"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:13 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ashes 2019
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:15 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44161
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
The video is conclusive, both hands under the ball.


It's just the space between the outstretched fingers that debunks that (plus the little bounce up into the hands).


bounces up from his hand as there is two hands underneath the ball.

What next, Archer's bowling too fast?

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ashes 2019
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:42 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 17296
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
The video is conclusive, both hands under the ball.


It's just the space between the outstretched fingers that debunks that (plus the little bounce up into the hands).


Imagine if that had been in Aussie fielder , the call of cheat would be deafening here from Toomer and Co.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ashes 2019
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:13 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 54738
Location: Between the lake and the beach
ozzie owl wrote:
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
The video is conclusive, both hands under the ball.


It's just the space between the outstretched fingers that debunks that (plus the little bounce up into the hands).


Imagine if that had been in Aussie fielder , the call of cheat would be deafening here from Toomer and Co.


I think it would have taken about 8 seconds for the "cheat" post to emerge. Suddenly it's all ok now though. Bit too obvious and usual deflections thrown in.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ashes 2019
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:22 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:45 pm
Posts: 717
Location: U.K
Surely you're not trying to say the aussie fast bowlers give 2 fucks about the batsman they've just sconed, when they go over & ask if the felled batsman is o.k? They couldn't care less, they're just being hypocrites. A lot like a lot of aussies, actually.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ashes 2019
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:24 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:45 pm
Posts: 717
Location: U.K
Typical of the convicts. Can dish it out, but can't take it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ashes 2019
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:33 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:44 pm
Posts: 887
God is an Englishman wrote:
The video is conclusive, both hands under the ball.

After the bounce


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ashes 2019
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:43 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 54738
Location: Between the lake and the beach
B.Toomer wrote:
Typical of the convicts. Can dish it out, but can't take it.


Who is complaining? Good bowling tactics in my view. Cant get Smith out normally, try and hurt him out. No problem with it, but just because a few say wouldn't have hurt the West Indian to just check on his welfare, suddenly we are whingeing and can't take it.

You never really look at yourselves do you, silly poms.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ashes 2019
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:58 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44161
No reflections needed. Facts are simple here. He caught it,
4 fingers under the ball.

No evidence to over turn it.

And the whingeing because archer hit Smith are allowed the media and social media. Not Archer's fault that Smith ducked into it. Hopefully he doesn't play in the next game but it does look like a weakness can be found.

That said, the south African replacement had a decent innings.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ashes 2019
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:08 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:11 am
Posts: 934
Location: Number 9
now come on english man you know in your heart if that was the other way around you would be all over it . that catch was no different to the one people were going on about I think it was khawaja some time ago and same thing he had fingers under it and umpire said it was out but you couldn't handle it and said it hit the ground first ra rah you cheats ra rah

_________________
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ashes 2019
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:37 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44161
Dave now from No 9 wrote:
now come on english man you know in your heart if that was the other way around you would be all over it . that catch was no different to the one people were going on about I think it was khawaja some time ago and same thing he had fingers under it and umpire said it was out but you couldn't handle it and said it hit the ground first ra rah you cheats ra rah


There we have it, I was called a whinger for mentioning it.

Apparently it's different of you think an English person has done it. This one was an obvious catch though. Aussies have history of claiming dropped catches.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ashes 2019
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:53 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 54738
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
Dave now from No 9 wrote:
now come on english man you know in your heart if that was the other way around you would be all over it . that catch was no different to the one people were going on about I think it was khawaja some time ago and same thing he had fingers under it and umpire said it was out but you couldn't handle it and said it hit the ground first ra rah you cheats ra rah


There we have it, I was called a whinger for mentioning it.

Apparently it's different of you think an English person has done it. This one was an obvious catch though. Aussies have history of claiming dropped catches.


Your bias it getting way too obvious. You'd be having chickens if Warner or Smith (or any Aussie for that matter) claimed that one.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ashes 2019
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:11 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44161
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Dave now from No 9 wrote:
now come on english man you know in your heart if that was the other way around you would be all over it . that catch was no different to the one people were going on about I think it was khawaja some time ago and same thing he had fingers under it and umpire said it was out but you couldn't handle it and said it hit the ground first ra rah you cheats ra rah


There we have it, I was called a whinger for mentioning it.

Apparently it's different of you think an English person has done it. This one was an obvious catch though. Aussies have history of claiming dropped catches.


Your bias it getting way too obvious. You'd be having chickens if Warner or Smith (or any Aussie for that matter) claimed that one.


why woild I have a chicken for them claiming a clear catch?

Your hypocrisy is showing with this whinge.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ashes 2019
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:46 pm 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:43 pm
Posts: 7063
Quote:
God is an Englishman

4 fingers under the ball.


irrelevant again....you are becoming the master of it...


the ball is a sphere right.....thus, even with fingers 'under it' some part of the ball could've hit the ground first....before bouncing into the hand...


Last edited by MegaBonus on Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ashes 2019
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:58 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 54738
Location: Between the lake and the beach
I also think our resident pom struggles with what a whinge is. He goes on and on and on and on and on, yet somehow it's us whingeing.
I'm over it, it's 1-0 so maybe start looking for something else to complain about?
I have no problem with your captain being a cheat, just don't whinge (again) when he cops some spray if/when he comes here next (assuming he isn't in a shrink's office by then).

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ashes 2019
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:22 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44161
MegaBonus wrote:
Quote:
God is an Englishman

4 fingers under the ball.


irrelevant again....you are becoming the master of it...


the ball is a sphere right.....thus, even with fingers 'under it' some part of the ball could've hit the ground first....before bouncing into the hand...



Yes, it "could've", certainly no evidence to suggest that though.

It's irrelevant that he has his finger under the ball :lol:

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ashes 2019
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:24 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44161
Bomber wrote:
I also think our resident pom struggles with what a whinge is. He goes on and on and on and on and on, yet somehow it's us whingeing.
I'm over it, it's 1-0 so maybe start looking for something else to complain about?
I have no problem with your captain being a cheat, just don't whinge (again) when he cops some spray if/when he comes here next (assuming he isn't in a shrink's office by then).



Well you called me a whinger because I called the aussies cheats when they did it. Why are you lot not whingeing when the boot is on the other foot?

I'm.not complaining, I accept it was a catch.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ashes 2019
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:27 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 54738
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
I also think our resident pom struggles with what a whinge is. He goes on and on and on and on and on, yet somehow it's us whingeing.
I'm over it, it's 1-0 so maybe start looking for something else to complain about?
I have no problem with your captain being a cheat, just don't whinge (again) when he cops some spray if/when he comes here next (assuming he isn't in a shrink's office by then).



Well you called me a whinger because I called the aussies cheats when they did it. Why are you lot not whingeing when the boot is on the other foot?

I'm.not complaining, I accept it was a catch.


Tit for tat. "Cheating Aussies" when we claim an "inconclusive" catch, but when your bloke does it "no, it was fair" etc etc.

Too obvious. Your persistence virtually illustrates this. Whingers generally carry on....and on.....and on.......just like you! :P

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ashes 2019
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:13 pm 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:00 pm
Posts: 288
Location: Chitosefunabashi
But did you die?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ashes 2019
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:11 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:11 am
Posts: 934
Location: Number 9
anyone who answers yes is a liar !

_________________
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ashes 2019
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:13 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44161
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
I also think our resident pom struggles with what a whinge is. He goes on and on and on and on and on, yet somehow it's us whingeing.
I'm over it, it's 1-0 so maybe start looking for something else to complain about?
I have no problem with your captain being a cheat, just don't whinge (again) when he cops some spray if/when he comes here next (assuming he isn't in a shrink's office by then).



Well you called me a whinger because I called the aussies cheats when they did it. Why are you lot not whingeing when the boot is on the other foot?

I'm.not complaining, I accept it was a catch.


Tit for tat. "Cheating Aussies" when we claim an "inconclusive" catch, but when your bloke does it "no, it was fair" etc etc.

Too obvious. Your persistence virtually illustrates this. Whingers generally carry on....and on.....and on.......just like you! :P


So, I was whingeing but you lot aren't. Ahh the hypocrisy of a whingeing aussie.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ashes 2019
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:39 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 54738
Location: Between the lake and the beach
We don't whinge. Poms do. Incessantly and about anything.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ashes 2019
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:58 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:45 pm
Posts: 717
Location: U.K
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ashes 2019
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:55 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44161
Bomber wrote:
We don't whinge. Poms do. Incessantly and about anything.


So, why is it whingeing when someone else does it but not when you do it?

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ashes 2019
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:10 am 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:31 am
Posts: 402
So does the ball hit the ground?


https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/495 ... ?width=650


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ashes 2019
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:29 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44161
justmyopinion wrote:


No

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ashes 2019
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:35 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 54738
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
We don't whinge. Poms do. Incessantly and about anything.


So, why is it whingeing when someone else does it but not when you do it?


Poms are renown for it, hence the common term "whingeing pom". You lot go on and on (often for years about the same thing) and it becomes nauseating. There's your difference.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ashes 2019
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:35 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 44161
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
We don't whinge. Poms do. Incessantly and about anything.


So, why is it whingeing when someone else does it but not when you do it?


Poms are renown for it, hence the common term "whingeing pom". You lot go on and on (often for years about the same thing) and it becomes nauseating. There's your difference.



Only renowned for it because aussies have decided it's true. The Rest of the World looks at you lot for it.

Thos thread proves it and your hypocrisy.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ashes 2019
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:53 pm 
Offline
Squad Player
Squad Player

Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:36 pm
Posts: 1061
There's a lot of hypocrisy going on on both side of this thread but its pretty clear to me that the ball bounced and shouldn't have been given as a catch and the booing of Smith after coming back from the blow to the neck was extremely poor form.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ashes 2019
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:05 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 pm
Posts: 944
Cooper wrote:
There's a lot of hypocrisy going on on both side of this thread but its pretty clear to me that the ball bounced and shouldn't have been given as a catch and the booing of Smith after coming back from the blow to the neck was extremely poor form.



The incident has to fall back onto the fielder, in this case Root to deem it out or not as the video evidence was not 100% evident.
In saying that, many catches in past games have been decided this way.
The booing of Smith is a non event in my opinion.
here in Oztralia, the same if not worse would of happened if POM batter was the culprit.
But, Smith is very courageous to come back onto the ground after being ruled to go to the stands from that shocking ball to the neck.
Archer on the other hand is a gutless, spineless prick for showing no empathy towards Smith after he went down, even as to joke around with buttler.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ashes 2019
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:09 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 pm
Posts: 944
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Many fingers under that ball when it was caught.


Hahahaha, just like the ones you whinged about when Australia did similar?

I know you have only one eye open these days, but I'd suggest you go to specsavers, and take the third ump with you. :wink:



I have been saying this all along, he needs to see an ophthalmologist
:wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group