Freo & Eagles 2022

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Freo & Eagles 2022

Post by ozzie owl »

Could both sides lose some home games in 2022 thanks to King Mark.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: Freo & Eagles 2022

Post by Bomber »

Whilst he stamps his feet and has his residents believing he is their god whilst separated from rest of the country (and world), they should sit out the season altogether if they are not willing to relocate.
Make a stand AFL. They were gifted a GF last year. Now they lost an ashes test and let them lose more. Why should the eastern states do all the heavy lifting?
Ignore this signature

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Bomber wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:53 pm Whilst he stamps his feet and has his residents believing he is their god whilst separated from rest of the country (and world), they should sit out the season altogether if they are not willing to relocate.
Make a stand AFL. They were gifted a GF last year. Now they lost an ashes test and let them lose more. Why should the eastern states do all the heavy lifting?
I agree relocate or have season off.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

i dont think its feasible to relocate 40+ players, coaching staff and support staff plus families for the duration of the season...
I dont think Fox & C7 will allow for a reduction of games per week as contracted

something will have to give....I believe the WA govt will have to make some concessions (but they are 1 year into a 4 year term having been recently re-elected)
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

MegaBonus wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:47 pm i dont think its feasible to relocate 40+ players, coaching staff and support staff plus families for the duration of the season...
I dont think Fox & C7 will allow for a reduction of games per week as contracted

something will have to give....I believe the WA govt will have to make some concessions (but they are 1 year into a 4 year term having been recently re-elected)
Surely they (govt) are delaying the inevitable. If anything, they could have better prepared their health system to cope having seen what has transpired interstate.
You'd be rightly nervous if you were a Freo or West Coast player at the moment. They should be preparing for long periods away from home whilst this keeps up.
Ignore this signature

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

A gentle reminder: W.A. State Labor 53 seats in Parliament.

Libs 2(!).

Nats 4.

McGowan’s not worried. There will still be approvals for Western Australians with important family connections needing to be made, those on compassionate and medical grounds, etc.

Not many Covid cases or deaths over there. His population seem happy, without the contagious spread, the ICU cases on ventilators, the deaths. It would be interesting to know what percentage of the far-flung, over-there plebs who have relatives in the states over the Nullarbor to the East who are desperately pining for their borders to be opened. Less than 0.5%, if that?

McGowan can easily afford to say to he-who-must-be-obeyed (Morrison) - go and get faa.r.ked!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Con M wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:04 pm A gentle reminder: W.A. State Labor 53 seats in Parliament.

Libs 2(!).

Nats 4.

McGowan’s not worried. There will still be approvals for Western Australians with important family connections needing to be made, those on compassionate and medical grounds, etc.

Not many Covid cases or deaths over there. His population seem happy, without the contagious spread, the ICU cases on ventilators, the deaths. It would be interesting to know what percentage of the far-flung, over-there plebs who have relatives in the states over the Nullarbor to the East who are desperately pining for their borders to be opened. Less than 0.5%, if that?

McGowan can easily afford to say to he-who-must-be-obeyed (Morrison) - go and get faa.r.ked!
All good until he starts running to the Feds for help.

PS - there have been many reports of family connections on compassionate grounds that are being denied every day.
Ignore this signature