"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:12 pm

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: ODI cricket world cup
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:20 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43537
Bomber wrote:
Not sure why but I think England will play India in the final and only as Australia seem to be unsettled (batting order, injuries/selection).
Warner, Carey & Starc have been relied upon too much. NZ's only chance is if it's a green top wicket and they win the toss and get some early breakthroughs. Crowds will certainly be hot in favour of England and India but as is usually the case in World Cups, England to lose the final.
Either way, not putting any money on any outcome.



All 4 teams can beat the others if they play to their best.

australia can grind a result

England bat well down the order and have the power to kill a team.

India are the most consistent.

NZ were looking great until those last few games.

I have money on England to beat NZ in the final.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ODI cricket world cup
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:35 am 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 7:38 pm
Posts: 472
Location: Queens
Can understand the logic of having a 'spare day' attached to each semi final in case of rain but it becomes farcical.
Should be if rain washes out play then the higher ranked team goes through

_________________
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ODI cricket world cup
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:17 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 54115
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Frank Costanza wrote:
Can understand the logic of having a 'spare day' attached to each semi final in case of rain but it becomes farcical.
Should be if rain washes out play then the higher ranked team goes through


"One day" international being the critical point so I understand this. But also understand that results shouldn't really hinge on luck (or bad luck) of weather in finals. NZ have runs on the board, it's now up to India to chase them. If it were to rain all day on the "spare day" THEN I think then the higher team really should progress.

They're saying the Australia/England semi might also be affected by weather.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ODI cricket world cup
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:01 pm 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 pm
Posts: 456
Bomber wrote:
Frank Costanza wrote:
Can understand the logic of having a 'spare day' attached to each semi final in case of rain but it becomes farcical.
Should be if rain washes out play then the higher ranked team goes through


"One day" international being the critical point so I understand this. But also understand that results shouldn't really hinge on luck (or bad luck) of weather in finals. NZ have runs on the board, it's now up to India to chase them. If it were to rain all day on the "spare day" THEN I think then the higher team really should progress.

They're saying the Australia/England semi might also be affected by weather.



Aah the English Summer.... don't you just love when it rains in summer!
:roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ODI cricket world cup
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:08 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:45 pm
Posts: 676
Location: U.K
Like just about every other country in the world.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ODI cricket world cup
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:47 pm 
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:56 pm
Posts: 198
Location: ísland
Yes, it happens in a lot of countries.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ODI cricket world cup
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:53 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:11 am
Posts: 837
Location: Number 9
many places it rains more in summer than winter just that most of them countries probably don't play cricket lol

_________________
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ODI cricket world cup
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:11 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43537
Michael wrote:
[


Aah the English Summer.... don't you just love when it rains in summer!
:roll:



At least we have less rain than almost all of the Australian state capitals.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ODI cricket world cup
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:44 pm 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 7:38 pm
Posts: 472
Location: Queens
God is an Englishman wrote:
Michael wrote:
[


Aah the English Summer.... don't you just love when it rains in summer!
:roll:



At least we have less rain than almost all of the Australian state capitals.

No one is arguing about the amount of rain - more just the timing of it when it seems to rain in summer in England more consistently than in summer in Australia.

_________________
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ODI cricket world cup
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:04 pm 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 pm
Posts: 456
Frank Costanza wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:


At least we have less rain than almost all of the Australian state capitals.

No one is arguing about the amount of rain - more just the timing of it when it seems to rain in summer in England more consistently than in summer in Australia.



Don't try to talk any sense into Matthew, he is as ignorant and narcissistic as they come.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ODI cricket world cup
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:54 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:45 pm
Posts: 676
Location: U.K
Obviously, it is the fault of we English people, after all, we do control our weather. Just as you aussies control your 46 degree summer days. :?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ODI cricket world cup
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:15 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43537
Frank Costanza wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Michael wrote:
[


Aah the English Summer.... don't you just love when it rains in summer!
:roll:



At least we have less rain than almost all of the Australian state capitals.

No one is arguing about the amount of rain - more just the timing of it when it seems to rain in summer in England more consistently than in summer in Australia.


Sydney had games rained out last time as well. In fact Sydney had more games rained out that Either of the the two grounds washed out.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ODI cricket world cup
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:16 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43537
Michael wrote:
Frank Costanza wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:


At least we have less rain than almost all of the Australian state capitals.

No one is arguing about the amount of rain - more just the timing of it when it seems to rain in summer in England more consistently than in summer in Australia.



Don't try to talk any sense into Matthew, he is as ignorant and narcissistic as they come.



If I pay you an extra bowl of soup a day will you stop following me around? or how about an hour a day out of your chains.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ODI cricket world cup
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:43 am 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 pm
Posts: 456
B.Toomer wrote:
Obviously, it is the fault of we English people, after all, we do control our weather. Just as you aussies control your 46 degree summer days. :?



Difference is, the lovely 46C days we get here are in SUMMER.
You get rain in your summer.
:wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ODI cricket world cup
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:43 am 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 pm
Posts: 456
God is an Englishman wrote:
Michael wrote:
Frank Costanza wrote:

No one is arguing about the amount of rain - more just the timing of it when it seems to rain in summer in England more consistently than in summer in Australia.



Don't try to talk any sense into Matthew, he is as ignorant and narcissistic as they come.



If I pay you an extra bowl of soup a day will you stop following me around? or how about an hour a day out of your chains.



Forgot to take your meds again, I see.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ODI cricket world cup
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:45 am 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 pm
Posts: 456
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Not sure why but I think England will play India in the final and only as Australia seem to be unsettled (batting order, injuries/selection).
Warner, Carey & Starc have been relied upon too much. NZ's only chance is if it's a green top wicket and they win the toss and get some early breakthroughs. Crowds will certainly be hot in favour of England and India but as is usually the case in World Cups, England to lose the final.
Either way, not putting any money on any outcome.



All 4 teams can beat the others if they play to their best.

australia can grind a result

England bat well down the order and have the power to kill a team.

India are the most consistent.

NZ were looking great until those last few games.

I have money on England to beat NZ in the final.



Looks like you Wish is coming true - NZ vs England final

Lets hope that the NZ beat your mob.

Kohli fails again in big tournaments, top 3 batsmen for India scored a total of 3 runs!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ODI cricket world cup
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:41 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 54115
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Laugh if Aus v Eng was a tie. :P :wink:

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ODI cricket world cup
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:45 pm 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 pm
Posts: 456
Bomber wrote:
Laugh if Aus v Eng was a tie. :P :wink:



Or rained out on day 1?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ODI cricket world cup
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:45 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43537
Michael wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Laugh if Aus v Eng was a tie. :P :wink:



Or rained out on day 1?



That would be good, gen another day to watch it.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ODI cricket world cup
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:49 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 54115
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
Michael wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Laugh if Aus v Eng was a tie. :P :wink:



Or rained out on day 1?



That would be good, gen another day to watch it.


And if that day rained out too? :wink:

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ODI cricket world cup
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:57 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43537
Bomber wrote:
And if that day rained out too? :wink:



Then that would be annoying and whoever goes through would know they haven't earnt that spot.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ODI cricket world cup
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:00 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 54115
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
And if that day rained out too? :wink:



Then that would be annoying and whoever goes through would know they haven't earnt that spot.


They would have earned it though by
a. finishing higher and
b. beating the lower placed team earlier in the tournament.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ODI cricket world cup
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:17 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43537
Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
And if that day rained out too? :wink:



Then that would be annoying and whoever goes through would know they haven't earnt that spot.


They would have earned it though by
a. finishing higher and
b. beating the lower placed team earlier in the tournament.



Neither are relevant to winning a knock out semi final though.

Forecast has some rain about but doesn't look enough to not get a game completed.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ODI cricket world cup
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:39 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 54115
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Rules are rules. And I couldn't imagine anyone giving a rats about "not earning" it if a final is the reward after playing by those rules.

Will be irrelevant anyway. :wink:

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ODI cricket world cup
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:41 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43537
Bomber wrote:
Rules are rules. And I couldn't imagine anyone giving a rats about "not earning" it if a final is the reward after playing by those rules.

Will be irrelevant anyway. :wink:


Hopefully right, and teams won't care of they didnt earn it but supporters will.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ODI cricket world cup
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:32 am 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:23 pm
Posts: 2045
Location: Beyond Thunderdome
God is an Englishman wrote:
England to beat New Zealand in the final.

One step closer :D

_________________
Now, if you're lucky, you could hack through your ankle in five minutes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ODI cricket world cup
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:01 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43537
Mad_Max wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:
England to beat New Zealand in the final.

One step closer :D


The ICC need to sort it out, games shouldn't be that easy in world cup semi finals, I thought these one sided games were going to be removed in this one.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ODI cricket world cup
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:03 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 43537
Michael wrote:
B.Toomer wrote:
Obviously, it is the fault of we English people, after all, we do control our weather. Just as you aussies control your 46 degree summer days. :?



Difference is, the lovely 46C days we get here are in SUMMER.
You get rain in your summer.
:wink:



Lovely :lol:

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ODI cricket world cup
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:56 am 
Offline
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:48 pm
Posts: 56
Good to see the cheats knocked out.

_________________
I'm a cheeky devil


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ODI cricket world cup
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:15 am 
Offline
Club Captain
Club Captain

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:43 pm
Posts: 6958
Devasting opening bowling spell by the Poms set up the win....should go on and win it now. Must learn to accept the umpires decision though.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group