FootballNews
http://www.footballnews.com.au/forum/

AFL 2019
http://www.footballnews.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=85460
Page 4 of 5

Author:  Bomber [ Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AFL 2019

Michael wrote:
Interesting the AFL is heading this way...

the FANS make the game


Trust me, the FFSA aren't too far off this. Have had linesmen call over stewards as they didn't like having their decisions "queried".

Only diff is you cant really justify the spend on heavy handed security to do much about it except for fining clubs which is grossly unfair (especially if it's along similar lines Joffa is on about).

A-League is similarly heavy-handed.

Author:  Michael [ Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: AFL 2019

Bomber wrote:
Michael wrote:
Interesting the AFL is heading this way...

the FANS make the game


Trust me, the FFSA aren't too far off this. Have had linesmen call over stewards as they didn't like having their decisions "queried".

Only diff is you cant really justify the spend on heavy handed security to do much about it except for fining clubs which is grossly unfair (especially if it's along similar lines Joffa is on about).

A-League is similarly heavy-handed.



The FFA are the worst, my point being that the AFL claims to "include" everyone and yet are starting to infiltrate the "hardcore" supporters in cheering.

FFA used to use a private security firm especially at MV and AU games in previous years

Author:  ozzie owl [ Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: AFL 2019

Bomber wrote:
Michael wrote:
Interesting the AFL is heading this way...

the FANS make the game


Trust me, the FFSA aren't too far off this. Have had linesmen call over stewards as they didn't like having their decisions "queried".

Only diff is you cant really justify the spend on heavy handed security to do much about it except for fining clubs which is grossly unfair (especially if it's along similar lines Joffa is on about).

A-League is similarly heavy-handed.


Open heavy handed security last night at the Bulldog/ Blues game .

However there was another spectator brawl after game .

Author:  Bomber [ Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: AFL 2019

ozzie owl wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Michael wrote:
Interesting the AFL is heading this way...

the FANS make the game


Trust me, the FFSA aren't too far off this. Have had linesmen call over stewards as they didn't like having their decisions "queried".

Only diff is you cant really justify the spend on heavy handed security to do much about it except for fining clubs which is grossly unfair (especially if it's along similar lines Joffa is on about).

A-League is similarly heavy-handed.


Open heavy handed security last night at the Bulldog/ Blues game .

However there was another spectator brawl after game .


Carlton involved again. Becoming the "Millwall" of the AFL - small club pretending to be big, crowd trouble, wear blue, prefer bottom end of ladder......


:P

Author:  MegaBonus [ Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AFL 2019

+ arrogant supporters with a false sense of superiority

Author:  Michael [ Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AFL 2019

MegaBonus wrote:
+ arrogant supporters with a false sense of superiority



Couldn't have summed up the Crows, any better!
:wink:

Author:  Michael [ Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: AFL 2019

Add gambling to the list, now

Quote:
Collingwood forward Jaidyn Stephenson has been rubbed out for 10 games by the AFL for placing multiple bets on three matches in the 2019 season.
Stephenson’s 22-match ban includes 12 suspended games, meaning he’ll be available to return before the AFL finals series.

He has additionally been fined $20,000.
The AFL has confirmed the full details of his betting breaches.

Stephenson placed three multi-bets across three matches — all involving Collingwood;
The three matches were against Western Bulldogs (Round 4), Essendon (R6), St Kilda (R9);
The total outlay for all bets was $36;
All bets were unsuccessful;
The betting categories were:

— Collingwood to win;

— Collingwood winning margin;

— Stephenson to kick a goal;

— Stephenson to kick three or more winning goals;

— Collingwood teammate to kick a goal;

— Collingwood teammate to kick two or more goals;

— Collingwood teammates to have in excess of a number of disposals.

The AFL says the player expressed remorse over his actions and accepted the consequences.

Author:  Dave now from No 9 [ Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AFL 2019

coke snorters and gamblers , sooooooo collingwood but im sure eddie will defend them somehow

Author:  Michael [ Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: AFL 2019

Dave now from No 9 wrote:
coke snorters and gamblers , sooooooo collingwood but im sure eddie will defend them somehow



And Buckley...
:lol:

Author:  Dave now from No 9 [ Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AFL 2019

another sport where video score reviews are creating more trouble than good

bet they will change another rule or ten before too long lol

Author:  ozzie owl [ Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AFL 2019

Dave now from No 9 wrote:
another sport where video score reviews are creating more trouble than good

bet they will change another rule or ten before too long lol


Yes the 666 has really opened the game up ..... not, scores lower than ever and falling.

Author:  ozzie owl [ Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AFL 2019

Dave now from No 9 wrote:
another sport where video score reviews are creating more trouble than good

bet they will change another rule or ten before too long lol


Yes the 666 has really opened the game up ..... not, scores lower than ever and falling.

Author:  Michael [ Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: AFL 2019

Quote:
Crows supporters leaving early again....

Author:  Bomber [ Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AFL 2019

Michael wrote:
Quote:
Crows supporters leaving early again....


Is leaving early worse than not showing up at all? Key all the empty seats at AO yesterday.

Author:  Cooper [ Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AFL 2019

Bomber wrote:
Michael wrote:
Quote:
Crows supporters leaving early again....


Is leaving early worse than not showing up at all? Key all the empty seats at AO yesterday.


Not showing up is way worse. Classic Port "supporters"

Author:  MegaBonus [ Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AFL 2019

where is Colossus and Leftwing???? love to hear from Col regarding the Powers pathetic attempt to 'terrorise' Neale...they think they can bully teams like they did in the SANFL... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Author:  Bomber [ Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AFL 2019

MegaBonus wrote:
where is Colossus and Leftwing???? love to hear from Col regarding the Powers pathetic attempt to 'terrorise' Neale...they think they can bully teams like they did in the SANFL... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:


Col voiced his opinion on facebook quite sternly. I think he likes Hinkley as much as the FFSA. :wink:

Author:  ozzie owl [ Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AFL 2019

Bomber wrote:
Michael wrote:
Quote:
Crows supporters leaving early again....


Is leaving early worse than not showing up at all? Key all the empty seats at AO yesterday.


Ports average home crowds have dropped from 44k in 2014 to 36k this season , that’s almost 20% .

Author:  Eyjafjallajökull [ Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: AFL 2019

ozzie owl wrote:
Ports average home crowds have dropped from 44k in 2014 to 36k this season , that’s almost 20% .


Actually it's about 81%.

Author:  Bomber [ Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AFL 2019

All this "soul searching" from the two Adelaide teams lately.

In sport, sometimes you just get beaten by a better team on the day.

Or are there more issues that need addressing?

Author:  Michael [ Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AFL 2019

Bomber wrote:
All this "soul searching" from the two Adelaide teams lately.

In sport, sometimes you just get beaten by a better team on the day.

Or are there more issues that need addressing?



Were you there at the game on the weekend?


end of day, BOTH SA teams are just making up the numbers this year.
The crows will finish in the 8, due to their "soft" draw.
Port will struggle to finish in 8

Either way, both will lose in 1st week of finals

Author:  Bomber [ Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: AFL 2019

Michael wrote:
Bomber wrote:
All this "soul searching" from the two Adelaide teams lately.

In sport, sometimes you just get beaten by a better team on the day.

Or are there more issues that need addressing?



Were you there at the game on the weekend?


end of day, BOTH SA teams are just making up the numbers this year.
The crows will finish in the 8, due to their "soft" draw.
Port will struggle to finish in 8

Either way, both will lose in 1st week of finals


But during the year I hear how great they are (usually after a decent win) only to get shown up soon after. This applies to many others too I should add.
What I'm getting at is that you don't just lose your ability overnight. Maybe some egos are getting bigger than the team itself.
All Power supporters I know cant wait to see the back of Hinkley, but one wonders what magic formula the next guy will have.

Author:  Michael [ Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: AFL 2019

Bomber wrote:
Michael wrote:
Bomber wrote:
All this "soul searching" from the two Adelaide teams lately.

In sport, sometimes you just get beaten by a better team on the day.

Or are there more issues that need addressing?



Were you there at the game on the weekend?


end of day, BOTH SA teams are just making up the numbers this year.
The crows will finish in the 8, due to their "soft" draw.
Port will struggle to finish in 8

Either way, both will lose in 1st week of finals


But during the year I hear how great they are (usually after a decent win) only to get shown up soon after. This applies to many others too I should add.
What I'm getting at is that you don't just lose your ability overnight. Maybe some egos are getting bigger than the team itself.
All Power supporters I know cant wait to see the back of Hinkley, but one wonders what magic formula the next guy will have.



SA media including 5aafl and Rowey, the biggest "nuggett" is not all the media.
I cant comment on the crows, but I hear there is alot of team instability and some senior players are not happy with the coaches and how their game plan especially uttilising Laird.
Port have been having problems with Hinkley for a couple of years now, and he doesn't have a plan B.
Most "good" teams have exposed this.
The rumour doing the rounds is for sacked St Kilda coach Richardson to be assistant coach next year (as Voss is Carlton new man).
Hinkley could be sacked and Richo to take over.

Author:  Bomber [ Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AFL 2019

It was only 2 months ago when Bombers supporters were calling for Worsfold's head, but how quickly that has been forgotten. Or has it?
The coaching musical chairs talk continues.
To me, players need to take more accountability, especially given the income, lifestyle they are fortunate to have due to having good skills as a junior (pre-draft). Surely game plans aren't designed to "fail"?

Author:  Michael [ Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AFL 2019

Bomber wrote:
It was only 2 months ago when Bombers supporters were calling for Worsfold's head, but how quickly that has been forgotten. Or has it?
The coaching musical chairs talk continues.
To me, players need to take more accountability, especially given the income, lifestyle they are fortunate to have due to having good skills as a junior (pre-draft). Surely game plans aren't designed to "fail"?


Yeah, I remember the so called 'experts' had bombers finishing 4-8 this year.
Ssh, don't talk about players responsibilities and putting 'more' pressure on them.
AFLPA would not like to hear that, considering they are pushing for a shorter pre-season and more 'down-time' in the season....

Author:  Bomber [ Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AFL 2019

Michael wrote:
Bomber wrote:
It was only 2 months ago when Bombers supporters were calling for Worsfold's head, but how quickly that has been forgotten. Or has it?
The coaching musical chairs talk continues.
To me, players need to take more accountability, especially given the income, lifestyle they are fortunate to have due to having good skills as a junior (pre-draft). Surely game plans aren't designed to "fail"?


Yeah, I remember the so called 'experts' had bombers finishing 4-8 this year.
Ssh, don't talk about players responsibilities and putting 'more' pressure on them.
AFLPA would not like to hear that, considering they are pushing for a shorter pre-season and more 'down-time' in the season....


I thought they were "tough". 22 games a season (for most, with byes in between), drinks coming on field of play at any time, interchange.......

Author:  Michael [ Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: AFL 2019

Bomber wrote:
Michael wrote:
Bomber wrote:
It was only 2 months ago when Bombers supporters were calling for Worsfold's head, but how quickly that has been forgotten. Or has it?
The coaching musical chairs talk continues.
To me, players need to take more accountability, especially given the income, lifestyle they are fortunate to have due to having good skills as a junior (pre-draft). Surely game plans aren't designed to "fail"?


Yeah, I remember the so called 'experts' had bombers finishing 4-8 this year.
Ssh, don't talk about players responsibilities and putting 'more' pressure on them.
AFLPA would not like to hear that, considering they are pushing for a shorter pre-season and more 'down-time' in the season....


I thought they were "tough". 22 games a season (for most, with byes in between), drinks coming on field of play at any time, interchange.......



Its all a mental thing.
I read an article the other day where they were talking about kicking for goal and how the accuracy has being declining since the 80's.
Some say its due to technical abilities, some say fatigue etc etc, but someone mentioned that the current players are not 'mentality" strong as they were.
Dunstall, Lockett, Ablett hardly missed

Author:  Bomber [ Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: AFL 2019

I see the Crows are concentrating on their better chance of a flag by playing Gibbs, Jacobs and now Betts in their SANFL side.

Terrible that the rules allow this to happen.

Author:  Michael [ Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AFL 2019

Bomber wrote:
I see the Crows are concentrating on their better chance of a flag by playing Gibbs, Jacobs and now Betts in their SANFL side.

Terrible that the rules allow this to happen.



:lol:

Walker has been a shocker for 2 years, Betts has a few bad games.....

Author:  ozzie owl [ Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AFL 2019

How good was this ?

Carlton 13.9 beating Crows 9.6

Page 4 of 5 All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/