Pakistan v australia

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: Pakistan v australia

Post by Bomber »

Rookie wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:38 am
Bomber wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:59 am
eagleboy wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:04 pm
Rookie wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:43 pm So Aussies batted on for another 30 mins, why??
They consider the pitch will break up as cracks are starting to appear. Doubt they an bowl the Paki's out twice in remaining time.
Depends on who the Paki's have placed their win bet on with the bookies.
Assuming we declare before lunch day 4, there should be plenty time to bowl them out on a deteriorating wicket.
Ok i will eat humble pie
Its always easy in hindsight. I doubt many would have thought Pakistan getting skittled for 148 for starters. Can understand why you'd chalk up some quick runs to make the game "safe" rather than enforcing the follow on given 2 days to play too.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

You never enforce the follow on unless time is a factor.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

How funny was the south african celebrating the review only to see that that the bloke middled it.

Still seeing some aussies whingeing about it on social media.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

How funny was the south african claiming a catch that bounced 3m in front of him?

Lyon accused of ball tampering as well.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Smith's dropped catch (late day 4) and couple DRS decisions that would have been out if the ump raised the finger could have assisted in a win, but impressed with Pakistan's fightback. Babar a great knock. Down to the deciding test.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:08 am Smith's dropped catch (late day 4) and couple DRS decisions that would have been out if the ump raised the finger could have assisted in a win, but impressed with Pakistan's fightback. Babar a great knock. Down to the deciding test.

That's the issue with umpire's call and home umpires. Didn't seem to be an issue for the locals in the last ashes series though.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:42 am
Bomber wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:08 am Smith's dropped catch (late day 4) and couple DRS decisions that would have been out if the ump raised the finger could have assisted in a win, but impressed with Pakistan's fightback. Babar a great knock. Down to the deciding test.

That's the issue with umpire's call and home umpires. Didn't seem to be an issue for the locals in the last ashes series though.
Just an observation, no real issues - swings and roundabouts.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:26 am

A lot of australians making that "observation" in this series who didn't notice it in the last ashes series. I wonder why.

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Yeh agree, even Uzzy dropped an absolute dolly with about 3 or 4 overs to go, let's hope the next pitch has some more juice in it

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:49 am

A lot of australians making that "observation" in this series who didn't notice it in the last ashes series. I wonder why.
Really? Now that I have to call out as a whinge. Almost a cry, but let's go with standard whinge for now. Poor old england, always the victim.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:15 pm

Really? Now that I have to call out as a whinge. Almost a cry, but let's go with standard whinge for now. Poor old england, always the victim.
It's a whinge to call out bias, hypocrisy and whingeing?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:21 pm
Bomber wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:15 pm

It's a whinge to call out bias, hypocrisy and whingeing?
In this instance, YES. Observation is one thing, complaining about it is another, therefore no bias or hypocrisy. You are the one complaining here.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

When did I complain about it, I just made the observation?

For a nation who lead the way at whingeing it always amazes me that you don't know what it is.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:51 pm When did I complain about it, I just made the observation?

For a nation who lead the way at whingeing it always amazes me that you don't know what it is.
Did you ever refer to the "cheating" Aussie umpires at any stage during the last ashes?
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:50 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:51 pm When did I complain about it, I just made the observation?

Did you ever refer to the "cheating" Aussie umpires at any stage during the last ashes?
I believe there may have been one decision that I said they were "either cheating or incompetent".

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:02 am

I believe there may have been one decision that I said they were "either cheating or incompetent".
One decision in a 5 test series, where we won 4-0 (almost 5-0). So your single "observation" either wasn't that obvious to be relevant, or was perhaps just a whinge, given the "cheating/incompetent" use of language. Which was it?
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:45 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:02 am

One decision in a 5 test series, where we won 4-0 (almost 5-0). So your single "observation" either wasn't that obvious to be relevant, or was perhaps just a whinge, given the "cheating/incompetent" use of language. Which was it?
There was more than one that were "umpires call" in the ashes in australia's favour.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

lol sounds like a definite whinge to me , oh poor us we got robbed by the umpires :crazy:
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Err, what Dave said (well, near enough) ;-)
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Just Dave now wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:25 pm lol sounds like a definite whinge to me , oh poor us we got robbed by the umpires :crazy:
Please provide the quote of me saying that or anything even close to that.

How long do you need me to wait for or do you just want to admit you are wong right now?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Just seen the vision of Khawaja dropping a catch at cover whilst wearing a lid. :lol:

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

God is an Englishman wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:22 pm
Just Dave now wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:25 pm lol sounds like a definite whinge to me , oh poor us we got robbed by the umpires :crazy:

How long do you need me to wait for or do you just want to admit you are wong right now?
God is an Englishman wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:20 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:13 am
Bomber wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:40 am
N5 1BH wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:02 am Was always going to be an uphill struggle what with no warm ups and 2 home umpires giving benefit of the doubt to home team. But we’ll try to push on. England 2-3, Root top scorer
You seriously think the umpires had bearing on the result so far? :lol:

As for warm ups, our guys hardly played any test cricket in 2021 as opposed to your lot.

Does appear that 50/50 decisions have gone one way. How many reviews have been umpires call in Australia's favour? Day 2 Adelaide saw the umpires keep the team on the field when it was raining and there was lightning which left England another wicket down.

Australia have had shield cricket, didn't have quarantine and didn't have their warm up games interrupted by weather.

But, to your question, no real bearing on the results.
Another umpires review going Australia's way.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Just Dave now wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:14 pm

N5 1BH wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:02 am Was always going to be an uphill struggle what with no warm ups and 2 home umpires giving benefit of the doubt to home team. But we’ll try to push on. England 2-3, Root top scorer

As for warm ups, our guys hardly played any test cricket in 2021 as opposed to your lot.

Does appear that 50/50 decisions have gone one way. How many reviews have been umpires call in Australia's favour? Day 2 Adelaide saw the umpires keep the team on the field when it was raining and there was lightning which left England another wicket down.

Australia have had shield cricket, didn't have quarantine and didn't have their warm up games interrupted by weather.

You think stating a fact about the reviews is claiming we were robbed?

You're funny. No wonder your nickname is now Tilly.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Twitch weirdo complaining about the robot moving at mid wicket.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:58 pm

you went on about it which is evidenced above. your whingeing is plain to see , well to most normal people

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Just Dave now wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:08 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:58 pm

you went on about it which is evidenced above. your whingeing is plain to see , well to most normal people
:lol:

So, when did I say we were robbed?

When did I "go on about it"?

How do you know about "normal people"?

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:09 pm Twitch weirdo complaining about the robot moving at mid wicket.
Stuart Broad did the same thing during the Ashes series when coming into bowl ...

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

C U Next Saturday wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:50 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:09 pm Twitch weirdo complaining about the robot moving at mid wicket.
Stuart Broad did the same thing during the Ashes series when coming into bowl ...

Correct, and he was ridiculed for it by aussies.

Stokes did similar in the WI when the dj started up a song in his delivery stride.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:53 am

Stokes did similar in the WI when the dj started up a song in his delivery stride.
So its ok now for movement in the batsman's eyeline when bowler is running up? Shall we do away with sightscreens now? ;-)
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:20 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:53 am

So its ok now for movement in the batsman's eyeline when bowler is running up? Shall we do away with sightscreens now? ;-)

No, it's very wrong and needs to be stopped.

The robot was a mid wicket.