"GO YOU REDS"

It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:32 am

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Aussies pick a Saffer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:37 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 11708
Location: On a freight train to crazy town
I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreamin......

Loose bus change.......is that an Aussie name :lol:

_________________
Time for some righteous indignation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aussies pick a Saffer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:38 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
I'm sure there will be some excuse for this one.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aussies pick a Saffer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:55 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Been a while - Kepler Wessels was the last one wasn't he?

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aussies pick a Saffer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:58 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
Bomber wrote:
Been a while - Kepler Wessels was the last one wasn't he?


I believe so, been quite a few other nationalities though.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aussies pick a Saffer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:27 pm 
Offline
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:45 pm
Posts: 607
Location: U.K
Yeah, the Kiwis have been propping the Aussie film industry for decades.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aussies pick a Saffer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:10 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Batting average of 0 so far

I guess he can only improve (and at least took a wicket) :wink:

What's the lowest ever crowd to watch a test? Surely this one would be up there, when the camera scans to a crowd shot, at best it's been a couple sitting by themselves with hardly anyone else in sight.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aussies pick a Saffer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:53 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
Bomber wrote:
Batting average of 0 so far

I guess he can only improve (and at least took a wicket) :wink:

What's the lowest ever crowd to watch a test? Surely this one would be up there, when the camera scans to a crowd shot, at best it's been a couple sitting by themselves with hardly anyone else in sight.


Behind some of that glass is the air conditioned bar. I know that's where the England fans are when we play there.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aussies pick a Saffer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:08 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Batting average of 0 so far

I guess he can only improve (and at least took a wicket) :wink:

What's the lowest ever crowd to watch a test? Surely this one would be up there, when the camera scans to a crowd shot, at best it's been a couple sitting by themselves with hardly anyone else in sight.


Behind some of that glass is the air conditioned bar. I know that's where the England fans are when we play there.


Makes sense. Still seems like it's a ghost town (despite probably having some of the best indoor facilities going around)

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aussies pick a Saffer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:34 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 16196
Bomber wrote:
Batting average of 0 so far

I guess he can only improve (and at least took a wicket) :wink:

What's the lowest ever crowd to watch a test? Surely this one would be up there, when the camera scans to a crowd shot, at best it's been a couple sitting by themselves with hardly anyone else in sight.


Seen bigger crowds at a Div 9 SAASL match.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aussies pick a Saffer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:05 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
I think Australia might struggle to win a test in the next two years. Might sneak one in v India at home, but otherwise team looks very ordinary at the moment. Maybe I'm over-reacting and the return of Smith might help down the track, but one wonders how much damage has been done.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aussies pick a Saffer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:57 am 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 am
Posts: 16196
Bomber wrote:
I think Australia might struggle to win a test in the next two years. Might sneak one in v India at home, but otherwise team looks very ordinary at the moment. Maybe I'm over-reacting and the return of Smith might help down the track, but one wonders how much damage has been done.


Do you think Warner will ever be allowed back in, especially if Australia cops a few bad losses?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aussies pick a Saffer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:02 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
ozzie owl wrote:
Bomber wrote:
I think Australia might struggle to win a test in the next two years. Might sneak one in v India at home, but otherwise team looks very ordinary at the moment. Maybe I'm over-reacting and the return of Smith might help down the track, but one wonders how much damage has been done.


Do you think Warner will ever be allowed back in, especially if Australia cops a few bad losses?


Hard to say, not being privy to all the internal "feelings" of the team are about him.

The openers have done ok this test, so a lot will depend on their form moving forward I suppose

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aussies pick a Saffer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:55 am 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
ozzie owl wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Batting average of 0 so far

I guess he can only improve (and at least took a wicket) :wink:

What's the lowest ever crowd to watch a test? Surely this one would be up there, when the camera scans to a crowd shot, at best it's been a couple sitting by themselves with hardly anyone else in sight.


Seen bigger crowds at a Div 9 SAASL match.


Seen being the appropriate word.

Just because you can't see them, doesn't mean they're not there.

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aussies pick a Saffer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:01 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
God is an Englishman wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Batting average of 0 so far

I guess he can only improve (and at least took a wicket) :wink:

What's the lowest ever crowd to watch a test? Surely this one would be up there, when the camera scans to a crowd shot, at best it's been a couple sitting by themselves with hardly anyone else in sight.


Seen bigger crowds at a Div 9 SAASL match.


Seen being the appropriate word.

Just because you can't see them, doesn't mean they're not there.


Could say that about AO (members tents behind western stand). Usually heaps there, many won't watch a ball of the day's play (not counting tv screens around the area).

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aussies pick a Saffer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:23 pm 
Offline
Technical Director
Technical Director
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 42442
If these two stay there until lunch, this could be an interesting finish.

Are Pakistan out of reviews?

_________________
Quote:
West Adelaide Soccer Club president Alex Alexandrou said the club was still in a position to be playing and training at the new ground either by the end of the 2015 season or in 2016.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aussies pick a Saffer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:19 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
A good draw (if there is such a thing). Pakistanis sure scored the bulk of the runs in this test. :wink:

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aussies pick a Saffer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:19 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 11708
Location: On a freight train to crazy town
First Pakistani batsman to score a century against..............Pakistan :P

_________________
Time for some righteous indignation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aussies pick a Saffer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:23 pm 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Stitch This wrote:
First Pakistani batsman to score a century against..............Pakistan :P


Lucky the game is on "neutral" turf, otherwise he could have been in strife. :)

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aussies pick a Saffer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:15 pm 
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:59 pm
Posts: 134
Location: Webb Beach
Bomber wrote:
A good draw (if there is such a thing). Pakistanis sure scored the bulk of the runs in this test. :wink:


:D

_________________
Football used to be my life. Now I have a life.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aussies pick a Saffer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:30 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Seen two of the more bizzare run-outs this test. School boy stuff. :oops:

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aussies pick a Saffer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:43 am 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:34 pm
Posts: 2246
Bomber wrote:
Seen two of the more bizzare run-outs this test. School boy stuff. :oops:


I wonder if both batsmen could have been run out by getting the ball to the other end and knocking them bails off also for the one where the 2 batsmen where standing in the middle having a chat. :?:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aussies pick a Saffer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:37 am 
Offline
Board Member
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 52318
Location: Between the lake and the beach
Mr Red wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Seen two of the more bizzare run-outs this test. School boy stuff. :oops:


I wonder if both batsmen could have been run out by getting the ball to the other end and knocking them bails off also for the one where the 2 batsmen where standing in the middle having a chat. :?:


Once one batsman is out, the ball is dead, so not possible. Its not baseball. :wink:

Silly thing is the "saffer" that got out in the Oz first innings, I did myself once playing indoor cricket many, many years ago. My excuse was I was high as a kite at the time though.

_________________
Ignore this signature


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Aussies pick a Saffer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:43 am 
Offline
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:34 pm
Posts: 2246
Bomber wrote:
Mr Red wrote:
Bomber wrote:
Seen two of the more bizzare run-outs this test. School boy stuff. :oops:


I wonder if both batsmen could have been run out by getting the ball to the other end and knocking them bails off also for the one where the 2 batsmen where standing in the middle having a chat. :?:


Once one batsman is out, the ball is dead, so not possible. Its not baseball. :wink:



ah ok :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group