Cup Semi Finals Tonight

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Cup Semi Finals Tonight

Post by billy the kid »

Its the pointy end of the season and tonight we see the Cup Semi-Final at the Parks at 7 pm.

Fulham vs Adelaide Uni (Uni to win)

Metro vs Adelaide City (City to win)

One suspect that based on current form, Uni and City will win and thereafter play in the Cup final in August however, as with anything in life there are no certainties. The Metro vs City game is probably the tightest contest on offer with a thrilling draw last time they met. I expect the PP machine will continue and rise to the occasion and put the failing of years past an make it to the final.

Fulham has had an up and down year and is holding onto 5th spot. Uni however, has had some ok matches and scraped in a win however, the Rojas factor looms large and judging by the last time they met Uni should easily account for Fulham.

My predictions however on the night................anything can happen. Metro can NEVER be underestimated. And Fulham, is capable of winning under Max and make it to a second successive Cup Final.

Best of luck to all four teams and may the best teams win.

Finding Sportsbird
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Re: Cup Semi Finals Tonight

Post by Finding Sportsbird »

Both games were very good but some metro supporters need to be controlled by their club..... some very awful language and comments to both players and coaches of the opposition during and after the game. Their were alot of junior kids from their representative clubs so we dont need these supporters around for our game. Metro do something about it.. to more important stuff uni and fulham game what a thriller 6 - 3 in semi well done

Finding Sportsbird

Post by Finding Sportsbird »

Thats why they call me finding-Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

What a fantastic game between Adelaide Uni and Fulham even though the weather wasn't great. But a well deserved win to Adelaide Uni.
Having watched the game, I believe Adelaide Uni will be hard to beat in the cup final. Such a well balanced team.
Having not seen the game between Adelaide City and Metro, I cannot comment on that game other than to say from the information I received, the game was won in the first half with Metro dominating in the second half with numerous scoring opportunities without success.
Congratulations to Adel Uni and Adel City on making the cup final and may the best team win.
My prediction is Adelaide Uni to win the title. Adelaide City, without their star midfielder Alex Chidiac will struggle against and in form side.

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

Spot on Sportsbird. Good assessment. Both games had their moments and the UNI game was high scoring with many missed opportunities by Fulham. yes I agree from what I have seen of Uni this year, balance is an excellent word to use. I predict Uni to take out the double.

Metro has startled me somewhat after a very difficult start to the year they've done pretty good. An ageing side however, they still got the results are in the hunt for a title win. On what I have seen, I don't think they'll make the grand final (happy to be proved wrong). The other 3 teams have far too much skill and polish to be squeezed out by Metro.

A big shout out to Campbelltown...hope they can get a on before the year is out. Kelsey their captain has to be commended for sticking it out during a very hard and challenging year. Others came into the team with big fanfare but lasted one game. A quality player and individual whose character speaks volumes. Also to the coach for his continuing discipline and commitment. I reckon one more year in prems would have seen huge improvements. Sadly they only get one year. Hope the other team/s that are banking on promotion can take note and realise that a lot of work in player development and recruiting must occur if you aant to have a degree of success in the WNPL.