Ashes 21/22

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Ashes 21/22

Post by God is an Englishman »

C U Next Saturday wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:31 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:50 pm
C U Next Saturday wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:19 pm B.Toomer - tell me your not a racist

"The perennial England knocker at it again. We can always rely on old greasy for that."

"Still well above any aussie coach or players. English managers in the Premier League...7, Scottish ...1, greasy...0, aussie....0. :lol:"

"Hey greasy, I'm not your cousin & you're certainly not my beloved. Racist toe rag."

"The aussies are the whinging World Champs. aussies... poor losers & even poorer winners. Although, aussies are a well balanced race...chip on both shoulders. Biggest mongrel race on earth too."

"What's that greasy?"

"Racism yet again by Greasy."

"How ironic. They are your traits, greasy."
Where's the racism?

I'd say only one of those comments is racist.
Greasy appears to be his nickname for one person. You are just assuming that he means ot as a racial slur.

Maybe mega (i think thats who he calls it) is a greasy person. What nationality even is he?

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:07 pm
Just Dave now wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:00 pm why all the whingeing when you get called a pom ?
Because POM is a derogatory term for a British person. Even facebook has now banned it.
funny most poms i know see it as a term of endearment didnt know you were a thin skin
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

@ Hawksey

at worst, youve just shown yourself to be rascist or at the very least sympathetic towards B Toomer.....you know for a fact that youre telling lies.....we've had this conversation before (youve also seen me play) ...theres trolling and then theres you.....

being racist and hiding under the guise of a supposed 'nickname' :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:14 pm @ Hawksey

at worst, youve just shown yourself to be rascist or at the very least sympathetic towards B Toomer.....you know for a fact that youre telling lies.....we've had this conversation before (youve also seen me play) ...theres trolling and then theres you.....

being racist and hiding under the guise of a supposed 'nickname' :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
When have I seen you play?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Just Dave now wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:10 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:07 pm
Just Dave now wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:00 pm why all the whingeing when you get called a pom ?
Because POM is a derogatory term for a British person. Even facebook has now banned it.
funny most poms i know see it as a term of endearment didnt know you were a thin skin
I am merely giving you the facts.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Unread post by God is an Englishman » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:09 pm
MegaBonus wrote: ↑Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:44 pm
@ Hawksey

when you used to referee.....and there are current and past forumites that can confirm....now, stop being silly
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:53 pm
Unread post by God is an Englishman » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:09 pm
MegaBonus wrote: ↑Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:44 pm
@ Hawksey

when you used to referee.....and there are current and past forumites that can confirm....now, stop being silly
So, when did I see you play?

Scholes
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Scholes »

It's simple, he stops using the racist term for English people & I stop using his nickname. :smile:

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by C U Next Saturday »

B.Toomer wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:22 pm It's simple, he stops using the racist term for English people & I stop using his nickname. :smile:
for the oldest guy in here, you're definitely acting the youngest ....

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

definitely dont want to get into the same gutter as Toomer because my POM mates have no problem with it. If ever one of them told me not to use it, I'd stop in a heart beat.

i didnt realise he's that old....the way hes carrying on with all that whinging, you'd think he was from the woke generation of snowflakes....

in all seriousness, if any forumite of English heritage is offended, let me know.....

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:38 pm definitely dont want to get into the same gutter as Toomer because my POM mates have no problem with it. If ever one of them told me not to use it, I'd stop in a heart beat.

i didnt realise he's that old....the way hes carrying on with all that whinging, you'd think he was from the woke generation of snowflakes....

in all seriousness, if any forumite of English heritage is offended, let me know.....
Why would it take ALL of them to tell you?

I am offended

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:56 pm
MegaBonus wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:38 pm definitely dont want to get into the same gutter as Toomer because my POM mates have no problem with it. If ever one of them told me not to use it, I'd stop in a heart beat.

I am offended
so you are a thin skin , and funny that you have quoted lefty woke facebook as banning it who ban anything at whim these days

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Just Dave now wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:37 am

I am offended
so you are a thin skin , and funny that you have quoted lefty woke facebook as banning it who ban anything at whim these days

If it's thin skinned to not accept racism then so be it.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:45 am

I am offended

so it offends you but you seem to think terms like greasy and convict are ok even though others may see similar offence as you do with the pom reference. funny that

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Just Dave now wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:16 am

I am offended

so it offends you but you seem to think terms like greasy and convict are ok even though others may see similar offence as you do with the pom reference. funny that
Greasy is a nickname for one person, not a nationality.

Can you show me a reference that convict is racist, rather than just a statement of fact. Are you not proud of your country's history?

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:38 am

I am offended

Can you show me a reference that convict is racist, rather than just a statement of fact. Are you not proud of your country's history?
greasy is a racist term so whether its a nickname or not others have deemed it so.
now you need a reference to prove convict is racist when you poms clearly reference it in derogatory ways to boost your pitiful egos whilst sooking about the term pom when many media outlets seem to be ok with it.
convicts were british anyway so it is probably more apt that we call you one , lol

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Just Dave now wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:40 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:38 am

I am offended

greasy is a racist term so whether its a nickname or not others have deemed it so.
now you need a reference to prove convict is racist when you poms clearly reference it in derogatory ways to boost your pitiful egos whilst sooking about the term pom when many media outlets seem to be ok with it.
convicts were british anyway so it is probably more apt that we call you one , lol
Yes, I just cooked some bacon and the frying pan is now racist.

Many convicts were British, they then became australians. So it's clearly not apt to call British people convicts when they weren't the ones caught.

So because a media outlet thinks something is OK, it must be OK?

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

this gets funnier isnt facebook a media outlet ? and convicts suddenly become another nationality because they moved here great that makes you one doesnt it ?

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

Just Dave now wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:30 pm this gets funnier isnt facebook a media outlet ? and convicts suddenly become another nationality because they moved here great that makes you one doesnt it ?
GIAE moved here so must be Australian

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

C U Next Saturday wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:33 pm
Just Dave now wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:30 pm this gets funnier isnt facebook a media outlet ? and convicts suddenly become another nationality because they moved here great that makes you one doesnt it ?
GIAE moved here so must be Australian
I never became australian.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

They moved here permanently and had descendants who lived here for hundreds of years. Are you now suggesting that after generations these people aren't australians?

When did Facebook say it was OK?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

This thread reminds me of the old days (albeit rearing it's head every now and then since). :lol:

GIAE secretly tells all his old mates over there how much he loves it here. And who could blame him? 8)
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:06 pm This thread reminds me of the old days (albeit rearing it's head every now and then since). :lol:

GIAE secretly tells all his old mates over there how much he loves it here. And who could blame him? 8)

He definitely does not. He tells the truth.

C U Next Saturday
Squad Player
Squad Player

God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:36 pm
They moved here permanently and had descendants who lived here for hundreds of years. Are you now suggesting that after generations these people aren't australians?

You have moved here permanently and have children here... so that makes you Australian

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:20 pm
Bomber wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:06 pm This thread reminds me of the old days (albeit rearing it's head every now and then since). :lol:

In an Aussie accent. C'mon, you love it here. :smile:
Ignore this signature

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

you said facebook looks at pom being offensive so why you listen to them and not mainstream media who commonly use the term pom ? point being they arent the offence police as everyone sees things differently and not just because you want to play judge and jury

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Just Dave now wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:19 pm

you said facebook looks at pom being offensive so why you listen to them and not mainstream media who commonly use the term pom ? point being they arent the offence police as everyone sees things differently and not just because you want to play judge and jury
So, when did they say it was OK?

I used facebook as one example of a place where they have decided it's racist.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:06 pm

People in England do think I have an aussie twang. However, I don't lie to them.

It's an alight country, but England is better.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:35 pm
Bomber wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:06 pm

People in England do think I have an aussie twang. However, I don't lie to them.

It's an alight country, but England is better.
I know WA has had some bushfires lately but I wouldn't go that far.
Ignore this signature