FootballNews
http://www.footballnews.com.au/forum/

Aussies pick a Saffer
http://www.footballnews.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=85061
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Stitch This [ Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Aussies pick a Saffer

I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreamin......

Loose bus change.......is that an Aussie name :lol:

Author:  God is an Englishman [ Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussies pick a Saffer

I'm sure there will be some excuse for this one.

Author:  Bomber [ Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussies pick a Saffer

Been a while - Kepler Wessels was the last one wasn't he?

Author:  God is an Englishman [ Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussies pick a Saffer

Bomber wrote:
Been a while - Kepler Wessels was the last one wasn't he?


I believe so, been quite a few other nationalities though.

Author:  B.Toomer [ Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussies pick a Saffer

Yeah, the Kiwis have been propping the Aussie film industry for decades.

Author:  Bomber [ Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussies pick a Saffer

Batting average of 0 so far

I guess he can only improve (and at least took a wicket) :wink:

What's the lowest ever crowd to watch a test? Surely this one would be up there, when the camera scans to a crowd shot, at best it's been a couple sitting by themselves with hardly anyone else in sight.

Author:  God is an Englishman [ Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussies pick a Saffer

Bomber wrote:
Batting average of 0 so far

I guess he can only improve (and at least took a wicket) :wink:

What's the lowest ever crowd to watch a test? Surely this one would be up there, when the camera scans to a crowd shot, at best it's been a couple sitting by themselves with hardly anyone else in sight.


Behind some of that glass is the air conditioned bar. I know that's where the England fans are when we play there.

Author:  Bomber [ Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussies pick a Saffer

God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Batting average of 0 so far

I guess he can only improve (and at least took a wicket) :wink:

What's the lowest ever crowd to watch a test? Surely this one would be up there, when the camera scans to a crowd shot, at best it's been a couple sitting by themselves with hardly anyone else in sight.


Behind some of that glass is the air conditioned bar. I know that's where the England fans are when we play there.


Makes sense. Still seems like it's a ghost town (despite probably having some of the best indoor facilities going around)

Author:  ozzie owl [ Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussies pick a Saffer

Bomber wrote:
Batting average of 0 so far

I guess he can only improve (and at least took a wicket) :wink:

What's the lowest ever crowd to watch a test? Surely this one would be up there, when the camera scans to a crowd shot, at best it's been a couple sitting by themselves with hardly anyone else in sight.


Seen bigger crowds at a Div 9 SAASL match.

Author:  Bomber [ Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussies pick a Saffer

I think Australia might struggle to win a test in the next two years. Might sneak one in v India at home, but otherwise team looks very ordinary at the moment. Maybe I'm over-reacting and the return of Smith might help down the track, but one wonders how much damage has been done.

Author:  ozzie owl [ Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussies pick a Saffer

Bomber wrote:
I think Australia might struggle to win a test in the next two years. Might sneak one in v India at home, but otherwise team looks very ordinary at the moment. Maybe I'm over-reacting and the return of Smith might help down the track, but one wonders how much damage has been done.


Do you think Warner will ever be allowed back in, especially if Australia cops a few bad losses?

Author:  Bomber [ Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussies pick a Saffer

ozzie owl wrote:
Bomber wrote:
I think Australia might struggle to win a test in the next two years. Might sneak one in v India at home, but otherwise team looks very ordinary at the moment. Maybe I'm over-reacting and the return of Smith might help down the track, but one wonders how much damage has been done.


Do you think Warner will ever be allowed back in, especially if Australia cops a few bad losses?


Hard to say, not being privy to all the internal "feelings" of the team are about him.

The openers have done ok this test, so a lot will depend on their form moving forward I suppose

Author:  God is an Englishman [ Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussies pick a Saffer

ozzie owl wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Batting average of 0 so far

I guess he can only improve (and at least took a wicket) :wink:

What's the lowest ever crowd to watch a test? Surely this one would be up there, when the camera scans to a crowd shot, at best it's been a couple sitting by themselves with hardly anyone else in sight.


Seen bigger crowds at a Div 9 SAASL match.


Seen being the appropriate word.

Just because you can't see them, doesn't mean they're not there.

Author:  Bomber [ Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussies pick a Saffer

God is an Englishman wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Batting average of 0 so far

I guess he can only improve (and at least took a wicket) :wink:

What's the lowest ever crowd to watch a test? Surely this one would be up there, when the camera scans to a crowd shot, at best it's been a couple sitting by themselves with hardly anyone else in sight.


Seen bigger crowds at a Div 9 SAASL match.


Seen being the appropriate word.

Just because you can't see them, doesn't mean they're not there.


Could say that about AO (members tents behind western stand). Usually heaps there, many won't watch a ball of the day's play (not counting tv screens around the area).

Author:  God is an Englishman [ Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussies pick a Saffer

If these two stay there until lunch, this could be an interesting finish.

Are Pakistan out of reviews?

Author:  Bomber [ Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussies pick a Saffer

A good draw (if there is such a thing). Pakistanis sure scored the bulk of the runs in this test. :wink:

Author:  Stitch This [ Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussies pick a Saffer

First Pakistani batsman to score a century against..............Pakistan :P

Author:  Bomber [ Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussies pick a Saffer

Stitch This wrote:
First Pakistani batsman to score a century against..............Pakistan :P


Lucky the game is on "neutral" turf, otherwise he could have been in strife. :)

Author:  Bodø [ Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussies pick a Saffer

Bomber wrote:
A good draw (if there is such a thing). Pakistanis sure scored the bulk of the runs in this test. :wink:


:D

Author:  Bomber [ Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussies pick a Saffer

Seen two of the more bizzare run-outs this test. School boy stuff. :oops:

Author:  Mr Red [ Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussies pick a Saffer

Bomber wrote:
Seen two of the more bizzare run-outs this test. School boy stuff. :oops:


I wonder if both batsmen could have been run out by getting the ball to the other end and knocking them bails off also for the one where the 2 batsmen where standing in the middle having a chat. :?:

Author:  Bomber [ Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussies pick a Saffer

Mr Red wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Seen two of the more bizzare run-outs this test. School boy stuff. :oops:


I wonder if both batsmen could have been run out by getting the ball to the other end and knocking them bails off also for the one where the 2 batsmen where standing in the middle having a chat. :?:


Once one batsman is out, the ball is dead, so not possible. Its not baseball. :wink:

Silly thing is the "saffer" that got out in the Oz first innings, I did myself once playing indoor cricket many, many years ago. My excuse was I was high as a kite at the time though.

Author:  Mr Red [ Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussies pick a Saffer

Bomber wrote:
Mr Red wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Seen two of the more bizzare run-outs this test. School boy stuff. :oops:


I wonder if both batsmen could have been run out by getting the ball to the other end and knocking them bails off also for the one where the 2 batsmen where standing in the middle having a chat. :?:


Once one batsman is out, the ball is dead, so not possible. Its not baseball. :wink:



ah ok :wink:

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/