Cup round 2 (Div 3/4/5)

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

old_trafford
Apprentice
Apprentice

Cup round 2 (Div 3/4/5)

Post by old_trafford »

Div 3/4/5 NAB Div 3 v Pulteney Div 5
Div 3/4/5 Para Hills United Div 4 v Salisbury Inter Div 4 FORFEIT
Div 3/4/5 Raiders Div 4 v Munno Para Div 5 FORFEIT
Div 3/4/5 Salisbury United Div 3 v Flinders Flames Div 3
Div 3/4/5 Seymour Div 3 v Elizabeth Grove Div 3
He cannot kick with his left foot, he cannot head a ball, he cannot tackle and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's all right.
-- (George Best assesment of Manchester United's David Beckham)

Super_Trooper
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Cup round 2 (Div 3/4/5)

Post by Super_Trooper »

Surprised really - Nope!!

You essentially know who the result is going to so might as well give the forfeiting teams the long weekend off.... Unlucky for Salisbury Inter and Munno Para tho :?

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

Super_Trooper wrote:Surprised really - Nope!!

You essentially know who the result is going to so might as well give the forfeiting teams the long weekend off.... Unlucky for Salisbury Inter and Munno Para tho :?

Particularly knowing that goal difference doesnt matter in Cup Games, yet I bet you some teams will still want to go out and absolutely smash the opposition.

Super_Trooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Super_Trooper »

Spot on...!! I do believe though that Cup games are always different - teams always step up regardless what leaugue position they are in... In this case however I think the teams did the right thing in terms of a forfeit and having a weekend off!!

Smiling Assassin
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Smiling Assassin »

i can assure you all that the girls at Salisbury Inter wanted to play this cup game, knowing chances were that we were going to lose we still wanted to give it a shot, unfortunately being the long weekend we had several players going away, some players cup tied and we just lost 2 players to injury in last weeks game :cry: so sadly this was the only option as we only had 8 players available.

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

really dont like the idea of playing games on long wk ends...will be between PH united, raiders and the vale
"barmy army, chairboys!!"

pc9999
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by pc9999 »

Smiling Assassin wrote:i can assure you all that the girls at Salisbury Inter wanted to play this cup game, knowing chances were that we were going to lose we still wanted to give it a shot, unfortunately being the long weekend we had several players going away, some players cup tied and we just lost 2 players to injury in last weeks game :cry: so sadly this was the only option as we only had 8 players available.
bugga, I recall at the juniors they would postpone a game to midweek, this allowed for these unfortunate timing things.

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

sparts wrote:really dont like the idea of playing games on long wk ends...will be between PH united, raiders and the vale
Whilst the mens league play on saturday and monday, I dont really like playing in the rain but....

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

i remember doing that too mers...but now i coach i cant be standing out in the cold!

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

sparts wrote:i remember doing that too mers...but now i coach i cant be standing out in the cold!
:lol: At least you can wear a jacket!

Smiling Assassin
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Smiling Assassin »

pc9999 wrote:
Smiling Assassin wrote:i can assure you all that the girls at Salisbury Inter wanted to play this cup game, knowing chances were that we were going to lose we still wanted to give it a shot, unfortunately being the long weekend we had several players going away, some players cup tied and we just lost 2 players to injury in last weeks game :cry: so sadly this was the only option as we only had 8 players available.
bugga, I recall at the juniors they would postpone a game to midweek, this allowed for these unfortunate timing things.
We didnt even think about postponing to be honest, i think after we had so many issues getting a team together we had just had enough. Would have been nice to have at least made them play for the win but oh well!! we will see them soon enough in the league anyway :?

Leppskiii
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Leppskiii »

I hate playing in the wind and sun..
"Just ask yourself, have you hugged your goalkeeper today?"

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

We played PHU in the cup, kept it close and even though they won 3-0 all 3 were scored in the 6 yard box, which meant they had to battle hard for their goals.

Vale isn't strong enough to stop either PHU or Raiders IMO.

gunners14
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by gunners14 »

Forgot to mention, PHU div 5 vs MOSA div 5.

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

just depends if vale can be bothered or not