RND 3 Perth Vs Adelaide

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

M@rvin
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

RND 3 Perth Vs Adelaide

Post by M@rvin »

Next game is this Saturday, also being broadcast on ABC at 3 pm.
Lady Reds for a win 1-0
The goalkeeper is the jewel in the crown and getting at him should be almost impossible. It's the biggest sin in football to make him do any work.

George Graham

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: RND 3 Perth Vs Adelaide

Post by Red-4-Life »

I think the Lady Reds can get something from this game

Super_Trooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Super_Trooper »

I'd love for United to get the Win and Perth's lead up to the game this weekend has been far from ideal so if anything this is as good as chance as ever... Despite not being at home I doubt Perth would have just sat on their tooshies waiting for a flight home. They dont have amazing sign ups or big player names like the eastern states so they know they gotta work hard as do the Lady Reds.

However Perth had a great game against Canberra and had some great passages of play.

D'Ovidio played well up front and her quick runs behind the defence will need to be cut out quickly by United if they want to stay in the game.

Whilst Arnold (Perth GK) looked liked she should have been out shopping with the girls (she was wearing make up right?)... she had a brilliant game after a slightly shakey start. Pulled out some great saves and to be up at half time 1-0 after Canberra had i think 22 shots on goal in the first half alone shows she can stand up when needed... Plus I dont know if we have even had 22 shots on goal in 2 games :? Not trying to be funny but we obviously need to do more to get it up there and have some quality on target shots.

Perth also had a massive late charge against Canberra - obviously pipping one back late in the second half to bring it to 3-2 and I think few more minutes and Perth might have got the equaliser.

Can only comment on the Canberra game that I watched where we seemed to die in the ass in the second half allowing Canberra to tear our midfield apart. Proved that doesnt matter how good our defence is or how much of a blinder the GK is having - if your midfield is not fit or strong enough the goals will come thru.

Perth also has the home ground advantage - late surge plus crowd behind them.. only another positive for them!

Again - Not trying to completely diss our girls.. We need this weekends win more than ever - another loss would be heart breaking for the players BUT Still early days in the season and despite the loss vs Canberra it's one of the stronger hit outs I've seen from the Lady Reds and 3-0 loss against Newcastle 'We have Barbieri and De Vanna' Jets really isn't too bad....

Let's hope the girls can get their business together and farck that sh|t up 8)

M@rvin
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by M@rvin »

Here is the current table.

Club P W D L A GD PTS
1 Canberra United FC 2 2 0 0 3 4 6
2 Sydney FC 2 1 1 0 2 1 4
3 Newcastle Jets FC 1 1 0 0 0 3 3
4 Melbourne Victory 2 1 0 0 0 2 3
5 Brisbane Roar 1 0 1 0 1 0 1
6 Perth Glory FC 2 0 0 2 5 -3 0
7 Adelaide United FC 2 0 0 2 7 -6 0
The goalkeeper is the jewel in the crown and getting at him should be almost impossible. It's the biggest sin in football to make him do any work.

George Graham

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scipio africanus »

With the absence of Kate Gill and Same Kerr due to long term injuries, this represents the best opportunity for our players to break their losing streak.

All the best!

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by John Cena »

M@rvin wrote:Here is the current table.

Club P W D L A GD PTS
1 Canberra United FC 2 2 0 0 3 4 6
2 Sydney FC 2 1 1 0 2 1 4
3 Newcastle Jets FC 1 1 0 0 0 3 3
4 Melbourne Victory 2 1 0 0 0 2 3
5 Brisbane Roar 1 0 1 0 1 0 1
6 Perth Glory FC 2 0 0 2 5 -3 0
7 Adelaide United FC 2 0 0 2 7 -6 0
you sure you havent cut and pasted the last 3 years table there..lol..sorry was just a joke :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Perth Glory v Adelaide United
Saturday 5 November 2011
nib Stadium, Perth
Local kick-off: 12 midday

Both sets of teams will have long marked this particular fixture on their calendar. Aside from being the live TV match, it is a contest both will consider one which can kick-start their campaign. Although Perth Glory and Adelaide United have lost both of their outings to date, there have been some positive signs upon which respective coaches Jamie Harnwell and David Edmondson will be looking to build. And after significant change of squad personnel, it is this part of the season in which they will expect to see some cohesion developing. The match will also be the Glory’s annual National Breast Cancer Foundation fundraiser.

After a flat showing in a 2-0 defeat to Melbourne Victory on the opening weekend, the Glory led Canberra United until the hour mark before falling 3-2 to the team from the nation’s capital and the lethal shooting boots of hat-trick heroine Michelle Heyman. New young goalkeeper Mackenzie Arnold appears to be an impressive last line of defence, while at the other end of the field, New Zealand international Emma Kete scored on debut in a performance that indicates she will be a significant asset. However, the Glory’s preparations for their first home game of the season were hindered after being delayed in Canberra until Wednesday.

Adelaide have endured a torrid start after opening against frontrunners Canberra, and following that up with a visit to Newcastle as the Jets unleashed their new star-studded line-up. The Newcastle frontline, led by an inspired Lisa De Vanna, scored three unanswered goals, but the Lady Reds will not be the last to be undone by the Matildas dynamo this campaign. The youthful United squad will again have to make do without their trio of Australian U-17 players - Emma Checker, Grace Henry and Ebony Philcox.
Live and Exclusive on ABC1 from 3pm AEDT

Perth Glory squad: 1. Mackenzie ARNOLD (gk), 3. Carys HAWKINS, 4. Erika ELZE, 5. Shannon MAY, 6. Katarina JUKIC, 7. Sadie LAWRENCE, 8. Tanya OXTOBY (c), 9. Katie HOLTHAM, 10. Jaymee GIBBONS, 11. Ella MASTRANTONIO, 12. Danielle CALAUTTI, 13. Elisa D’OVIDIO, 14. Emily DUNN, 15. Lara FILOCAMO, 17. Marianna TABAIN, 18. Emma KETE, 20. Kristy TESCHINSKY (gk)
*two to be omitted
In: Jaymee Gibbons (promoted), Danielle Calautti (promoted)
Out: None
Unavailable: Sarah Carroll (International duty - Australia U-17)

Adelaide United squad: 20. Kristi HARVEY (gk), 2. Ruth WALLACE, 3. Anna GREEN, 4. Daniela DI BARTOLO, 5. Abby ERCEG (C), 7. Racheal QUIGLEY, 8. Leanne SLATER, 9. Marijana RAJCIC, 11. Ashleigh GUNNING, 12. Greta FRENCH-KENNEDY, 13. Vanessa REED, 14. Donna COCKAYNE, 18. Georgia MACRI, 19. Nenita BURGESS, 1. Sian MCLAREN (gk)
In: Sian MCLAREN
Out: Katherine EBBS (suspended)
Unavailable: Emma CHECKER, Grace HENRY, Ebony PHILCOX (All international duty - Australia U-17), Angela FIMMANO (injured)

TRUTH
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by TRUTH »

Perth will open account and win 2-0

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

TRUTH wrote:Perth will open account and win 2-0
Maybe, but I have the feeling that the girls are finally going to get some points tomorrow.

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

someone forgot to tell BLADES they were making shirts for girls :?

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Gahhh so unlucky not to get anything out of that game! I thought the girls were fantastic today and deserved a draw at least. I thought they were the better team for longer periods but just didnt make the most of their chances like Perth did.

Defence - Fairly solid, just caught out on a few occasions which proved costly but overall a good effort.
Midfield - Worked hard and helped to create chances. Macri and Cockayne on the wings worked well as lots of pace was provided.
Strikers - Did a good job. Maybe just lacked a bit of pace and finesse but I think they worked hard overall.
Overall - Just gotta work on a few basic things but a great team effort and i think the team is heading in the right direction...finally!

I also though Perth's keeper Mackenzie Arnold was brilliant, saved a few goals for sure.

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by John Cena »

Perths keeper was outstanding, and at 17 yo as well.i think we tried to pump the ball forward to much , when we played the ball to feet we looked good, good to see someone like Harnwell coaching in the W league

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

AU played pretty well today and could of come away with some points, . Two defensive blunders, two goals by Perth. AU actually looked like scoring, and managed to stay competitive for the entire game which is something they didn't do much of last year. Things might be looking up :)

bennylava
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by bennylava »

quigley's goal was incredible. who cares how she celebrated?

bennylava
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by bennylava »

pretty sure we're on the right track too. much much better.

bennylava
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by bennylava »

What the? wrote: AAARRRGHHHDPEWIfupmwoiruique!!@URWEPWFJwmfxwp
and you need to relax. if you're so close to quigs, please offer her the courtesy of not being so mental in your responses before you say who you are.

What the?
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by What the? »

[quote="bennylava"][quote="What the?"]
AAARRRGHHHDPEWIfupmwoiruique!!@URWEPWFJwmfxwp[/quote]
and you need to relax. if you're so close to quigs, please offer her the courtesy of not being so mental in your responses before you say who you are.[/quote]

Im sorry if I feel I need to defend my daughter, against attacks by people, who in my opinion know nothing about her, and should just keep there opinions to themselves.

But obviously there are some inadequate people who have nothing better to do.

scipio africanus
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Proud of the girls effort today. One of their best performances in a long time, albeit against an understrength Perth. Liked the drive from Ruth in the 2nd half deep into the Perth defense. Food for thought for the future. Ashame ebony from metro isn't playing, as she would make the perfect spoil for erceg and release Ruth into mid.

bennylava
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by bennylava »

What the? wrote:
Im sorry if I feel I need to defend my daughter, against attacks by people, who in my opinion know nothing about her, and should just keep there opinions to themselves.

But obviously there are some inadequate people who have nothing better to do.
I understand the frustration mate. after quigs' great effort against Perth and brilliant goal I don't think that she should be paying attention to any negative forum comments...i think the best response would've been "listen, quigs had a cracker and if you couldn't see that and have to look that hard to find any little thing to pick on, then you're a genuine idiot"...would've looked far better on everyone, and people with a brain wouldve supported you.

your daughter outta be proud of herself and her teammates.

Caretaker Coach
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Caretaker Coach »

They are looking better then the same time last year, I wouldnt get too excited , as it was the two bottom sides. The next 2 weeks we will see where we are at. In the 2nd half, we did get exposed at the back a few times with the long balls,could be because we were pushing forward a lot to try and get something out of the game. Good to see some players having some belief in themselves and taking some risks,and we need to link up a bit more up front, IMO.

TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC »

some quality players, a touch up on goaly would be awesome....
RADIO LALASEMENO
http://www.lalasemeno.gr

this has just changed my life............above link

dont use my name..

What has 100 legs & 4 teeth? The front row of the Collingwood cheer squad

TRUTH
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by TRUTH »

Still no win
What happens when we play the top teams.
Just a waste of money which could be better spent elsewhere.

magicfootball1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by magicfootball1 »

Gahhh so unlucky not to get anything out of that game! I thought the girls were fantastic today and deserved a draw at least. I thought they were the better team for longer periods but just didnt make the most of their chances like Perth did.

Defence - Fairly solid, just caught out on a few occasions which proved costly but overall a good effort.
Midfield - Worked hard and helped to create chances. Macri and Cockayne on the wings worked well as lots of pace was provided.
Strikers - Did a good job. Maybe just lacked a bit of pace and finesse but I think they worked hard overall.
Overall - Just gotta work on a few basic things but a great team effort and i think the team is heading in the right direction...finally!

I also though Perth's keeper Mackenzie Arnold was brilliant, saved a few goals for sure.[/quote]

what game were you watching ? defence was very poor allowing perth to draw the defenders away from the ball everytime. They need to fix the defence first, midfield to attack was better, cockayane gave the ball away way to much and lacked vision. They will come good, half way through the season i think they will start taking points.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

magicfootball1 wrote:

I also though Perth's keeper Mackenzie Arnold was brilliant, saved a few goals for sure.
what game were you watching ? defence was very poor allowing perth to draw the defenders away from the ball everytime. They need to fix the defence first, midfield to attack was better, cockayane gave the ball away way to much and lacked vision. They will come good, half way through the season i think they will start taking points.[/quote]

Thats my opinion, I didnt think they were poor as such but there were just a couple occasions which cost the goals due to being caught out. I think the team will continue to get better and hopefully get a couple wins as the season goes on. Its a shame its a 10 game season only.

Super_Trooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Super_Trooper »

Great game to watch with plenty of opportunities from Adelaide which is not something we have seen before - I'm excited!

Amazing goal from Quigley after a nice half volley back into the centre from MJ. Much preferred Quigley in the more central role it seemed as opposed to out wide. Created some good chances and I liked that she was moving more around the park and chasing balls down - appears to be fitter. Good girl.

Again we conceded early - What do we need to do to switch on more quickly? VS Canberra conceded 2' in... VS Newcastle conceded 5' in... VS Perth conceded 6' in - Sooooo it seems we are improving but anything in that first 20 mins and there are certainly issues which need to be addressed.

Gunning played aggressive and tough - won the ball well and distributed across the park but did appear to tire. Good decision to sub before burning her out too quickly.

Midfield had some good passages of play and Macri really stepped up in her first start - can see good things coming from her... Di Bartolo held her own in the 20mins she had to run.

Defence played well and solidly held together with Erceg, Green and Burgess. Wallace should not be left as the last defender. Seems to be always one step behind the rest of the defence and hello - goal side! Played well as she moved forward let's hope it's just cobwebs.

With McLaren on the bench does this mean she is 100% fit and ready for action?

Really proud of the way the girls played and despite Perth's Arnold having a cracking game in goals we did produce some quality and sometimes dismal shots on goal but the fact that we are getting the ball up there and actively playing some aggressive and attacking football is great and I really look forward to better things to come as the season progresses!!

P.S. Anyone else wanna crack that male commentator in the souvlaki.. OMG SO ANNOYING!

See you all at Burton next Saturday - I'll be there with a brewski or ten.... cups will be used as missiles if required haha!!

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Left Right Out »

Is there a charge to watch the game?

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

Much improved side from last year,wont get too excited though, it was the two bottom sides - real test will come in the next two games. Wouldve done so much for the team if they had come away with at least a point, away from home - opportunity missed.

IMO - Need to combine better up front,when our players playing wide get the ball. With our two central attackers, one of them should make a diagonal run towards the player out wide who has the ball, create other passing options for them.
Most of the time our players out wide got the ball,all they could do is run up the line with it,or pass it back to the defender.

Could be a coaching instruction, cant be too critical of the players though.

Red-4-Life
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Red-4-Life »

Super_Trooper wrote: P.S. Anyone else wanna crack that male commentator in the souvlaki.. OMG SO ANNOYING!

:lol: :lol: :lol: amen to that! And he knows way to much about the players too :shock:

bennylava
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by bennylava »

Red-4-Life wrote:
Super_Trooper wrote: P.S. Anyone else wanna crack that male commentator in the souvlaki.. OMG SO ANNOYING!

:lol: :lol: :lol: amen to that! And he knows way to much about the players too :shock:
he was such a freak. he was wrong with both penalties.

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

I never listen to any of the commentators, I enjoy watching all Football with the volume right down, see more and dont get caught up in the hype.