Lady Reds Coach To Quit

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Lady Reds Coach To Quit

Post by sportsbird »

Rumour has it that the Lady Reds Coach may quit after the 2015 season.
The talk around town is that he may even quit after this season and return to the mens league.
Apparently he is fed up with politics in women's soccer and the lack of support from clubs and others.

Socca
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Lady Reds Coach To Quit

Post by Socca »

Bigger and better

the barbarian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the barbarian »

really? but if true, not really surprised

bres
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by bres »

I don't think anyone can doubt his ability as a coach
But I think he's struggling with the two caps he has
What's best for wleague and also being in charge of women's football SA
And what's best for the lower leagues
The two jobs should have seperate people

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Lady Reds Coach has been offered another position and will be leaving after the W league season.
He has done a fantastic job in leading the club and improving the win loss ratio from 3 wins last year to 3 wins this year.

Mrs Red
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Mrs Red »

I wonder what his next adventure will be.

The girls appear to have had an up and down year. Beating Perth the top team and MV and the Roar but if they lose on the weekend they could finish bottom. Goals against (27 in 11 games) appear to have been a killer for them.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

I've heard that the Head coach is the sweetest, generous and approachable coach in SA.
He does not swear at the players.
He does not abuse the players.
He does not be-little the players.
He never says how useless the player is.
He never says to the players that they will never play while he is coach.
He never says go back to the club and get fit and I will consider you coming back.
He fully supports and assist players that do not fit his regime.
He never knocks the premier clubs as he believes they are at a quality level.
He never knocks the coaches of the Premier Clubs.
What a wonderful coach, we need more coaches like him.
Don't Leave!!!!!!!!!!!!

magicfootball1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by magicfootball1 »

LOL

Back Pack
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Back Pack »

Some of things you need to do otherwise players won't harden up.
The old grey school bag is dead!

Worthless Gobemouche
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Worthless Gobemouche »

"When the crowds chant, 'you've got the wrong Aloisi', I think it's hilarious. I must be doing something right for Adelaide if I do enough to get the whole stadium so they chant that."
What about when the Adelaide supporters chant that ?

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

It appears the FFSA have targeted two potential coaches to replace RA.
Ross has done a extraordinary job in winning one more game than last year. A great achievement. In two years he has gone from last to second to last. Pity he wasn't around next year, by going on past years, he would expect to improve to third to bottom in 2015.
That would be a sensational achievement. And if he had continued further, he would have achieved top spot around year 2023.
Anyway, I believe the two candidates that are being targeted is one experienced women's coach from Adelaide and the other from Sydney.
It would be interesting to see who replaces Ross.
Their is also a farewell party being held without RA attending. Unsure about this one. It could be just a rumour.

COYR98
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by COYR98 »

sportsbird wrote:It appears the FFSA have targeted two potential coaches to replace RA.
Ross has done a extraordinary job in winning one more game than last year. A great achievement. In two years he has gone from last to second to last. Pity he wasn't around next year, by going on past years, he would expect to improve to third to bottom in 2015.
That would be a sensational achievement. And if he had continued further, he would have achieved top spot around year 2023.
Anyway, I believe the two candidates that are being targeted is one experienced women's coach from Adelaide and the other from Sydney.
It would be interesting to see who replaces Ross.
Their is also a farewell party being held without RA attending. Unsure about this one. It could be just a rumour.
Someones abit bitter that themselves/their daughter didn't get picked in the team.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Hi coyr98,
Unfortunately your comments are incorrect.
Maybe you should read between the lines a bit harder and you may get the right answer.
Hint: Players and past players are absolutely happy with the environment they are in and they way they are being coached, or are they?????????????

hooch
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by hooch »

So who are the coaches in line for he job

the barbarian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by the barbarian »

if you are correct another step backwards??

Finding Sportsbird
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by Finding Sportsbird »

Sportsbird is that a statement or a question your telling?
Just to inform you that the set up since RA took over has be nothing but professional, in the past players got away with alot of things and to RA credit he has done a great job and has been honest with all players. Unfortunately it can be a hard pill to swallow as some players can't except the truth. As for current players they all respect him highly not only as a coach but as a person off the field. What you see is what you get from RA a honest opinion all for the best of potential and current players.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Mr boutsi13
you can take it either way, as a question or a statement.
However, if you believe in your own mind that all current players are happy with the coach and have a lot of respect for him, then how can we argue with you.
How can I also argue that the coach has been proffessional when he has done a wonderful job getting the team from bottom to second to bottom. That is a great achievement it its self.
How can we argue that he has treated the players with respect.
No-ones going to disagree the fact that he has recruited well.
No-ones going to disagree that he has all the support from all clubs
No-ones going to disagree that he has fully supported all the clubs.
No-ones going to disagree that the coach has full support from the FFSA.
No-ones going to disagree that he had no issues with the FFSA.
Its just great to see only you fully support the head coach the way you do.
In conclusion, I just would like to say that the head coach has done a great job and hope he continues to do the hard work which ever club he is going to.
All the best to the new head coach in 2015 who has a big job in filling the shoes left behind.

Finding Sportsbird

Just to let you know RA is still the coach so there is no shoes to fill.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Mr boutsi13
Firstly, sorry if you misunderstood what I meant, I wasn't referring to RA's big shoes that need filling.
Secondly, the players will be really, really, really ecstatic that RA is remaining.
In conclusion, your announcement that RA will stay next year and if this is true, it will be the best thing that has happened for years.
It means that there will be elite players returning to the local Premier Clubs which will strengthen the league in 2015.
Thanks Mr boutsi13.
Finally, this is the last time I will be communicating on this subject as my point has been made.

Finding Sportsbird

By the way it's Mrs boutsi13 and which players are you referring to as elite??

magicfootball1
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by magicfootball1 »

Well , with the final table in 2014, dropped a place down from last year. Scored less goals and conceded double the amount from last year, doesn't look good.
Let's hope RA can get them playing next year. See how the squad goes in the boys league I guess.

Socca
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Socca »

Socca wrote:Bigger and better
Told ya !

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

Big congrats to RA, has been really good with the lady reds and is a top guy so deserves the success.
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

hooch
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by hooch »

Ok now RA announcement has been made who is in the running for Lady Reds job?

Finding Sportsbird

As mentioned before RA still coach of the ntc and lady reds.

Socca
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Socca »

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/foo ... 7163814808
Ross Aloisi is the new Matildas assistant coach and national under-17 women’s coach.
ROSS Aloisi’s Matildas coaching appointment is in tune with SA fast becoming the haven for national team mentors.

After the state was in the 1990s lauded by the late Johnny Warren as the capital of Australian soccer when Adelaide City produced Socceroos galore former Adelaide United skipper Ross Aloisi will today be announced as the new assistant Matildas coach and the boss of Australia’s women’s U-17 national team.

Aloisi now joins SA legends Aurelio Vidmar - assistant coach of the Socceroos and boss of the Olyroos — and Tony Vidmar — boss of the AIS and the Joeys — on the national coaching stage.

Aloisi’s first official gig will be at the FIFA women’s World Cup in June where he will be by the side of Matildas boss Alen Stajcic.

It has been a remarkable rise for Aloisi after he was thrust into the Lady Reds role a little more than a year ago before becoming chief of Football Federation South Australia’s women’s program.

“I’m definitely honoured to be involved with the national team set up and to be working with Alen Stajcic,’’ Aloisi said.

Ross Aloisi has won the job as assistant Matildas coach and under-17 women's boss.
“It’s moved really quickly and I’m actually a bit shocked on how it’s all happened.

“I didn’t expect this but I think coaching the NTC girls and having success with the NTC challenge for SA where we won everything, the points, the technical points and the final and having 13 SA girls go into three different national team camps helped.”

Aloisi was in Sydney on Thursday meeting Football Federation Australia officials to help put together a strategic plan for women’s football in 2015.

The Matildas are expected to be in many camps before the Canada World Cup with Aloisi set to be at the first one for the year in Canberra next month.

But despite his rapid rise in the coaching ranks Aloisi has done the hard yards.

His first coaching gig was the Campbelltown U-17 side where he had Rob Silvestri by his side before he was made senior coach of West Adelaide.

In three seasons he led West from the third division to the NPL this year where Aloisi was undefeated in 43 games which by all reports is an Australian record.

Aloisi said cutting his teeth with the young Campbelltown side and the West Adelaide part-timers has helped him have patience

Particularly when it comes to organising training schedules around players men and women that work, go to school or attend university.

“It has helped in a sense that it was an apprenticeship,’’ he said.

“It was about management and psychology but the FFA’s coaching education pathway has helped immensely.

“I have had a lot of help from Rob Sherwen at FFA he was a mentor, Airton Andrioli the technical director at FFSA and Nik Hagicostas who has worked with me with fitness and conditioning.”

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

We must applaud RA for his appointment and the fantastic job he has done with the lady reds in 2014/2015 compared to 2013/2014 as seen in the table below. All coaches should follow RA leadership and success and one day you could be an assistant to the Matildas Coach just by going down the ladder.

2013/2014
Pos Team Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Canberra United 12 9 0 3 28 8 +20 27
2 Sydney FC 12 8 2 2 37 14 +23 26
3 Melbourne Victory 12 7 2 3 23 12 +11 23
4 Brisbane Roar 12 7 2 3 22 16 +6 23
5 Perth Glory 12 5 0 7 17 31 −14 15
6 Adelaide United 12 3 4 5 12 15 −3 13
7 Western Sydney 12 2 3 7 17 23 −6 9
8 Newcastle Jets 12 0 1 11 10 47 −37 1

2014/2015
Pos Team Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Perth Glory 12 10 0 0 39 10 +29 30
2 Melbourne Victory 12 6 2 4 26 15 +11 20
3 Canberra United 12 6 2 4 22 18 +04 20
4 Sydney FC 12 5 3 4 17 16 +01 18
5 Newcastle Jets 12 5 2 5 25 21 +04 17
6 Brisbane Roar 12 4 2 6 18 19 −01 14
7 Adelaide United 12 3 1 8 9 29 -20 10
8 Western Sydney 12 2 2 8 14 42 −28 08

Socca
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Socca »

sportsbird wrote: Finally, this is the last time I will be communicating on this subject as my point has been made.

sportsbird
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sportsbird »

Hey socca,
I forgot :wink:
No comments on the table.
Amazing how facts don't lie.

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

sportsbird wrote:Hey socca,
I forgot :wink:
No comments on the table.
Amazing how facts don't lie.
Amazing how bitter some people can get.
So sportsbird, has he quit or not?
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B