AFL 2019

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: AFL 2019

Post by Bomber »

MegaBonus wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: Bombers were robbed!!!!!!!!!!!
Common occurrence, especially v Collingwood.

I propose - give Collingwood a wild card into finals regardless of ladder position, so umps don't have to continually stick their tongues up their muscat week in week out. AFL happy, ferals happy........
Ignore this signature

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Bomber wrote:
MegaBonus wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: Bombers were robbed!!!!!!!!!!!
Common occurrence, especially v Collingwood.

I propose - give Collingwood a wild card into finals regardless of ladder position, so umps don't have to continually stick their tongues up their muscat week in week out. AFL happy, ferals happy........
Good to see Collingwood wearing their clash guernsey of white and black , which is different from their normal black and white.

Kim Gyu Ri
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Kim Gyu Ri »

Should Essondon have had a free kick after the swan player climbed the goalpost?
Like a breath of fresh Eyre

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Kim Gyu Ri wrote:Should Essondon have had a free kick after the swan player climbed the goalpost?
The rules are quite clear. YES!

But as usual, rules for some, completely others when Essendon are concerned.
Ignore this signature

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

^^^^^^^....yeah, like Essendon getting preference to play on ANZAC Day
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

The new 6-6-6 rule has made no difference to the matches, still low scoring and a floating scrum .

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Wow.... :shock: :shock: :shock: they're proposing 'English style segregation of fans' after more violence at the Blues-Pies game...

sorry...forgot to mention....it was sandwiched between 2 non news stories 25 minutes into the news
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

MegaBonus wrote:^^^^^^^....yeah, like Essendon getting preference to play on ANZAC Day
Forgive me, but what advantage does this give the team on match day?
Ignore this signature

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

youre able to attract better players who want the limelight and the extra $$$$. financially healthier clubs tend to perform better over the long term.
  • Fri night footy - which your club hijacked from the Kangas
    ANZAC Day game which you and the Pies have criminally monopolised
    Dream-time game at the G
    Good Friday game

Eyas
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Eyas »

Bomber wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:^^^^^^^....yeah, like Essendon getting preference to play on ANZAC Day
Forgive me, but what advantage does this give the team on match day?
None in recent seasons.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

MegaBonus wrote:youre able to attract better players who want the limelight and the extra $$$$. financially healthier clubs tend to perform better over the long term.
  • Fri night footy - which your club hijacked from the Kangas
    ANZAC Day game which you and the Pies have criminally monopolised
    Dream-time game at the G
    Good Friday game
Friday night footy? :lol:

Anzac Day - I noticed other fixtures on this day recently, so go lobby the AFL.

I gather you're a Labor supporter too. Want the wealthy clubs to prop up the poor ones always. Draft concessions and salary caps not enough?
Ignore this signature

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

attack the person when losing the argument....whose playbook have you been reading????

BTW - theres no way I would want the crows subsiding the Ferals which we have in the past to save them from themselves....so there goes your theory about political persuasion...

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

MegaBonus wrote:attack the person when losing the argument....whose playbook have you been reading????

BTW - theres no way I would want the crows subsiding the Ferals which we have in the past to save them from themselves....so there goes your theory about political persuasion...
What personal attack? Being called a Labor supporter? :lol: I think you're being a bit too precious there.

You still have not shown any actual evidence why playing Anzac Day v Collingwood is in some way an advantage to obtain 4 points versus any other fixture during the same round. In fact, if anything, when it falls on a midweek day, it's a disadvantage as the next opponent usually gets a bigger rest than we would.
Ignore this signature

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

and can you show me in your post which prompted my reply where you were referring to 'match day advantage'...i think youre moving the goal posts :wink:

i just responded to the following...

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

and can you show me in your post which prompted my reply you were referring to 'match day advantage'...i think youre moving the goal posts :wink:

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

and can you show me in your post which prompted my reply where you were referring to 'match day advantage'...i think youre moving the goal posts :wink:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

I heard you the first time.

My response was to someone who asked about the rule climbing and moving the goalpost.

The rule is quite clear, but it's implementation was ignored. Why?

If that happened to Collingwood or Port, you'd have McGuire or Kochie going mental demanding a replay or result reversal and umpires sacked.
Ignore this signature

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

wonder if the following will make the news????

Two more men have been charged over the violent brawl that broke out at the MCG on Saturday.

The latest arrests and charges mean police have now narrowed their search on one remaining Carlton fan.

Police arrested two Rosebud men, aged 41 and 20, this morning and later charged them with affray.

Both men have been bailed to appear at the Melbourne Magistrates Court on August 16.

It follows the arrest of 36-year-old Diggers Rest man earlier this week.

Crowd violence is back in the spotlight after multiple brawls and reports of poor behaviour at the weekend.

3AW was flooded with calls from disgusted and upset supporters following Collingwood’s 19-point win over arch-rival Carlton.

One fan, Ross, said he’d “never be going to the football again” after being thrown to the ground.

“I’m sick and tired of this,” he said.

Another man was also seen “relieving himself” on a police car while leaving the MCG. :shock: :lol:

There were also reports of spitting and children crying as they were caught up in the mayhem.

Robin, one of those to call 3AW, said she spent the last five minutes of the match trying to break-up fights between fans.

She said it happened in the Carlton members area.

“There were four, full-on fights where people were knocked out,” she said on 3AW Football.

“Security didn’t react quick enough so members of the public had to get in to stop these fights.

- 3AW Melbourne

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

MegaBonus wrote:wonder if the following will make the news????

Two more men have been charged over the violent brawl that broke out at the MCG on Saturday.

The latest arrests and charges mean police have now narrowed their search on one remaining Carlton fan.

Police arrested two Rosebud men, aged 41 and 20, this morning and later charged them with affray.

Both men have been bailed to appear at the Melbourne Magistrates Court on August 16.

Crowd violence is back in the spotlight after multiple brawls and reports of poor behaviour at the weekend.

3AW was flooded with calls from disgusted and upset supporters following Collingwood’s 19-point win over arch-rival Carlton.

One fan, Ross, said he’d “never be going to the football again” after being thrown to the ground.

Another man was also seen “relieving himself” on a police car while leaving the MCG. :shock: :lol:

There were also reports of spitting and children crying as they were caught up in the mayhem.

Robin, one of those to call 3AW, said she spent the last five minutes of the match trying to break-up fights between fans.

“There were four, full-on fights where people were knocked out,” she said on 3AW Football.

“Security didn’t react quick enough so members of the public had to get in to stop these fights.

- 3AW Melbourne
It has, but doubt anywhere near the front pages (as would a bloke throwing a hotdog at an A-League match)
Ignore this signature

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Bomber wrote:
MegaBonus wrote:wonder if the following will make the news????

- 3AW Melbourne
It has, but doubt anywhere near the front pages (as would a bloke throwing a hotdog at an A-League match)

aaah double standards in the media.... nothing to see here
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

REPORT: FORMER CARLTON PLAYER JAILED FOR FIVE YEARS
Former Carlton player Chris Yarran has been jailed for five years.

The West Australian is reporting the 28-year-old received the hefty sentence after pleading guilty to eight charges stemming from a “three-hour methamphetamine-fuelled carjacking rampage”.

During the frenzy, which occurred in Perth in November last year, Yarran reportedly punched and headbutted a police officer as well as terrorising drivers. He also attempted to snatch a police officer's gun.

Yarran, who played 119 AFL games for the Blues, joined Richmond in 2015 but never played for the Tigers, before stepping away from the game to deal with mental health issues.
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Michael wrote:
REPORT: FORMER CARLTON PLAYER JAILED FOR FIVE YEARS
Former Carlton player Chris Yarran has been jailed for five years.

The West Australian is reporting the 28-year-old received the hefty sentence after pleading guilty to eight charges stemming from a “three-hour methamphetamine-fuelled carjacking rampage”.

During the frenzy, which occurred in Perth in November last year, Yarran reportedly punched and headbutted a police officer as well as terrorising drivers. He also attempted to snatch a police officer's gun.

Yarran, who played 119 AFL games for the Blues, joined Richmond in 2015 but never played for the Tigers, before stepping away from the game to deal with mental health issues.
If only current Carlton players could show such "enthusiasm"! :wink:
Ignore this signature

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Strong rumour out of Melbourne that Bolton could be gone by late today.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

why?????? he's doing a terrific job in securing Adelaide the number 1 pick inn the draft....

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Yep, Bolton's gone.

When you look back to when they got rid of Ratten, it's got pear shaped ever since. He'd be laughing right now.
Ignore this signature

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

Bomber wrote:Yep, Bolton's gone.

When you look back to when they got rid of Ratten, it's got pear shaped ever since. He'd be laughing right now.
Or lining up a job interview with them.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Bomber wrote:Yep, Bolton's gone.

I agree with that, the removal of Ratten to bring in Malthouse was crazy decision and set us back again.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Bring back Ratten, or Lyon
:lol:

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Collingwood super-fan Jeff “Joffa” Corfe won’t be attending AFL games until league CEO Gil McLachlan apologises for the way fans have been treated in recent weeks.

A Richmond cheer squad member has been banned for three games for calling an umpire a “green maggot” while a Carlton supporter was given a warning for labelling an official as a “bald-headed flog”.

Joffa says he’s now unsure of how to behave at the football.

“I’m too scared to stand up,” he told SEN’s Whateley.

“I sit down and listen to the match-day commentary. This has gone too far.

“Who’s filming me? Who’s watching me? Are there integrity officers two rows back?

“This is horrible. This is not football.

“The supporter is the biggest stakeholder of the game and we are being treated like garbage.

“You go into any workplace, any home, any shopping centre and everybody is talking about this right now.”

Joffa says he is boycotting games on behalf of all supporters around the nation.

“I’m sticking up for all my fellow supporters around Australia and I want an apology from Gil because I think we deserve one with the way that we’ve been spoken about, the way that we’ve been portrayed,” he said.

“I’m not going to another game until Gil McLachlan apologises to supporters right across Australia because we are hurting. We are hurting so bad, this is not funny.”

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Interesting the AFL is heading this way...

the FANS make the game