FootballNews
http://www.footballnews.com.au/forum/

Aussie Bad Sports
http://www.footballnews.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=86423
Page 5 of 7

Author:  God is an Englishman [ Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Bad Sports

So unless it's actually quoted then it didn't happen. Reports have said it was racist.

Author:  Pooraka Sałt [ Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Bad Sports

Anyone can report something. That doesn't make it a fact.

Author:  Cooper [ Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Bad Sports

God is an Englishman wrote:
So unless it's actually quoted then it didn't happen. Reports have said it was racist.


No of course not but it works both ways. Ive seen reports and none mentioned racism, you've seen opposite. Just show how the media works I guess.

Author:  God is an Englishman [ Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Bad Sports

Cooper wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
So unless it's actually quoted then it didn't happen. Reports have said it was racist.


No of course not but it works both ways. Ive seen reports and none mentioned racism, you've seen opposite. Just show how the media works I guess.



Surely you know that in this day and age, "sledges" about someone's heritage are always going to be pushing the line.

Author:  Inoue Waka [ Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Bad Sports

I hate to say it but the pommy git is right. :P

Author:  Cooper [ Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Bad Sports

God is an Englishman wrote:
Cooper wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
So unless it's actually quoted then it didn't happen. Reports have said it was racist.


No of course not but it works both ways. Ive seen reports and none mentioned racism, you've seen opposite. Just show how the media works I guess.



Surely you know that in this day and age, "sledges" about someone's heritage are always going to be pushing the line.


Most definitely I do in this PC world. I for sure don't agree with it though.
Someone's always offended by something these days.

Author:  Michael [ Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Bad Sports

Cooper wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Cooper wrote:

No of course not but it works both ways. Ive seen reports and none mentioned racism, you've seen opposite. Just show how the media works I guess.



Surely you know that in this day and age, "sledges" about someone's heritage are always going to be pushing the line.


Most definitely I do in this PC world. I for sure don't agree with it though.
Someone's always offended by something these days.



Probably the most correct thing you have written, well done!

This world is producing to many snowflakes, forget about truth and facts any more, its all about how someone feels now.

Author:  Inoue Waka [ Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Bad Sports

I'm waiting for grosso to tell us about bogut.

Author:  Michael [ Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Bad Sports

What Bogut did was foolish, plain and simple.

Author:  Cooper [ Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Bad Sports

Michael wrote:
What Bogut did was foolish, plain and simple.


What did he do?

Author:  Stitch This [ Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Bad Sports

Inoue Waka wrote:
I'm waiting for grosso to tell us about bogut.

:lol:

Author:  Cooper [ Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Bad Sports

Italian Racists at it again

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... im-bananas

An Italian TV pundit has been sacked for saying that the only way to stop Romelu Lukaku is to give “him 10 bananas to eat”. Luciano Passirani, an Italian football journalist, was a guest on the Qui Studio a Voi Stadio show when he made the racist remark and the director of the Telelombardia show reacted immediately by saying that he would never appear on the programme again.
The show was debating Lukaku’s impact for Inter so far since joining Manchester United in the summer and Passirani said: “Lukaku is one of the best signings that Inter could have made. I don’t see another player like him on any other team in Italy. He is one of the strongest, I like him a lot because he has that strength: he is the twin of [Dúvan] Zapata at Atalanta.”

He then added: “They have something extra that the rest don’t have, and then they score the goals and drag your team forward. This guy kills you in the one-on-ones, if you try to challenge him you wind up on the floor. Either you have 10 bananas to eat, that you give to him, or …”
The director of the show, Fabio Ravezzani, said that Passirani had apologised but that that was not enough. “Mr Passirani is 80 years old and to compliment Lukaku he used a metaphor that turned out to be racist,” he said. “I think it was a terrible lack of momentary lucidity. I cannot tolerate any kind of errors, even if momentary.”
On the pitch Lukaku has been a huge success already, scoring two goals in three games as Inter sit top of Serie A. But it has been a troubled time off the pitch after he was subjected to monkey chants by Cagliari fans. To make matters worse, Inter fans then wrote an open letter supporting the Cagliari fans.

“You have to understand that Italy is not like many other north European countries where racism is a REAL problem,” said the statement, published on Facebook by a group who occupy the second tier of the Curva Nord at Inter’s San Siro home. “In Italy we use some ‘ways’ only to ‘help our teams’ and to try to make our opponents nervous, not for racism but to mess them up.”
Lukaku posted a message on Instagram after the incident in Cagliari, saying: “Many players in the last month have suffered from racial abuse ... I did yesterday too. Football is a game to be enjoyed by everyone and we shouldn’t accept any form of discrimination that will put our game in shame. I hope the football federations all over the world react strongly on all cases of discrimination!”

Author:  Bomber [ Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Bad Sports

Cue grosso going on holidays for a while...…...

Author:  Michael [ Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Bad Sports

Cooper wrote:
Italian Racists at it again

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... im-bananas

An Italian TV pundit has been sacked for saying that the only way to stop Romelu Lukaku is to give “him 10 bananas to eat”. Luciano Passirani, an Italian football journalist, was a guest on the Qui Studio a Voi Stadio show when he made the racist remark and the director of the Telelombardia show reacted immediately by saying that he would never appear on the programme again.
The show was debating Lukaku’s impact for Inter so far since joining Manchester United in the summer and Passirani said: “Lukaku is one of the best signings that Inter could have made. I don’t see another player like him on any other team in Italy. He is one of the strongest, I like him a lot because he has that strength: he is the twin of [Dúvan] Zapata at Atalanta.”

He then added: “They have something extra that the rest don’t have, and then they score the goals and drag your team forward. This guy kills you in the one-on-ones, if you try to challenge him you wind up on the floor. Either you have 10 bananas to eat, that you give to him, or …”
The director of the show, Fabio Ravezzani, said that Passirani had apologised but that that was not enough. “Mr Passirani is 80 years old and to compliment Lukaku he used a metaphor that turned out to be racist,” he said. “I think it was a terrible lack of momentary lucidity. I cannot tolerate any kind of errors, even if momentary.”
On the pitch Lukaku has been a huge success already, scoring two goals in three games as Inter sit top of Serie A. But it has been a troubled time off the pitch after he was subjected to monkey chants by Cagliari fans. To make matters worse, Inter fans then wrote an open letter supporting the Cagliari fans.

“You have to understand that Italy is not like many other north European countries where racism is a REAL problem,” said the statement, published on Facebook by a group who occupy the second tier of the Curva Nord at Inter’s San Siro home. “In Italy we use some ‘ways’ only to ‘help our teams’ and to try to make our opponents nervous, not for racism but to mess them up.”
Lukaku posted a message on Instagram after the incident in Cagliari, saying: “Many players in the last month have suffered from racial abuse ... I did yesterday too. Football is a game to be enjoyed by everyone and we shouldn’t accept any form of discrimination that will put our game in shame. I hope the football federations all over the world react strongly on all cases of discrimination!”



That's disgusting, NO EXCUSE for this behaviour!

Unfortunately still exists not only in Serie A but most countries around the world.
Unless FIFA bans these imbeciles, we will still be subject to this atrocity!

Author:  Michael [ Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Bad Sports

Good to see King Kyrgios at it again in the Laver Cup.....

Author:  Cooper [ Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Bad Sports

Bomber wrote:
Cue grosso going on holidays for a while...…...


Its what the coward does.
Dodge, deflect and run away

Author:  ozzie owl [ Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Bad Sports

Cooper wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Cue grosso going on holidays for a while...…...


Its what the coward does.
Dodge, deflect and run away


I think he might be serving a ban.

Author:  Cooper [ Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Bad Sports

ozzie owl wrote:
Cooper wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Cue grosso going on holidays for a while...…...


Its what the coward does.
Dodge, deflect and run away


I think he might be serving a ban.


If he was banned hes been back for a while. Bomber was right.

Author:  Grosso Mk II [ Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Bad Sports

Skips :oops:

Image

Author:  ozzie owl [ Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Bad Sports

Grosso any comment on this dangerous spear tackle ?



https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/49939293

Author:  Cooper [ Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Bad Sports

ozzie owl wrote:
Grosso any comment on this dangerous spear tackle ?



https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/49939293


Or the racism as posted above.

Wont happen, cowards just like to run away when its all too hard.

Author:  Grosso Mk II [ Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Bad Sports

like I give a shiraz about rugby :lol:

the skip complaining about racism :lol:

Author:  God is an Englishman [ Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Bad Sports

Grosso Mk II wrote:
like I give a shiraz about rugby :lol:

the skip complaining about racism :lol:


Ahh avoiding the subject AGAIN.

Author:  Grosso Mk II [ Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Bad Sports

God is an Englishman wrote:
Grosso Mk II wrote:
like I give a shiraz about rugby :lol:

the skip complaining about racism :lol:


Ahh avoiding the subject AGAIN.


Avoiding what subject? I couldn't give a shiraz about the stupid sport and you want me to comment on tactics? shiraz off.
I'm only highlighting skip behaviour on international stage which the whole world despises.

Author:  God is an Englishman [ Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Bad Sports

Grosso Mk II wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Grosso Mk II wrote:
like I give a shiraz about rugby :lol:

the skip complaining about racism :lol:


Ahh avoiding the subject AGAIN.


Avoiding what subject? I couldn't give a shiraz about the stupid sport and you want me to comment on tactics? shiraz off.
I'm only highlighting skip behaviour on international stage which the whole world despises.


Classic Grosso :lol:

Author:  Bomber [ Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Bad Sports

Grosso Mk II wrote:
like I give a shiraz about rugby :lol:

the skip complaining about racism :lol:


Remind me how often teams here (any sport) have been fined, games halted, games forced into empty stadiums for racist chanting?

Now let's hear the same stats over in Italy.

Does the word hypocrite exist in your lingo?

Author:  Michael [ Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Bad Sports

Bomber wrote:
Grosso Mk II wrote:
like I give a shiraz about rugby :lol:

the skip complaining about racism :lol:


Remind me how often teams here (any sport) have been fined, games halted, games forced into empty stadiums for racist chanting?

Now let's hear the same stats over in Italy.

Does the word hypocrite exist in your lingo?



Happens all over the world mate, not just in Europe.

Author:  Eyjafjallajökull [ Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Bad Sports

When has it happened in Japan?

Author:  Bomber [ Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Bad Sports

Michael wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Grosso Mk II wrote:
like I give a shiraz about rugby :lol:

the skip complaining about racism :lol:


Remind me how often teams here (any sport) have been fined, games halted, games forced into empty stadiums for racist chanting?

Now let's hear the same stats over in Italy.

Does the word hypocrite exist in your lingo?



Happens all over the world mate, not just in Europe.


It may, but funny you don't tell Grosso that, just me when I challenge him. Birds of a feather hey...

Author:  Grosso Mk II [ Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Bad Sports

The pole trying to take high ground on racism :lol:

meanwhile this happened...
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 64276.html

Page 5 of 7 All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/