Results 1/5

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

Results 1/5

Post by John Cena »

state league

Toros 2 Uni 2

Div 1

Toros 4 Adel Hills 2

U17s

Toros 6 Para Hills 1

Terry Tate
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: Results 1/5

Post by Terry Tate »

Div 2

Adelaide Comets 3 - 0 Munno Para

M@rvin
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by M@rvin »

U17

Knights 1 Fulham 0
The goalkeeper is the jewel in the crown and getting at him should be almost impossible. It's the biggest sin in football to make him do any work.

George Graham

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

U17
Cumby 2- Uni1

The junior results aren't available yet on the website- Any other junior results out there?

Super Nala
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Super Nala »

U15 Adel City 5 v Cumby 2

RED PANTHER
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by RED PANTHER »

U 17s . Pink Panthers 6 :D
Para Hills East 2

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

i just saw the results in div 4 from round 5... OUT 0 Raiders 18, Sals Inter 0 Para Hills 23! could someone explain what benefit either of these teams get from these results??
"barmy army, chairboys!!"

BIFF
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by BIFF »

Would say next time around these matches may be forfeited

Caretaker Coach
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Caretaker Coach »

sparts wrote:i just saw the results in div 4 from round 5... OUT 0 Raiders 18, Sals Inter 0 Para Hills 23! could someone explain what benefit either of these teams get from these results??
I agree Sparts, concerned was raised a couple of weeks ago,and issue has been raised with FFSA.Having seen some of the teams in div 4+5,it is clearly a beginners league,and they are not getting any time or opportunity to develop their skills,with scores like this, wont be long before teams start forfeiting.
From what I understand,the PH Utd , they picked up some players from a " breakaway group" from the PH Knights Prem side,seems to happen a lot in women's football ? because they are/were new to the Senior comp,both their teams had to start in the bottom divisions,even they though allegedly applied to play div 1 / State league.
So, they adopted the attitude that they will smash every team as their way of getting back at FFSA,to prove the point they shouldnt be in those divisions.
Little do they realise,what they are doing to all the other teams,come second and third round,do you think all these teams will continue playing them ? ( if they are still there )
I cant comment on the Raiders coach,but the Para Hills coach has serious issues - I take it there is no more Code of Conduct forms anymore for Coaches to sign ? In my opinion he ticks about every box, of things a coach is not suppose to do.

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

Caretaker Coach wrote:
sparts wrote:i just saw the results in div 4 from round 5... OUT 0 Raiders 18, Sals Inter 0 Para Hills 23! could someone explain what benefit either of these teams get from these results??
I agree Sparts, concerned was raised a couple of weeks ago,and issue has been raised with FFSA.Having seen some of the teams in div 4+5,it is clearly a beginners league,and they are not getting any time or opportunity to develop their skills,with scores like this, wont be long before teams start forfeiting.
From what I understand,the PH Utd , they picked up some players from a " breakaway group" from the PH Knights Prem side,seems to happen a lot in women's football ? because they are/were new to the Senior comp,both their teams had to start in the bottom divisions,even they though allegedly applied to play div 1 / State league.
So, they adopted the attitude that they will smash every team as their way of getting back at FFSA,to prove the point they shouldnt be in those divisions.
Little do they realise,what they are doing to all the other teams,come second and third round,do you think all these teams will continue playing them ? ( if they are still there )
I cant comment on the Raiders coach,but the Para Hills coach has serious issues - I take it there is no more Code of Conduct forms anymore for Coaches to sign ? In my opinion he ticks about every box, of things a coach is not suppose to do.
We've got them in the cup so let's see if I can give him back a little of his own medicine on behalf of the other teams in Div 4. I like a little banter on the sidelines 8)

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

Lucas Leiva wrote:
Caretaker Coach wrote:
We've got them in the cup so let's see if I can give him back a little of his own medicine on behalf of the other teams in Div 4. I like a little banter on the sidelines 8)
The one time I saw them play in the earlier round, the coach literally walks all the way up and down the touchline, I mean the whole pitch
if you get the referee to tell him to stay in his tech area ( get back in his box ) like he is suppose to,that will upset his plans some. He barks instructions to all his players,every pass, every kick etc he is telling them what to do - maybe they are the players he never was ? Good Luck.

Super_Trooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Super_Trooper »

The Super Trooper does not like doodle head coaches!

Brand new teams into a competition such as Para Hills United don't have a god given right to be placed in Div 1 / State League above teams who have worked hard over the years to get where they are (aka Parafield Gardens, Toros etc). However regardless of the coaches behaviour (and p.s. formal reports against the coach to FFSA and something does get done about it!) smashing teams 23-0 etc is not acceptable in a division 5 league - I'm sure FFSA are aware of the issues but who know what will happen from here....

From what I know Div 5 are a lovely bunch of teams with usually wives, girlfriends and new players in general wanting to have a social kick around... Hopefully the issues get resolved quickly and the Div 5 can go back to having the right suited teams in their division and PH United move on to uhh.... well just move on....!!!

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

The General wrote: The one time I saw them play in the earlier round, the coach literally walks all the way up and down the touchline, I mean the whole pitch
if you get the referee to tell him to stay in his tech area ( get back in his box ) like he is suppose to,that will upset his plans some. He barks instructions to all his players,every pass, every kick etc he is telling them what to do - maybe they are the players he never was ? Good Luck.
Thanks for the tip :wink:

neits/burgo/shadow
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by neits/burgo/shadow »

Preseason grading tournament for all teams in the 3 lowest divisions. Avoids problems of teams getting smashed each week during the season but also makes sure new teams dont just walk straight into higher divisions, they still have to prove themselves against tougher competition. Top 8 (or however many) teams in div 3, next 8 teams div 4 etc

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by John Cena »

thats ok , when we played adelaide uni last week they had a coach either side of the ground shouting out instructions to the players and these guys have been coaching for a long time, and to be honest the way the Adelaide Hills coach was talking to his players was disgraceful. were not going to keep players in the leagues if this keeps happerning, thats just my opinion

Caretaker Coach
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Caretaker Coach »

John Cena wrote:thats ok , when we played adelaide uni last week they had a coach either side of the ground shouting out instructions to the players and these guys have been coaching for a long time, and to be honest the way the Adelaide Hills coach was talking to his players was disgraceful. were not going to keep players in the leagues if this keeps happerning, thats just my opinion
Couldnt agree more John. I was at the div 4 game when Para Hills Utd played UniSA, when PH hadnt scored in the first 10 minutes,the coach started yelling at them. When PH were 4-0 up, Uni team scored from a breakaway,PH coach went crazy.
In the second half, Uni team completely changed their tactics,held them scoreless for nearly 15 minutes,PH coach got so worked up,yelling+screaming at his players,almost ran on to the pitch to tell them where they should all be playing,like in under 6's,totally unacceptable.
If a team is that good as a coach says it is,then the coach should have to say very little during the game,should be able to sit back,and let them play.
I feel for the players and the parents,may as well get all the paper they use for ALL the code of conduct forms,and send it to a toilet paper manufacturer

juniorsupporter
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by juniorsupporter »

To anyone's knowledge has anyone filed a formal complaint against this guy?

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The General »

juniorsupporter wrote:To anyone's knowledge has anyone filed a formal complaint against this guy?
The day I watched them play,spoke to the UniSa team,said someone was asked ( from FFSA ) to write a report on how the game goes,and anything else they should be aware off. I dont know what has come of it,was about 3 weeks ago ?

Ibrox
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Ibrox »

Notice on sporting pulse they were beaten by Para Hills East 3-0 - No disrespect to Easties but that sounds like a forfeit scoreline to me, anyone know what happened?

Tough one with this mob though, as super trooper says no team has the right to just start at the top (particularly when it sounds like they've taken a team from another club, how were they allowed to do this when Raiders and West Adelaide couldn't?) but the girls in div 4&5 shouldn't have to suffer either....

Ibrox
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Ibrox »

neits/burgo/shadow wrote:Preseason grading tournament for all teams in the 3 lowest divisions. Avoids problems of teams getting smashed each week during the season but also makes sure new teams dont just walk straight into higher divisions, they still have to prove themselves against tougher competition. Top 8 (or however many) teams in div 3, next 8 teams div 4 etc

Fair suggestion really....

M@rvin
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by M@rvin »

[quote="Ibrox"]Notice on sporting pulse they were beaten by Para Hills East 3-0 - No disrespect to Easties but that sounds like a forfeit scoreline to me, anyone know what happened?

Para hills United played a player under an assumed name and were delt with as per rule 49.
The goalkeeper is the jewel in the crown and getting at him should be almost impossible. It's the biggest sin in football to make him do any work.

George Graham

Ibrox
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Ibrox »

Seriously???

What a joke, beating sides by 20+ and still feel the need to cheat.

That is beyond pathetic.

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

M@rvin wrote:
Ibrox wrote:Notice on sporting pulse they were beaten by Para Hills East 3-0 - No disrespect to Easties but that sounds like a forfeit scoreline to me, anyone know what happened?

Para hills United played a player under an assumed name and were delt with as per rule 49.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
they could turn up with 7 players most weeks and still win comfortably, why the heck did they bother
glad they got caught.

Lets get it right
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Lets get it right »

There are always 2 sides so lets just set some facts straight on the apparent poor attitude from the Para Hills United team and coach.

This so call breakaway group is 12 girls who were original Para Hills Junior girls that had to leave the Para Hills Juniors, club due to fact that they did not have any teams over 17. They transferred to Para Hils Knights as part of a process which should have seen the 2 clubs amalgamate from this level on. After a year of poor coaching, poor management, no skills level advancement and no sign of an amalgamation happening, Para Hill Juniors decided to go it alone and push into the next division.

This dissatisfaction at the Knights was reported to the FFSA by parents and players as early as Nov 2010. The FFSA finally decided to talk to the girls Feb 2011, just weeks prior to finalisation of registration.

There had been many talks and disputes regarding the rules, which FFSA seems very unsure of as well, There were meetings with the girls who wanted to return to a club where there was order, communication and the understanding that the girls were just as serious as the boys about playing soccer. Many of these girls have only played at this club so it was home to them.

As a consequence the FFSA gave us many ” hypothetical scenarios” that were to convince us we would be better off back at the Knights. The girls stood firm an decided that they would take on the conditions and rules that were handed down to them for one year and do their penance for moving away from the Knights.

The consequences of this decision -

Firstly the club had to change its name – hence Para Hills United – not a new club at all

We can only play ½ the number of the girls that came back in a team at a time. There would be reason for the complaints if all 12 girls were playing in one team!!

We don’t want to play in Div 4 or 5. We tried to put our “ hypothetical scenario” to FFSA saying “what happens if we go out smashing the other teams 20 nil, can we be put up? Also how will the other teams feel. FFSA did not want to give us a direct answer here.

We are under close scrutiny every game as to what players take the pitch and yes we have made a clerical error with one name, not a player and not a cheating error.

FFSA suggested we would get bored playing at a low level of completion, this is why we ensure that we don’t drop our level of commitment and remain focused for the entire game. We were also told that we would be reviewed with a view to be moved up. Still waiting!!

Yes I agree there should be trial games to assess the strength of teams. FFSA knows the caliber of players in this group of girls but still insisted we start at 4 and 5. The girls are not out there for the social approach that is meant for Div 4 and 5.

Our coach is passionate, not only at the games but at training as well, as he demands the best from each player out there and yes he does apologise at the end of games as he believes we should be at a higher level. Believe it or not his bark is worst than his bite and the girls have a great relationship with him. Our girls are fitter than they have been for sometime and they are enjoying their soccer again.

This is just part of what these girls have had to endure just to play soccer. Please see our side of this issue before judging us any further.

Hayley-PHU player
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Hayley-PHU player »

I as a Para Hills United player am spewing after reading these forums. You ladies DONT understand that we dont want to be in this league and more than you want us to be. Do you really think its fun for us smashing all these teams? NO! All we want is a fair go and to play sport we love. Maybe you girls should stop baggin us out on here and put ur concerns to FFSA because they'r not listening to us!

As for yous saying stuff about our coach, His actually a really good bloke and all of our girls get along with him! Yea he gets abit fired up but as u can well see his very passionate about his game! As we all are!

I Played for PHU for 8years before having to move to the Knights because i was too old to keep playing there as they were only a Junior club. I played for the Knights for 2years before transferring back to PHU because the knights dont give 2 shits about there womans teams and only care for the men.

So how about u girls give us a break ayy? and hopefully FFSA will put this straight!

on the side
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by on the side »

Did you consider joining Para Hills East instead of starting your only club?!

We can all understand your 'predicament' but the attitude of the coach and the girls ridiculous celebrations goal after goal are not excusable.

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

on the side wrote:Did you consider joining Para Hills East instead of starting your only club?!

We can all understand your 'predicament' but the attitude of the coach and the girls ridiculous celebrations goal after goal are not excusable.
Apologising for the lopsided score after celebrating every goal like it was a cup winner is not sportsmanship.

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

Hayley-PHU player wrote:I as a Para Hills United player am spewing after reading these forums. You ladies DONT understand that we dont want to be in this league and more than you want us to be. Do you really think its fun for us smashing all these teams? NO! All we want is a fair go and to play sport we love. Maybe you girls should stop baggin us out on here and put ur concerns to FFSA because they'r not listening to us!

As for yous saying stuff about our coach, His actually a really good bloke and all of our girls get along with him! Yea he gets abit fired up but as u can well see his very passionate about his game! As we all are!

I Played for PHU for 8years before having to move to the Knights because i was too old to keep playing there as they were only a Junior club. I played for the Knights for 2years before transferring back to PHU because the knights dont give 2 shits about there womans teams and only care for the men.

So how about u girls give us a break ayy? and hopefully FFSA will put this straight!
I think if you have a look through the posts you'll see that most who have commented agree that FFSA have made the incorrect decision to play the PHU teams in their current Div's. I think its a disgrace that a club can't move their junior teams up into an appropriate seniors division. Your post and one before it clearly establish that PHU are an 'existing' club, and therefore shouldn't have been held to the same rules as a 'new' club under the leagues existing rules.
however, the attitude of the PHU team and coach on game day is disgusting. You guys sure looked like you were having fun while you were smashing my team, even played on to score a goal after a player went down winded. There are a lot of things you could do to improve your own game while still going out and having fun; playing players out of position, using only your weak foot to take shots, only shooting from outside the box, only passing to move the ball no dribbling etc. Once you're 10-0 up at half time, dont you think maybe it's time to try to do things to extend yourselves rather than just pounding in for 1v1's with the keeper?

ilikeprawns
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by ilikeprawns »

what so because we're better than you we have to stop trying? in case you haven't noticed we actually have some competition, raiders, and if we end up drawing in points don't you think we'd want the goal difference. it's a competition nobody is going to take it easy if you don't like it then go and play indoor. none of you know the first thing about our team, club or coach so before you start making all these accusations about us being cheats and disgusting how about you all get your facts right? because all of this bitching that's going on is making you just as disgusting as you're making us out to be. grow up.

ball_girl
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by ball_girl »

themagnet wrote:
Hayley-PHU player wrote:I as a Para Hills United player am spewing after reading these forums. You ladies DONT understand that we dont want to be in this league and more than you want us to be. Do you really think its fun for us smashing all these teams? NO! All we want is a fair go and to play sport we love. Maybe you girls should stop baggin us out on here and put ur concerns to FFSA because they'r not listening to us!

I think if you have a look through the posts you'll see that most who have commented agree that FFSA have made the incorrect decision to play the PHU teams in their current Div's. I think its a disgrace that a club can't move their junior teams up into an appropriate seniors division. Your post and one before it clearly establish that PHU are an 'existing' club, and therefore shouldn't have been held to the same rules as a 'new' club under the leagues existing rules.
however, the attitude of the PHU team and coach on game day is disgusting. You guys sure looked like you were having fun while you were smashing my team, even played on to score a goal after a player went down winded. There are a lot of things you could do to improve your own game while still going out and having fun; playing players out of position, using only your weak foot to take shots, only shooting from outside the box, only passing to move the ball no dribbling etc. Once you're 10-0 up at half time, dont you think maybe it's time to try to do things to extend yourselves rather than just pounding in for 1v1's with the keeper?
After reading through all the posts, I actually feel sorry for the girls at PHU... Yeah so the FFSA has done wrong... again... by placing them, and now apparently leaving them in the lower divisions.
BUT the players shouldnt have to compromise their enjoyment of the game just because they're beating teams by ridiculous amounts.
All the other teams that are complaining about it should realise that its not their choice, don't take it out on them...
And as for the playing on to score a goal after a player went down winded, I think you'll find that unless the ref has blown the whistle to stop play, they've still done nothing wrong!
Stop slamming the PHU girls and let them enjoy their game.