Novak is back

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Novak is back

Post by zzz »

fit, healthy and unjabbed by mRNA poison

it says something about the man to forgive Australia's criminality against his basic human rights

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Novak is back

Post by Frank Costanza »

I think it's more this is his favourite grand slam as he's won it 9 times and wants to hold the record for most grand slams
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

zzz wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:16 pm fit, healthy and unjabbed by mRNA poison

it says something about the man to forgive Australia's criminality against his basic human rights

Criminality? The court literally ruled against him.

Nothing to do with forgiveness, all to do with $$$ or the nearly quarter of a billion dinars.

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

nearly lost his shite last night

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

The Joker was good against the Demon.

But does he have to bounce the ball 🎾 with his racquet seven times, then FIFTEEN times with his left hand before he eventually serves?

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

tennis australia making even bigger fools of themselves again , wont recognise australia day but will showcase LGBTI plus players for 3 days and AO pride day on the 27th. what farkheads
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

zzz wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:16 pm fit, healthy and unjabbed by mRNA poison

:clap:
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Just Dave now wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:21 am tennis australia making even bigger fools of themselves again , wont recognise australia day but will showcase LGBTI plus players for 3 days and AO pride day on the 27th. what farkheads
Plus, they are paying women the same amount as men for less work. Gender equality mob don't seem to be complaining about that one do they.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:30 am
Just Dave now wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:21 am tennis australia making even bigger fools of themselves again , wont recognise australia day but will showcase LGBTI plus players for 3 days and AO pride day on the 27th. what farkheads
Plus, they are paying women the same amount as men for less work. Gender equality mob don't seem to be complaining about that one do they.
Wow, two things in agreement in the one day. I must get my faculties checked.
Ignore this signature

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Bomber wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:48 pm
Nah, steady on you two forumites agreeing ‘bout things.

Firstly I’m sure GIsn’tAE & BombsAway would concede sheilas’ muscles aren’t as strong as blokes and couldn’t go the distance in a brutal 5-setter, when even some men struggle.

Secondly I suggested to the “all-sports” gurus on radio FiveAAFL last Saturday that a tie-breaker should be played at the end of the Fourth Set in lieu of a Fifth Set. Naturally those conservative dinosaurs, displaying their natural conservatives’ opposition to ANY change, dismissed my suggestion out-of-hand. After my suggestion, a past famous Aussie player Paul McNamee endorsed my view in his article as did the American John McEnroe.

But just think about it for a moment Bomber. Sheilas finish a match in two sets or three (either 2-0 or 2-1). Men would play one more set, the fourth, to make it 2-2, then that proposed tie-breaker. Wouldn’t that help shorten marathons going to 4am? Wouldn’t it also go part of the way to assuage GIsn’tAE’s whinge about the sheilas getting equal pay.

ps, as for Just Davide’s comment about “Straya” Day, here’s a fun fact Davide - between 1988 and 1993 “Straya” Day was moved to the nearest Monday to the 26th of January, only from 1994 onwards was it held on the actual day (the 26th).

A parallel example of a commemorative day being moved or cancelled was the Christopher Colombus Day (the 12th Oct, the day he lobbed into the Americas in 1492). An indigenous Chilean-Aussie I know said some South American countries stopped celebrating that day because it marked the start of brutal colonisation by the Spanish and other Europeans of the Americas. FFS, even the Yanks removed a statue of Colombus from the outside of their Washington Capitol building.

IMO time to move Australia Day to Federation Day (when 6 colonies came together. Prior to that they had separate defence forces, separate tariffs, separate stamps and laughingly separate railway gauges).

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Con M wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:46 pm

Firstly I’m sure GIsn’tAE & BombsAway would concede sheilas’ muscles aren’t as strong as blokes and couldn’t go the distance in a brutal 5-setter, when even some men struggle.

Secondly I suggested to the “all-sports” gurus on radio FiveAAFL last Saturday that a tie-breaker should be played at the end of the Fourth Set in lieu of a Fifth Set. Naturally those conservative dinosaurs, displaying their natural conservatives’ opposition to ANY change, dismissed my suggestion out-of-hand. After my suggestion, a past famous Aussie player Paul McNamee endorsed my view in his article as did the American John McEnroe.

But just think about it for a moment Bomber. Sheilas finish a match in two sets or three (either 2-0 or 2-1). Men would play one more set, the fourth, to make it 2-2, then that proposed tie-breaker. Wouldn’t that help shorten marathons going to 4am? Wouldn’t it also go part of the way to assuage GIsn’tAE’s whinge about the sheilas getting equal pay.

ps, as for Just Davide’s comment about “Straya” Day, here’s a fun fact Davide - between 1988 and 1993 “Straya” Day was moved to the nearest Monday to the 26th of January, only from 1994 onwards was it held on the actual day (the 26th).

A parallel example of a commemorative day being moved or cancelled was the Christopher Colombus Day (the 12th Oct, the day he lobbed into the Americas in 1492). An indigenous Chilean-Aussie I know said some South American countries stopped celebrating that day because it marked the start of brutal colonisation by the Spanish and other Europeans of the Americas. FFS, even the Yanks removed a statue of Colombus from the outside of their Washington Capitol building.

IMO time to move Australia Day to Federation Day (when 6 colonies came together. Prior to that they had separate defence forces, separate tariffs, separate stamps and laughingly separate railway gauges).
Whatever adjustments you suggest, until they play and pay under the same rules (ie best of sets) then it's not really fair and that is what they always whinge about - EQUALITY! Simple
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Con M wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:46 pm Secondly I suggested to the “all-sports” gurus on radio FiveAAFL last Saturday that a tie-breaker should be played at the end of the Fourth Set in lieu of a Fifth Set. Naturally those conservative dinosaurs, displaying their natural conservatives’ opposition to ANY change, dismissed my suggestion out-of-hand. After my suggestion, a past famous Aussie player Paul McNamee endorsed my view in his article as did the American John McEnroe.

NO, shouldn't even be a tie breaker to decide a 5th set, play until someone win by 2 games.

Maybe you could join a lot on this forum and learn the difference between a whinge and statement of fact. The women do not get equal pay, they get a higher pay.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

God is an Englishman wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:20 am
Con M wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:46 pm Secondly I suggested to the “all-sports” gurus on radio FiveAAFL last Saturday that a tie-breaker should be played at the end of the Fourth Set in lieu of a Fifth Set. Naturally those conservative dinosaurs, displaying their natural conservatives’ opposition to ANY change, dismissed my suggestion out-of-hand. After my suggestion, a past famous Aussie player Paul McNamee endorsed my view in his article as did the American John McEnroe.

NO, shouldn't even be a tie breaker to decide a 5th set, play until someone win by 2 games.

Maybe you could join a lot on this forum and learn the difference between a whinge and statement of fact. The women do not get equal pay, they get a higher pay.
Eh? How so? This page I’m reading in front of me says winners of the men’s singles and winners of the women’s singles comp get $2,071,000.

Winners of the men’s doubles get $469,935, as do winners of the women’s doubles.

ps, McNamee and McEnroe have had big profiles in the game and definitely back changing to a tie-breaker in lieu of a fifth set for the men’s competition.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Con M wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:53 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:20 am

Eh? How so? This page I’m reading in front of me says winners of the men’s singles and winners of the women’s singles comp get $2,071,000.

Winners of the men’s doubles get $469,935, as do winners of the women’s doubles.

ps, McNamee and McEnroe have had big profiles in the game and definitely back changing to a tie-breaker in lieu of a fifth set for the men’s competition.

If you believe that they are on equal pay then we can solve the gender pay gap issue. We just get the women to work more hours so they earn the same as the men.

Some people believe football should have bigger goals, Lalas has a big profile in the game. I don't agree with him either.

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

did you know cricket wickets have increased in size, due to humans getting bigger?

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

Nole is in the final and a white Russian wins the women's tournament :clap: :lol:

meanwhile the anglo australians are spitting chips such is their hatred

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Bomber wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:29 pm

Whatever adjustments you suggest, until they play and pay under the same rules (ie best of sets) then it's not really fair and that is what they always whinge about - EQUALITY! Simple
You two gentlemen in agreement must have missed the point I made - that women aren’t as physically strong as men. We are not talking about doing equal office hours work here for equal pay. It’s about the physical aspect. That is why they don’t play against men in the World Cup for example.

Surely you two would see a bit of levelling down you hope for if men played 4 sets and the women 3.

And anyhow, the equality ship on pay has sailed - a man gets $2,071,000 for winning the Men’s OZ Open and a woman gets $2,071.000 for winning the Women’s OZ open.

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

:clap:

shame on all of you who wanted him deported

you're no better than nazis

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

zzz wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:14 pm :clap:

I don't think the nazis would have deported someone for lying on their immigration forms somehow.
Last edited by God is an Englishman on Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

zzz wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:17 pm Nole is in the final and a white Russian wins the women's tournament :clap: :lol:

meanwhile the anglo australians are spitting chips such is their hatred

Why on earth would Anglos watch tennis

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:08 am
zzz wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:14 pm :clap:

I don't think the nazis would have deported someone for lying on their immigration forms somehow.
It must really hurt you :lol:

his mere existence reminds you of what you really are

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

zzz wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:07 pm

Didn't hurt me at all. I didn't even know he'd won until I read it on here.

Do you think the nazi's would have just deported someone who lied on their immigration form?

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Can't remember the last time I ever watched a tennis match in full. Are they still monotonous hours of same old played by egotistical whingers?
Ignore this signature

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:55 pm

Do you think the nazi's would have just deported someone who lied on their immigration form?
you're not fooling anyone

your pasty face has turned beetroot and spittle is coming out of your mouth

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

zzz wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:09 pm

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:39 pm

If you contend that Djokovic was deported for lying then you're lying.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

zzz wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:21 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:39 pm

If you contend that Djokovic was deported for lying then you're lying.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Con M wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:16 pm
Bomber wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:29 pm

You two gentlemen in agreement must have missed the point I made - that women aren’t as physically strong as men. We are not talking about doing equal office hours work here for equal pay. It’s about the physical aspect. That is why they don’t play against men in the World Cup for example.

Surely you two would see a bit of levelling down you hope for if men played 4 sets and the women 3.

And anyhow, the equality ship on pay has sailed - a man gets $2,071,000 for winning the Men’s OZ Open and a woman gets $2,071.000 for winning the Women’s OZ open.
The only way for it to be equal pay would be for them all to be paid the same. 3 sets, 4 sets or 5 sets. Couldn't care less, just needs to be the same. Either you believe in gender equality or you don't, which one are you?

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by zzz »

Novak won the AO final with a 3cm tear in his hamstring doctors confirmed. A remarkable achievement.
...and all you hateful bitter bigots were accusing him of faking it

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Well he did fake his covid status so he has form.