Boomers - World Cup

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Boomers - World Cup

Post by Mr Red »

Have to say as a a bit of a closet basketball fan and Im really enjoying watching the Boomers take on the world atm.

5 wins in a row and now the Boomers miss the USA in the next round, big chance to get a world cup medal now for the first time.

I must say the French did look good last night, not one turnover in the first half and rarely missed a shot. I was worried when the Boomers were down by 9 in the third but the clawed their way back early in the fourth and got over the line just in the last bit with some good plays and a last second steal by Mills when the French could have scored the winner.

Looking forward to the next round.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: Boomers - World Cup

Post by Michael »

And to think, there's no Exum or Simmons...
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Michael wrote:And to think, there's no Exum or Simmons...

Americans have a few out also but yes I did think the same.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

US lost to france, Serbia out.

If any time Aus could win Gold, its now!

Semi's

France Vs Argentina
Aus Vs Spain

The winner out of Spain vs Aus should win Gold, but the French are playing awesome.
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Mr Red
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mr Red »

Didnt play well first half overall and it was Mills that gave them a small lead at half time.

They just needed a few more players to step up in the second half which they did and in the end it was a pretty comfortable win.

Not sure how good Spain are but they are undefeated in the 5 games they have played so I dont imagine it will be easy against them on Sunday.

America had a couple of good players but the French looked stronger over all - and USA missing all them free throws down the stretch didnt help them.

Both semis should be good games.