quality playing fields.
The Paddocks is like 10km from Burton, closer than Elizabeth, Gawler etc!

Lucky we dont live in Sydney, you would be complaining if you supported the W-League and had to travel 1 hour just to go 20kms!

Ginger Pele
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ginger Pele »

There is also a curtain raiser to the main game with the STIC girls U13's playing.

Great experience for the girls so get out there and support some of our "future" Lady Reds

SwandelPark
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by SwandelPark »

I can understand why the FFSA would want to use Burton over any other football stadia, but is Burton really a suitable venue for the National Competition?

The grandstand is in the "middle" of the two pitches, no-one really wants to be forced to watch the game from that angle.

What about Marden?

adam
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by adam »

Burton ain't that far
good game... good crowd...
much better than playing at Hindmarsh

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Bad luck girls! I thought they were excellent today against the reigning champions and despite being 0-4 I think the team is heading in the right direction. Starting to play like a team and from last season, have improved on the basics and are now giving teams a run for their money. In a couple years if they squad doesnt change much i think they will be a very good side. Had a couple chances to equalise but thats football. Bring on the Lady Tards!

ZZZZ
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by ZZZZ »

marden - not available maintenance each year from late oct to early dec then no one allowed on it until feb so its ready for the CLUB teams i.e. adel blue eagles all senior amateur and many boys-girls junior gamesand preseason west adel and the occasional st peters college 1st xi game and azzurri cup.

Brillo
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by Brillo »

Have been to Burton to watch a game. The stands just are not in a great position to watch the game. The parking is not great. For anyone south of Grand Junction Road (All Premier Teams) not attractive to parents with juniors.
If FFSA want a crowd, they will need to monitor numbers at this venue compared to previous years. Women's Soccer games in Adelaide should be more central if we want to attract crowd numbers. It just makes sense.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Brillo wrote:Have been to Burton to watch a game. The stands just are not in a great position to watch the game. The parking is not great. For anyone south of Grand Junction Road (All Premier Teams) not attractive to parents with juniors.
If FFSA want a crowd, they will need to monitor numbers at this venue compared to previous years. Women's Soccer games in Adelaide should be more central if we want to attract crowd numbers. It just makes sense.
Agreed. There was a line up for the shopping centre car park which was just a hassle!

Ibrox
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Ibrox »

Brillo wrote:Have been to Burton to watch a game. The stands just are not in a great position to watch the game. The parking is not great. For anyone south of Grand Junction Road (All Premier Teams) not attractive to parents with juniors.
Except for the league champions :P

Correct me if I'm wrong again but didn't Knights get promoted too this year?

Honestly it's a bit of a drive, but as has been mentioned before try living in Sydney or Melbourne and it'll take you half an hour just to drive 5 km! We are very lucky and sheltered here with travelling time, support the girls and suck up the travelling time!