THE INDIAN SUN SPORTS PERSON

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Aastishjoshi
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

THE INDIAN SUN SPORTS PERSON

Post by Aastishjoshi »

Pradeep Sihag:

Four-time Indian national boxing champ Pradeep came to Australia in 2004 as a member of the Indian Youth Commonwealth Games team. The only Indian professional boxer who has won several titles and ranked top 10 in the world, Pradeep is now a boxing coach in Australia, taking every effort to create new champs, fuelled by his dreams to start sports academies in India and Down Under. With community service foremost on his mind, Pradeep participates in blood donation drives and helps internationals students find jobs.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Re: THE INDIAN SUN SPORTS PERSON

Post by Bomber »

How about your lot stop sooking about a day-night test in Adelaide? Scared?
Ignore this signature

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Bomber wrote:How about your lot stop sooking about a day-night test in Adelaide? Scared?
They have officially spat the dummy , the D/N test is not happening.

Loretta Jones
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Loretta Jones »

Can you call it spitting the dummy
Read 'em and weep boys

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

ozzie owl wrote:
Bomber wrote:How about your lot stop sooking about a day-night test in Adelaide? Scared?
Good. Test cricket is played during the day with a red ball. Why would you hand an advantage to your opposition if you don't have to.

That's not spitting the dummy, It's good sense.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:
ozzie owl wrote:
Good. Test cricket is played during the day with a red ball. Why would you hand an advantage to your opposition if you don't have to.

That's not spitting the dummy, It's good sense.
It's cowardly. Going to be fun with the home crowd getting stuck in more than usual.

That said, if I get into a corporate box again, it's better to have the day format. 8)
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Wouldn't it be cowardly to insist on some unfair advantage?

Aussie crowds are a funny bunch. I think India have the moral high ground somehow. I'll be taking my own sandpaper with me.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:Wouldn't it be cowardly to insist on some unfair advantage?

Aussie crowds are a funny bunch. I think India have the moral high ground somehow. I'll be taking my own sandpaper with me.
You can take sandpaper if you like, but reckon the joke will wear thin by the time they play here.

To ensure India aren't further unfairly disadvantaged, it has been agreed that the coin toss will no longer be required and India as the visiting country, will have first dibs on whether to bat or bowl first.
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Bomber wrote:
God is an Englishman wrote:Wouldn't it be cowardly to insist on some unfair advantage?

You can take sandpaper if you like, but reckon the joke will wear thin by the time they play here.

To ensure India aren't further unfairly disadvantaged, it has been agreed that the coin toss will no longer be required and India as the visiting country, will have first dibs on whether to bat or bowl first.

Coin toss have been partially scrapped in county cricket.

Unlike the sandpaper, the joke will never wear thin.

Cricket is played during the day and with a red ball. If you want to move away from that, both teams should agree.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:
Bomber wrote:

Coin toss have been partially scrapped in county cricket.

Unlike the sandpaper, the joke will never wear thin.

Cricket is played during the day and with a red ball. If you want to move away from that, both teams should agree.
I guess we better abandon using lights if it gets a bit overcast too.

I assume no DRS again? If so I hope Kholi gets out LBW from a thick inside edge. :P
Ignore this signature

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Absolutely correct, all those are things which have to be agreed to. Lights should not be used if taking over from natural light.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

God is an Englishman wrote:Absolutely correct, all those are things which have to be agreed to. Lights should not be used if taking over from natural light.
Hence some live in the dark ages and by their own actions will likely play a part in the death of test cricket.
Ignore this signature