Lady Reds Coach To Quit

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Lady Reds Coach To Quit

Post by sportsbird »

Several ex NTC players have been contacted lately by the NTC/FFSA to return and train with them but have refused due to the poor standard of coaching and an environment which is not enjoyable.
New players have also been asked to try out but have refused their offer.
Not good when players don't want to represent their state.
How long will it take before the FFSA rectify the situation before its too late.

Finding Sportsbird
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by Finding Sportsbird »

Sorry only 1 player was asked to come back as she is very talented but wasting her time in the prems as its standards are not at high quality and is not far from being under FFA selectors noses. She has great potential but is not committed to a full time program and is happy to play socially and train 2 nights a week.

No other players have been asked to come into the program and of late the NTC have used some younger girls from Johnno's team and have done really well and further more the coach from NTC has requested these girls to come and do some sessions.

The game has evolved if you haven't noticed Sportsbird its not just the technical side of the game but now its the tactical and the physical attributes that cover the game, now in the prems tell me that is the case?

Worthless Gobemouche
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Worthless Gobemouche »

Boutsi13 wrote:Sorry only 1 player was asked to come back as she is very talented but wasting her time in the prems as its standards are not at high quality and is not far from being under FFA selectors noses. She has great potential but is not committed to a full time program and is happy to play socially and train 2 nights a week.
Are you suggesting that Prems is now considered the new 'social' competition ?

Finding Sportsbird

Well do you think its a high standard? Are the girls getting the right training (Conditioning,Tactical,Technical)? are they training enough times a week? These questions are for the majority clubs with exception for some.

Worthless Gobemouche
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Worthless Gobemouche »

As much as I hate replying in this thread, until the womens game begins 'professional' enough, training twice a week will have to suffice for most clubs. There are jobs to hold down, Uni / School assignments to complete, children to look after in some instances. To imply that Prems is now the 'social' standard is an insult to the 270 women involved in the Prems / Reserves squads who manage to complete their study, hold down full time and part time jobs, raise children and still complete 2 training sessions a week, plus coach ( as is the case at the club I'm involved with ) junior sides

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Boutsi13 wrote:Well do you think its a high standard? Are the girls getting the right training (Conditioning,Tactical,Technical)? are they training enough times a week? These questions are for the majority clubs with exception for some.
Boutsi13,
Finally we agree on something, that the standard of the Premier League is below par. Which I have been saying for a while.
But, part of the problem is the FFSA taking away good players from the clubs on a full time basis. We do not have the population to do it.
As you are part of the Pathway program, what has RA or yourself done to assist the clubs in raising the standards?
Nothing, because you don't give a cabernet about the clubs other than coaching your own elite players in your own little world.
The only thing that is done well is treating the players with disrespect.
You also talk about "Conditioning, Tactical and Technical". Well I know for sure that your players are not given any written documents in relation to their progress such as fitness level, conditioning level, strengths and weakness, performance etc. other than verbal directions on the day.
If giving players a verbal assessment is professional well I think the FFSA needs to re-think who they have in charge of the program.
Finally not all clubs are like Adel City or Metro when the FFSA have taken so many players leaving the vulnerable clubs to defend themselves from extinction and are unable to give the quality training they deserve.
So stop crapping about how good your program and start helping the premier competition and the first thing is remove the FFSA U14/15 from the Premiers League. It is a joke and you know it. That's why the FFSA changed the rules to allow players from the NTC to play down to assist in stopping the demolition.

Finding Sportsbird

Sportsbird do some home work as you may find out im not involved with the program and that i only take interest in the sport male/female and find things amusing on this site when people like you don't really have a clue. Maybe come to me in person if you think you know me and talk facts about the game than listening to your shite on here, would love to meet you.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Boutsi13 wrote:Sportsbird do some home work as you may find out im not involved with the program and that i only take interest in the sport male/female and find things amusing on this site when people like you don't really have a clue. Maybe come to me in person if you think you know me and talk facts about the game than listening to your shite on here, would love to meet you.
For someone who says sorry and he is not in the program seems to now a lot about what goes on in the program as you stated below.
"Sorry only 1 player was asked to come back as she is very talented but wasting her time in the prems as its standards are not at high quality and is not far from being under FFA selectors noses. She has great potential but is not committed to a full time program and is happy to play socially and train 2 nights a week."
I can assure that more than one players was asked to the NTC etc.

Mod-jets
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Mod-jets »

Is Sportsbird "John Norman" indisguise?

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Mod-jets wrote:Is Sportsbird "John Norman" indisguise?
lol
no I am not John Norman" but I would probably get things done if I was him

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

Boutsi13 wrote:Well do you think its a high standard? Are the girls getting the right training (Conditioning,Tactical,Technical)? are they training enough times a week? These questions are for the majority clubs with exception for some.
I think a lot of coaches are doing a great job fitting in as much as they can in the contact time they have with their squads.

Yes, some clubs may train twice of three times a week, but it's the value of those sessions that makes a difference.

I would dispute your point of players not getting the right training tactically - all Premier League coaches have a minimum License requirement and they should be well educated (and experienced) with this. Whether they choose to then impart this knowledge on their team is another story, as there are some tough choices to make when you potentially only have 3 hours in a week to prepare for a high-level opponent as well as managing players that are injured, only coming to one session, looking at Reserves players, trying out new tactics, keeping base fitness, addressing technical deficiencies, talking to parents / committees / assistants / players individually, etc...

In other words, I don't think (some) coaches should be getting bashed on here for blanket deficiencies.

magicfootball1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by magicfootball1 »

And you would know? maybe get your muscat out to the training sessions and see, more than what RA does or any ffsa technical person does, frankly a joke. All the years ive watched training never seen a women's director of football get their hands dirty , apart from GH and poorly attempted by DE.

Otherwise a complete non interest and ridicule of the clubs, players and parents will eventually work out threats and poor coaching will result in non-attendance and commitment will go, walk away as so many have and will continue to do.

a credit to coaches in premier league and reserves as they have limited time and yet produce some excellent football, they conditioning , tactical and technical was there and i doubt most coaches actually know how the conditioning works. Maybe go out and have a look might learn something.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Well said magic football,
I couldn't have said that better myself.
Totally agree with your comments.
IT'S TIME TO CHANGE.
Get back to reality and look after the clubs that supply you with the players.
Get the competition back to where it should be.
This is about the players and clubs not FFSA.
Otherwise why dont you get rid of the clubs and form a competition within yourself called the FFSA Internal Premier League consisting of NTC, Under 14/15, under 13 and the boys league and good luck.
And to the Women's clubs, unite, stand up and be counted.
ITS TIME.
Womens Netball, Aussie Rules, Cricket and basketball have taken off.
Lets catch up.
To do that we need a clean slate which RA and co needs to go and the clubs need to run the league and the FFSA enforce the rules.

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

sportsbird wrote:Well said magic football,
I couldn't have said that better myself.
Totally agree with your comments.
IT'S TIME TO CHANGE.
Get back to reality and look after the clubs that supply you with the players.
Get the competition back to where it should be.
This is about the players and clubs not FFSA.
Otherwise why dont you get rid of the clubs and form a competition within yourself called the FFSA Internal Premier League consisting of NTC, Under 14/15, under 13 and the boys league and good luck.
And to the Women's clubs, unite, stand up and be counted.
ITS TIME.
Womens Netball, Aussie Rules, Cricket and basketball have taken off.
Lets catch up.
To do that we need a clean slate which RA and co needs to go and the clubs need to run the league and the FFSA enforce the rules.
Imagine the club's running the league. :lol: Self interest that already dominates would just run rampant.
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

Mod-jets
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Mod-jets »

80fikkkkkk ulehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Imagine the club's running the league. :lol: Self interest that already dominates would just run rampant.

2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

And the current Women's Premier league is working well. :wink:

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Finally, RA has finally realised that you have to treat women footballers.
RA's Quote in the FIFA Womens World Cup 2015.

"You've got to be different in women's football," Aliosi 42 said.

"The one thing women's football has taught me is that you've got to become more patient and your word things differently, and that's helped grow as a coach as well."

"Of course you're a lot more polite. You want to get the best out of your players."

It finally took RA to be mentored under Alen Stajcic of how to coach and treat women players.

Now that RA has realises his weakness, I hope walks the talk.

To all you critics of me, I told you so.

From me, this is definitely my last comment on this issue.

And well done to the Matildas in qualifying in the next round.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

sportsbird

It finally took RA to be mentored under Alen Stajcic of how to coach and treat women players.

is this a fact or are you making up stories again????
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

megabonus

I don't make up stories.
Check yesterdays paper in the sports section under "Softly Softly working for Ross Aloisi"

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

^^^^^^^^^^

you haven't answered the question...is Ross quoted as saying what youre assuming???

yes or no???
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Yes megabonus
this is a fact did you want me to spell it out for you.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Yes...spell it out for me....I've just read the article and it doesn't mention anything about Ross' 'new' perspective being down to Stajcic.....See below...
“The one thing women’s football has taught me is that you’ve got to become more patient and you word things differently and that’s helped me grow as a coach as well.

Which means your claim of "I told you so"....is :oops: :oops: :oops: and no, Ross is not quoted as saying it....it's merely an assumption you're making to suit your argument.

Finding Sportsbird

Sportsbird get off this site you're a drop kick. Your opinion means shite to all of us. Anyway seeing that you think you know it all why don't you take over as coach?

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

RA must resign now or the FFSA should sack him.
Its just not good enough that both the state under 13's and Under 15's teams have not won a game in 4 days.
I thought RA was appointed to raise the standards of women's soccer at all levels. He has failed.
The FFSA pay him $80,000 a year and the only thing he has achieved in 3 years is being appointed as Assistant Coach of the Matildas.
Enough excuses, RA must go.
Enough is enough. SA have gone backwards.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

A sad result with no wins from the state Under 13/15's teams.
A complete whitewash.
Where to now?

Dead Charlotte
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Dead Charlotte »

Personally I am going to bed.

yoda
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by yoda »

Hot news: RA to Brisbane Roar as assistant to his brother. Heard it here first
"Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

"Go, I will. Good relations with the Wookiees, I have."

I'm Not U
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by I'm Not U »

yoda wrote:Hot news: RA to Brisbane Roar as assistant to his brother. Heard it here first
Read it first here, I did.
Steve McGarrett is on the case

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

If this is true, Women's Soccer in SA will be better off.
Just goes to show its about RA.

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

sportsbird wrote:If this is true, Women's Soccer in SA will be better off.
Just goes to show its about RA.
I thought it was all about sportsbird. :?
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B