"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 1:34 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Windies bowler banned for calling opponent 'gay'
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:10 am 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:47 pm
Posts: 495
The only logical conclusion to be drawn from the ban imposed on the West Indian bowler for calling Joe Root 'gay' is that being gay is bad .

Either: 1. There's nothing wrong with being gay - in which case, what did he do wrong?
After all we keep getting bombarded about how good they are, so what's the problem?

Or 2. If being CALLED gay is insulting, then being gay must be a bad thing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Windies bowler banned for calling opponent 'gay'
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:37 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 53656
Location: Between the lake and the beach
It's just modern day tripe which affects so many these days.

Can't call anyone a black so and so, can't call anyone a gay so and so.

Was Root offended? Did he lodge a complaint?

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Windies bowler banned for calling opponent 'gay'
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:52 am 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 8:01 am
Posts: 285
Bomber wrote:
It's just modern day tripe

_________________
POLONIAROCS wrote:
Yes SAASL is so much greater than NPL.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Windies bowler banned for calling opponent 'gay'
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:23 am 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:30 am
Posts: 759
Migrant Land wrote:
The only logical conclusion to be drawn from the ban imposed on the West Indian bowler for calling Joe Root 'gay' is that being gay is bad .

Either: 1. There's nothing wrong with being gay - in which case, what did he do wrong?
After all we keep getting bombarded about how good they are, so what's the problem?

Or 2. If being CALLED gay is insulting, then being gay must be a bad thing.


do you have proof of this?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Windies bowler banned for calling opponent 'gay'
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:29 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:11 am
Posts: 757
Location: Number 9
zzz wrote:
Migrant Land wrote:
The only logical conclusion to be drawn from the ban imposed on the West Indian bowler for calling Joe Root 'gay' is that being gay is bad .

Either: 1. There's nothing wrong with being gay - in which case, what did he do wrong?
After all we keep getting bombarded about how good they are, so what's the problem?

Or 2. If being CALLED gay is insulting, then being gay must be a bad thing.


do you have proof of this?


no im sure he just made it up duh

_________________
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Windies bowler banned for calling opponent 'gay'
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:42 am 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:30 am
Posts: 759
so no proof then


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Windies bowler banned for calling opponent 'gay'
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:43 am 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 7:38 pm
Posts: 458
Location: Queens
Pretty sure i read that he said something along the lines of:
"Why do you keep staring at me? Do you like boys?"

Root then responded with something like "there's nothing wrong with being gay"

_________________
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Windies bowler banned for calling opponent 'gay'
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:40 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 53656
Location: Between the lake and the beach
zzz wrote:
so no proof then


yawn.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Windies bowler banned for calling opponent 'gay'
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:32 am 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:30 am
Posts: 759
Frank Costanza wrote:
Pretty sure i read that he said something along the lines of:
"Why do you keep staring at me? Do you like boys?"

Root then responded with something like "there's nothing wrong with being gay"


so he didn't call him gay and he didn't say anything homophobic

miscarriage of justice by sanctimonious English


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Windies bowler banned for calling opponent 'gay'
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:03 pm 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:47 pm
Posts: 495
zzz wrote:
Frank Costanza wrote:
Pretty sure i read that he said something along the lines of:
"Why do you keep staring at me? Do you like boys?"

Root then responded with something like "there's nothing wrong with being gay"


so he didn't call him gay and he didn't say anything homophobic

miscarriage of justice by sanctimonious English

Credit where it's due zzz - you're absolutely right.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Windies bowler banned for calling opponent 'gay'
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:44 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:45 pm
Posts: 632
Location: U.K
That isn't being "sanctimonious ". Joe didn't lodge a complaint, it was the umpire who put in a report. Haven't read anywhere of Joe Root making a complaint. Perhaps you aussies should clean up your own game before berating other countries. After the recent disgraces, it will be a long time before an aussie cricketer will hold his head high. :oops: :oops: :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Windies bowler banned for calling opponent 'gay'
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:57 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 11769
Location: On a freight train to crazy town
Migrant Land wrote:
zzz wrote:
Frank Costanza wrote:
Pretty sure i read that he said something along the lines of:
"Why do you keep staring at me? Do you like boys?"

Root then responded with something like "there's nothing wrong with being gay"


so he didn't call him gay and he didn't say anything homophobic

miscarriage of justice by sanctimonious English

Credit where it's due zzz - you're absolutely right.

How can he be absolutely right when he is wrong?

_________________
Time for some righteous indignation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Windies bowler banned for calling opponent 'gay'
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:04 pm 
Offline
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:47 pm
Posts: 495
hi


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group