Girls Barcelona Tour U14 & U16

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

Girls Tour Spain
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Girls Barcelona Tour U14 & U16

Post by Girls Tour Spain »

I am excited to announce that Soccer Services and I are bringing 2 Girls teams on a 2 week Barcelona Tour to play in the MIC International Cup, one of Spain's biggest Tournaments. 

I have been sending boys tours to Europe over the past two years and with women’s football the fastest growing sport in Australia at the moment this is a great experience for young women to experience being a professional footballer for two weeks.

This is not only a football tour for the girls but it’s also about the whole experience of visiting Barcelona, seeing the city and watching one of the biggest teams in the world play.

We will be taking two teams: U14 team (7-a-side tournament) 
U16 team (11-a-side tournament)
(In Spain 11-a-side isn’t played until 16 years of age therefore the U14 tournament is 7-a-side).

Tour Includes:
Airport transfers on arrival and departure days
13 nights full board i.e. bed, breakfast, lunch and dinner
All other transfers during the tour
Participation in the MIC International Cup
3 Fixture games vs professional girls junior clubs
4 training sessions with professional coaches
Apparel
Camp Nou Stadium Tour
Camp Nou – Senior match Barcelona vs Almeria
City Tour - visit the most famous sights in Barcelona (La Sagrada Familia & take a stroll on Las Rambalas).

We will be departing Adelaide on the 27th of March and returning on the 9th of April. Price all inclusive for
players will be $5,200. Prices all inclusive for parents wanting to travel will be $4,400.

We will be holding trials over the following days:

Dates: Saturday 31st January & Saturday 7th February
Time: 9am start to 10.30am (on both days)
Venue: Campbelltown City Soccer Club

12 players will be selected for the U14 team - 2001 & 2002 born.
18 players will be selected for the U16 team - 1999 & 2000 born.

If you are interested in attending the tour and would like to trial, can you please reply via email to michael.matricciani@hotmail.com with your Name, DOB, Contact Email and Playing Position. If you have any enquiries please contact me via email or call me on 0402 199 514.

Kind regards

Michael Matricciani
Soccer Services Rep South Australia

The General
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Girls Barcelona Tour U14 & U16

Post by The General »

Good luck with that.
Just wondering, for the amount of money involved ( approx $10,000 for player and 1 parent ) could you put all that money together, and pay for the Spanish team to come out here ? Might even cost less than that ?
Spain women's team is ranked about 5 places below the Matildas.

Dont always have to go overseasand incur huge expenses, can we look hosting a competition, and invite different European /American teams coming here for a mini tournament ?

Just thinking outside the square :)