W League ???? whats going on...

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

abbie's keeper
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: W League ???? whats going on...

Post by abbie's keeper »

Lucas Leiva wrote:
SAD GAL wrote:I think Adelaide Uni players should be banned from playing for the Reds. A lot of thme were to blame for the demise of Olympic. Selfish lot
There was a time when I was willing to listen to your opinion, but now you just sound like those weird religious freaks in rundle mall. Get off the forum.
+1

Drusetta
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Drusetta »

Sad Gal - whilst many people are not comfortable hearing the truths you convey, I'm not sure how any club can force a player to play for them?
My understanding is that Olympic players, passionate about their football, sought a club to further their football goals. And therefore sought a coach with a proven track record. THEIR choice is entirely theirs, isn't it? Without any incentives (to my knowledge).

Glad to hear Olympic will be back. The work done to resurrect a club is huge, and PS and co should be applauded for their hard work, determination and persistence.

A successful competition needs sustainable clubs, which means an effective junior set up, IMO.

Hopefully, 2013 will take a notable positive step towards a much improved competition - for the good of the game.
For the Game. For the World.

Drusetta

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Olympics’ return (and a welcome one at that) has been met by some savage attacks. I think SG was having a swipe back at the detractors because her comments are as inflammatory and nonsensical as those who are calling for at the flaccid FFSA rules to be used to block their return.

I suppose the point about Uni girls being precluded from playing for Reds is probably to highlight what happened to Olympic and how a mass exodus spelt their demise. And probably a couple of other things too.